“Friendly - Happy with this choice!”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus Southeast
Ranked #59 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Traveled into Columbus for a weekend wedding. Made online reservations to stay at this hotel which advertised "Best pet friendly hotel in Columbus"; however, the new owner changed that policy but not the website. We were worried that we would have to leave and find another hotel that would accommodate our family and small Yorkie. The owners honored our reservation without hesitation (+15 per day pet fee). The room was nicely updated. Very clean. We received a courtesy phone call to the room just to see how we are doing. The lobby has a luxury decor and a small fireplace sitting area. Although we did not use, the pool and hot tub passed the clean site inspection. The room with the King and pull out sofa is a large room. Desk, refrigerator, microwave, flat screen tv (32inch), and coffee pot. The bathroom has a long counter - plenty of room for getting ready. The hallways are clean, as well. Neutral smell. Some hallways reek of wet carpet- but not here! Parking lot well lit. Neighborhood nice and spread out. Restaurants, grocery and pharmacy near. Close to main roads. We drove by the downtown Columbus Holiday Inn Express which sits among the high rise buildings. I am glad that we did not stay at that location which is surrounded by metal fencing for a reason, I'm sure!! If we return to the area for a visit without our dog, this is the hotel we will stay at again. Well-pleased.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
palmtreeColumbus, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Thank you for taking time to review your stay with us. We appreciate any and all feedback from our guests. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed everything our hotel has to offer. I apolgize that the website you were looking at still advertised us as a pet-friendly hotel. We have since contacted that website to update our information. It was our pleasure to accomodate your family and your pup! We hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Got a fast and early check-in on a very cold Christmas Day from a very customer-focused front desk staff. Armed with two bottles of water, proceeded to room already warmed to a divine 70 degrees and looking pristine, comfortable and nicely appointed. Had a fridge for the water. Had lots of hot water and good water pressure and nice variety of bathroom amenities. Enjoyed the hot breakfast the next morning and the general low key, quiet vibe of this place. Will absolutely return again!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
palmtreeColumbus, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Thank you for your review of our hotel! I am pleased to see that you received top notch customer service from our front desk personnel and that you geniunely enjoyed your room! I hope that you will return soon to Holiday Inn Express Columbus Southeast!

Reviewed November 29, 2013

I spend over 180 days a year in motels and have been doing this for about 14 years so I do know alot about motels and I have to say that this is my favorite it is not the newest or fanciest ( not saying its not nice) you will not find better people anywhere,everybody here goes out of their way to make your stay the best it can be I stayed twice this week and may be back next week or it may be a month or two before Im back I never know my schedule till it happens but one thing for sure when I do return I feel like Norm from Cheers " everybody knows my name" If you want a nice well kept clean comfy place at a descent price with the absolute best people then this is your place...

Room Tip: they are all good...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
palmtreeColumbus, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Thank you very much for taking time to write a review of your experience with Holiday Inn Express Columbus Southeast. We love that you feel welcome and comfortable while you are with us. We enjoy having repeat guests and take pride in remembering them each time they walk through our doors! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Extra nice and clean rooms comfortable beds, great breakfast, very nice pool and hot tub, Friendly employees,Nathan at the front desk was very friendly and helpful at the check-in. It was a relaxing experience. Nice, quiet, and clean!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
palmtreeColumbus, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Thank you for your review of our hotel! We work hard to ensure our guests experience top-notch customer service while they are with us, and it is so nice to hear when our goals have been met. We hope that you will return to Holiday Inn Express - Columbus Southeast if you visit the Columbus area again.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Extra nice and clean roomsSuper Comfy beds, great full FREE breakfast, very nice pool and hot tub, Friendly employees, great water pressure for showers. What was especially nice was the hot tub wasn't too terribly hot and the pool wasn't extremely cold like most hotels, so you could easily go from one to the other without shocking your body... only draw back was the internet connection. Each device in your room had to have a different username and password and we needed to enter it several times during our 2 day stay. I know it was done for security reasons but it really got to be annoying after awhile. GREAT STAY FOR THE MONEY OTHERWISE!

Room Tip: We were on the bottom floor and it was super quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 30, 2013

There wasn't much to choose from in this area for hotels. This looked like the best option. It's near the freeway and tons of fast food type restaurants. It has good parking. The presentation of the outside is nice. The rooms are just okay to slightly lower than okay. The wallpaper was peeling. There was a spot of mold on the bathroom floor, but we weren't in the room much. Not sure about the tv, microwave, pool, or breakfast as I didn't use any of that, but they were there. There are both soft and firm pillows. The bed was alright. The front desk staff was very friendly. This is a pet friendly hotel. There was a barking dog on one side of me and a crying baby on the other. Combine that with thin walls and I didn't sleep. I think it was over-priced for what I got, but the other options looked even worse.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
palmtreeColumbus, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Thank you for taking time to complete a review on your experience with our hotel. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. I apologize that you were unable to rest in your room. The front desk staff would have been happy to move you to another room (as long as one was available). We take pride in handling our guest's concerns imediately and effectively. Again, I'm sorry we did not deliver the brand standard we work so hard to uphold. If you return to our area of Columbus please allow us the chance to meet and exceed your expectations.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

I recently stayed at this Holiday Inn. It has a very convenient location as it is so close to 70 and 33. The hotel is a bit older, but you can see that it has been updated and well-cared for. Althea and Nathan at the front desk were very friendly and helpful at the check-in. Later they helped my coworkers and I find a good place to get dinner. Over all it was a relaxing experience. Nice, quiet, and clean!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your experience at Holiday Inn Express - Columbus Southeast! We love to know when we have succeeded in providing our guests with a great "home away from home!"

I apologize that the internet service was irritating for you. It does require you to sign in any time your system goes idle. Thank you for understanding that it is set up that way to protect our guests.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Comfort Suites East
Comfort Suites East
#97 of 145 in Columbus
WoodSpring Suites Columbus Southeast
Best Western Canal Winchester Inn - Columbus South East
Best Western Canal Winchester In...
#1 of 1 in Canal Winchester
Quality Inn & Suites South/Obetz
Hampton Inn and Suites Columbus Scioto Downs
Holiday Inn Express Columbus South - Obetz

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus Southeast? Share your experiences!