“A PLEASANT NEW EXPERIENCE”

Staybridge Suites Columbus Airport
Ranked #80 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Philadelphia
“A PLEASANT NEW EXPERIENCE”
Reviewed January 20, 2010

I was travelling with my daughter and wanted something with a pool for a night. I have travelled for years and Holiday Inns have always been what I look for. I had heard of Staybridge Suites and thought to give them a try. Check in went smotthly and quickly. I too was told of the 'No Party' Policy, but that was great, because I wanted a quiet night. I arrived at the end of the Sundowner but was allowed to get a few things anyway, and breakfast was Nice the next morning. It is nice to get a suite at a Hotel room price, adn we have 2 beds, so the sleeper sofa wasnt needed. I look forward to my next stay at Staybridge

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
columbus, OH
Reviewed January 9, 2010

Check in went smoothly, told about no party policy..and $200.00 fine in a threatening tone as other travelers have mentioned. Turned out to be ironic b/c a bunch of drunk party goers on our floor. Pounding on doors and being loud at 3-4am. Called down to front desk to complain nothing done. Security cameras all around but apparently werent caught on camera.

Checked out the next morning w/the same staff member who checked us in the night before mentioned a restless night and the partying and he shrugged it off. All he said is they have 24hr security but i said i couldn't tell.

The room itself was nice and kitchenette was nice.. but probably won't stay there again. Reccommend Homewood Suites across the way stayed there several times and always quiet and much nicer.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mlever
Laurel, MD
Reviewed September 20, 2009

I stayed here before and had a great stay. However, this time the place was not so enjoyable. The free wireless was not available in the room, so I had to connect with an ethernet cable that the desk manager told me would cost ten dollars if I did not bring it back to the desk. The basketball court is nice, but if you want to play you have to pay to use the ball!? The breakfast was cold and the hotel did not plan for the guest as the food was running out. Guest were asking for simple things like danish, sausage, etc., but they had none left. I will definitely consider another hotel the next time I'm in Columbus.

The most frustrating thing about this hotel was when you arrive, they tell you how many ways they can trow you out and how much it will cost you. You have to sign a over-copied "No Party Policy" form. If you make noise, they will trow you out and charge you $200. I appreciate a quite room, but the many rules and threats were a bit much.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed September 13, 2009

We stayed at this Staybridge from Aug. 28 through Sept. 5 (2009). We drove across country, and we arrived a day early for our reservation. We started out in a mini-suite, then moved to the 1-bedroom suite we'd reserved. Both rooms were spacious, clean, and comfortable. The bed was comfortable and had an assortment of pillows w/ different firmness. The kitchen was spotless (and had a working ice maker--very convenient). The ac/heater worked perfectly. USA Today is delivered to the room M-F. The property has a really nice courtyard with a giant chessboard, gazebo, and basketball court.

Those familiar with Staybridge know about the complementary amenities: full breakfast daily, dinner w/ wine & drinks (M-Th only), use of laundry facilities, high speed wireless internet, exercise equipment, pool & hot tub. If you figure in the cost of these free services, it can really add up. We found the staff very courteous and helpful.

This has become our favorite chain for economical travel. It's not the Ritz, but it's a great value that is clean, comfortable, and perfect for business or family travel.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
st. louis, mo
Reviewed August 9, 2009

Probably one of the best hotel experiences I have ever had. The people couldn't be nicer and more helpful. Snacks, breakfast, wine at night, all great! Rooms were comfy. Bed and comfortable was the best! I would try to find a staybridge anywhere I go! It was awesome. Only thing I can complain about is their whirlpool kind of sucked but everything else was great!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Pittsburgh
Reviewed August 7, 2008

My family and I stayed at this hotel from 7/29 thru 7/31/08. When booking the hotel, I had no new reviews to go on, so I was determined to write this review for travelers to Columbus.
1st - Anything negative in any prior reviews is a bunch of bunk.
2nd - We had a wonderful experience
3rd - check in....piece of cake..could not have been friendlier
4th - room was spotless...2 bedroom...2 bath
5th - shower water pressure....excellent
6th - bed comfortable for a hotel...what do you expect?
7th - kitchen...just an added bonus...very convenient
8th - manager happy hour...excellent..food...service...drink...FREE
9th - breakfast...same as above..again...what is the expectation?
10th - kids loved the pool...happy kids..make happy parents

There it is my top 10 reasons for staying at staybridge at the Columbus airport.
Seriously folks, I'm a NO B.S. kind of guy....This hotel is well worth the money and the time.

• Liked — Big...clean room
  • Disliked — Quality of Free beer at happy hour..Budweiser...would have prefered Sam Adams....joking
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank smoke1
US
Reviewed November 28, 2007

The hotel is a very nice hotel. Great breakfast, and very clean rooms. The gentleman at the front desk was very helpful with directions. And were very happy to meet the general manager during breakfast, he was always smiling and chatting with everyone. My me and my family will stay here again when we return to Columbus. Thank you again for a nice time...

Stayed November 2007