WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Staybridge Suites Columbus Airport

Staybridge Suites Columbus Airport
Ranked #65 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Bellingham, Washington
“all the space I was looking for”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

I booked a 2 bedroom suite for 4 nights. What I needed was plenty of space for a family of 4 with 2 teenagers. One of which was competing in the Fencing National Championships, and wanted to go to bed earlier than the rest of us. I don't know the square footage, but it was huge. The bedroom with 2 queen beds also had a computer desk along with standard dresser, night stand and flat screen tv. The other bedroom had one queen bed with standard furnishings. Both bedrooms had their own bathrooms. The kitchen area didn't have a table, but did have a breakfast bar with seating for 2, full size fridge with ice maker , 2 burner stove, microwave, toaster oven, coffee pot and dishwasher. Service for 4 and everything you'd need to cook. The living room area had kind of a chaise/sectional couch which could easily seat 4 or be an additional sleeping space if needed. (and of course a 3rd flat screen tv) The pool was warm. There was some remodeling going on, our floor was having the hallways re wallpapered, but it didn't interfere with our stay. Breakfast was good, the weekday socials, not as tasty, but nice to have it available. All of the staff and contractors where very friendly. And the beds were very comfortable, we all slept well.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Salem, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

I spent a week here for work. My first time at a Staybridge Suites hotel.

I arrived early and the young lady at the front desk found me a room. She wanted to keep me off the front of the hotel because of the road and airplane noise. So I got a room in the corner of the courtyard.

The rooms are a little dated, but they are clean and comfortable. The air conditioning is awesome and was needed due to the 90 degree temps that week.

My second night there I had a room issue that was not under the control of the hotel. I went to the front desk at 11 pm and they found another room for me two doors down. It was awesome that they could do that because I was told they were full. The important thing is, they took care of the issue.

The breakfast and the people running the breakfast area are very nice. There was always waffles and some form of eggs. The breakfast was fresh and filling, and the coffee was always good.

The people at the front desk were awesome. Always willing to help and always with a smile on their face. They definitely know customer service.

The only issue I had was noise. Others had mentioned thin walls in their reviews. Well one morning I was sitting at my desk listening to the man in the next room on a conference call. He might as well be sitting in my room. I was on the second floor and there was lots of noise on the third floor. Lots of stomping around. Typically you should not hear that.

In addition to that, they were redoing the courtyard, so when I was there late a couple of mornings, I was listening to jackhammers. However i know that is a short term noise and will eventually end.

Overall, it's a good hotel. If you are there for a couple of days business, I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

I stayed at Staybridge for 6 days. Customer service was good. Cleanliness was good. The decor good. Decore was plain and comfortable. Hotel offered complimentary coffee and tea all day. Complimentary breakfast, dinner, and free beer and wine during the evening for about 2-3 hours. Breakfast and Dinner are not extravagant but suitable especially for buget travelers. Pool location was great. There was a subway and Mcdonalds within close walking distance. I did not see a sit down restaurant in close walking distance. Neighborhood is good and safe. I liked the amenities. Complimentary business center was great. I only disliked the shuttle service. The hotel offers free shuttle service to Columbus Airport but only in mornings and evening. Its limited hours so schedule your flight according.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

I can say nothing but great things about they have a friendly staff, clean hotel with a good simple breakfast. My sister and I were there helping an elderly aunt. We had to stay an extra night and they were booked but helped us find other hotels in the area with rooms just in case they did not get a cancellation. Thankfully a cancellation came in and we were able to stay. Price is reasonable based on the accommodations in my opinion. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed June 2014
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

I picked this hotel over the other one I was considering because it stated they have a hot tub as well as a pool. There is no hot tub so we about froze trying to use the indoor pool and the kids couldn't stay in as long as they wanted because of it. Probably won't be back... The whole point of our stay was for the pool/hot tub.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Emili P
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Columbus Airport, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear Emili P,

Thank you for your recent stay with us. It seems that a misunderstanding about our pool area did not make your stay enjoyable. I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you and your family. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2014

How can you complain about a clean and comfortable hotel that offers full kitchen amenities in room, AND free appetizer/dinner/beer on weekday evenings? If you are a platinum IHG member, there's a good chance they will upgrade you to a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom suite. Unfortunately this hotel is just outside of the acceptable price range for my company so I am no longer able to stay there, but for anybody who can spend around $120/night, it's well worth it!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014

Checked in extremely late, around 3am for a one night stay. Reception was friendly and extremely quick. Hotel room had plenty of space and was very clean. Breakfast had plenty of options and lots of seating. Very impressed overall for what was such a short stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business