We had a problem with heat at a hotel we won on name your own price on Priceline. Priceline finally agreed to move us and refund our money. This all took place at 12:30 AM. They obtained this hotel for us. We loaded up and moved over to this hotel which was very close. We had to ring the bell to be let in, and this is understandable due to the late nature. However after we were let in we were rudely greeted with You know check out time is 12 noon. No welcome to Staybridge Suites, no how can I help you. Just making sure we knew check out time. I replied we will be gone long before that and yes I knew THAT. Explained to front desk clerk LIna that Priceline had just made a ressie for us since we had no heat at previous location. She pulled it up on the computer, but said she couldn't check us in as Priceline did not send a price, and there hd to be a price on the ressie. She proceeded to call which I believed was PRiceline(more on this later) she had trouble getting through as it was quite early. She finally got through and was going back and forth with the person on the other end, something about a ressie number. I laid my paper with my previous ressie number on the counter along with the confirmation number for the Staybridge ressie I pushed them towards her, but she never looked at them. Finally she slammed the phone down on the counter and said you have to talk to them and she then slammed the door to the office and stormed in there. I got on the phone and talked to the lady, and gave her the numbers, she finally said ma'am I do not have a ressie anywhere for you with Expedia. I said I didn't make one through Expedia. By this time LIna had come out of the office, and was going about her business. I hung the phone up and looked at her and said you called Expedia, I told you Priceline, she said no you said Expedia, at that point my 18 year old daughter spoke up and said she told you Priceline. Lina then got back on the phone with Priceline, and still the papers still were laying on the counter. She kept hanging up so I got on my cellphone and tried, it was hard to get through. when she saw what I was doing she quit trying, She also stated well I don't have the number, I said it is laying right here and you never asked me for it, she replied you never gave it to me, again major attitude. I finally got through with them but was having issues with them. In the meantime LIna said I could pay for the room myself and then when it was straightened out with Pricline I would get my money back. Now after her attitude no way was I going to try this and I didn't feel I should have too. Finally she agreed to a reduced rate and wouldn't charge my card unless they never heard back at all from PRiceline. beinng that it was now almost 2 AM I gave her y CC and checked in. Finally at 230 everything was straightened out. My card never was charged. I feel Lina had an attitude from the start, after being greeted with you know check out is 12 noon. Needless to say I had very little sleep that night/morning. I did contact Intercontinental Hotels( the parent group) the next day, but as of today April 19, 2013 I have not heard a word from them. Don't arrive late or she will be rude, and don't make your ressie with Priceline because they don't know how to handle it at this hotel. I've used Priceline several timesrand at much higher stars then this hotel, and was never treated as rudely as I was at this property. I ave always been treated respectfully even making ressie with Priceline.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Staybridge Suites Columbus Airport conveniently located near Columbus Airport and minutes away from Easton Town Center, DSCC/DLA/DFAS Center, The Ohio State University, Columbus Convention Center, Ohio Expo Center, MAPFRE Crew Stadium, Nationwide Arena and Hollywood Casino. Complimentary airport shuttle is provided. Our guests love our all suite hotel! They can choose to enjoy a spacious studio, 1-bedroom or 2-bedroom/2 bath suites. Every suite has a fully equipped kitchen with refrigerators, stove tops, microwave oven, dishwasher and free high-speed internet access. Sundries are available from The Pantry store. Complimentary guest laundry, business center, and fitness room are open until 10 PM so you only have to work around one schedule - yours. Enjoy a swim in the indoor pool or a game of Basketball on the outdoor Sport Court. Relax in the Gazebo or by the fire pit in the courtyard. Guests can also enjoy a complimentary hot breakfast buffet every morning in our spacious Great Room. Monday - Wednesday your Staybridge Suites team hosts an Evening Reception consisting of beverages and light food each week. We offer many amenities and services to provide every guest all the comforts necessary to Make It Your Place. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, IHG, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Staybridge Suites Columbus Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Columbus Airport Hotel Columbus
- Columbus Staybridge Suites
- Staybridge Suites Columbus Airport Ohio