“Rude, Never Been treated So Poorly”

Staybridge Suites Columbus Airport
Ranked #76 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We had a problem with heat at a hotel we won on name your own price on Priceline. Priceline finally agreed to move us and refund our money. This all took place at 12:30 AM. They obtained this hotel for us. We loaded up and moved over to this hotel which was very close. We had to ring the bell to be let in, and this is understandable due to the late nature. However after we were let in we were rudely greeted with You know check out time is 12 noon. No welcome to Staybridge Suites, no how can I help you. Just making sure we knew check out time. I replied we will be gone long before that and yes I knew THAT. Explained to front desk clerk LIna that Priceline had just made a ressie for us since we had no heat at previous location. She pulled it up on the computer, but said she couldn't check us in as Priceline did not send a price, and there hd to be a price on the ressie. She proceeded to call which I believed was PRiceline(more on this later) she had trouble getting through as it was quite early. She finally got through and was going back and forth with the person on the other end, something about a ressie number. I laid my paper with my previous ressie number on the counter along with the confirmation number for the Staybridge ressie I pushed them towards her, but she never looked at them. Finally she slammed the phone down on the counter and said you have to talk to them and she then slammed the door to the office and stormed in there. I got on the phone and talked to the lady, and gave her the numbers, she finally said ma'am I do not have a ressie anywhere for you with Expedia. I said I didn't make one through Expedia. By this time LIna had come out of the office, and was going about her business. I hung the phone up and looked at her and said you called Expedia, I told you Priceline, she said no you said Expedia, at that point my 18 year old daughter spoke up and said she told you Priceline. Lina then got back on the phone with Priceline, and still the papers still were laying on the counter. She kept hanging up so I got on my cellphone and tried, it was hard to get through. when she saw what I was doing she quit trying, She also stated well I don't have the number, I said it is laying right here and you never asked me for it, she replied you never gave it to me, again major attitude. I finally got through with them but was having issues with them. In the meantime LIna said I could pay for the room myself and then when it was straightened out with Pricline I would get my money back. Now after her attitude no way was I going to try this and I didn't feel I should have too. Finally she agreed to a reduced rate and wouldn't charge my card unless they never heard back at all from PRiceline. beinng that it was now almost 2 AM I gave her y CC and checked in. Finally at 230 everything was straightened out. My card never was charged. I feel Lina had an attitude from the start, after being greeted with you know check out is 12 noon. Needless to say I had very little sleep that night/morning. I did contact Intercontinental Hotels( the parent group) the next day, but as of today April 19, 2013 I have not heard a word from them. Don't arrive late or she will be rude, and don't make your ressie with Priceline because they don't know how to handle it at this hotel. I've used Priceline several timesrand at much higher stars then this hotel, and was never treated as rudely as I was at this property. I ave always been treated respectfully even making ressie with Priceline.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Tim B, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Columbus Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Thank you taking the time to relay your experience. The management wishes to apologize and will address the issues with the staff. We do appreciate your patronage and will do our best to make sure this does not occur again.

There are newer reviews for Staybridge Suites Columbus Airport

Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

My room was very clean, all dishes and cookware on hand, halls and room smelled clean. Hotel was very quite at night, did not try the free meals but menu looked enticing. I was over charged but that was quickly resolved, I will be back to stay and enjoy this wonderful hotel again!

• Stayed: April 2013
Tim B, Manager at Staybridge Suites Columbus Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

We appreciate the coments. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We checked into Staybridge for one night before our early morning flight, they offer shuttle service to the airport as well as leaving our car there instead of having to pay to park at the airport. The check in was efficient and pleasant. David was who greeted us. He done everything just perfect. The room was nice, clean and big. Since we're leaving at five am , he had two bags of goodies for us to take with us, water, apple, banana, Danish and muffins were in each bag. The shuttle picked us up when we arrived back in Columbus 14 days later, they were quick in getting there. I wouldn't change anything about this stay. David is to be commended. I will stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank 22faith
Tim B, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Columbus Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to express your kind words. I will pass them on to the staff.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

Pros: great location
Free washers & dryers
Free breakfast & dinner
Cons: I killed three bugs in my room.
My stay was ok but I kept finding bugs in my room. Woke up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom it was a huge spider crawling on the bathroom room floor. Then the next day there was a bug on the ceiling and a fly was in the room.

• Stayed: July 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Columbus Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2012

Dear marriottgoldmember12,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. I am delighted you liked the location of our hotel as well as the laundry facilities and the free breakfast and dinner. Please accept my sincerest apologies that you were disappointed about your room accommodations. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. We all hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 12, 2012

We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite and were quite impressed by the cleanliness and amount of room we had. The bedrooms were large and each had it's own bath. We had a full kitchen that was the best stocked kitchen we have had in a suite hotel. I think a gourmet chef would have everything they would want! The living room area was large and bright and it was nice to have a dining table to have our meals on.
The have a large well stocked buffet in the am for breakfast. The location was very close to the airport and there were lots of other hotels and places to eat nearby.
The staff was friendly and efficient.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I keep being impressed by the "new" Holiday Inn family of hotels. I was at this Staybridge for 2 days for a conference. They upgraded me to an awesome s-bedroom suite. Every bit as nice as any Embassy Suites I have ever stayed at. Bed was fantastic. had one minor problem - the thermostat failed the second night. The night manager was at my door within 5 minutes of it being reported, trying multiple things to fix it, but to no avail. It was fine anyway, but this attention to customer service is refreshing. The pool and hot tub were very nice. Overall, this was a very nice stay, at a great rate. Excellent value for the money. Highly recommended, if you need a hotel near Columbus Airport.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank FlyingAuditor
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Have spent two nights in this hotel on way to Chicago in late May. The queen bed suite is spacious, very clean and well equipped. Breakfast is free. The waffle maker is very popular. Hotel has shuttle to airport and nearby shopping town where you can spend half day easily.

The only downside is the noise from aircraft landing. If you are a light sleeper, you will hear them very clearly in early mornings. Otherwise, the hotel is very good for short stay. It has swimming pool, outdoor play area, gym and laundry room, all free for guests. Staff are very friendly too.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family