“Great airport property with helpful staff”

Staybridge Suites Columbus Airport
Ranked #81 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed July 22, 2011

My flight was canceled for the evening and I called the property and got the last room available. Front desk was very helpful and sent the hotel shuttle right over to the airport.
The place was packed and very busy. I did not stay long enough to sample the evening buffet or the breakfast buffet either.
They have a nice gym and pool. The shuttle does not start running until 5:00AM. If you need to go earlier they can arrange for a taxi.
I had room 128 which was on the first floor and I had no problems with any noise or thin walls. Room was clean and air conditioning worked great! There is a nearby McDonalds and a Subway and Turkey Hill gas station within easy walking distance. The property was not really promoting any take-out places. I found one menu in the room for a website which had a limited menu and a $15 minimum order and things like ribs and such. They need to offer other places to get take out like pizza and Chinese.
Bed was on the soft side. Water pressure was fine and I had no problem with the wireless internet. The hotel helped get me a good nights sleep and kept me cool all evening during my extra surprise overnight in Columbus.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank panther61

Reviewed July 1, 2011

I stayed here during a business trip from Jun 28 to Jul 1 (getting ready to check out). Staff and room have been excellent. I have a studio suite, which has been very comfortable. There isa full, delicious, breakfast every morning, and different entrees available every night. I didn't take advantage of the evening meal, as we usually went out as a team for dinner. I DID, unfortunately, hear my neighbor talking on the phone a few times, which supports the other reviews about thin wall. Not to mention, right now, some guys are playing basketball, and somehow they keep managing to get it outside the big net walls they have, hitting the wall to my room. Not faulting the hotel for that, but it IS annoying.

Overall, I have been very pleased with my stay here, and I would stay again. Of course, you are near the airport, so you get to hear planes flying over regularly (the DO seem to quiet down after about 10PM).

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 4, 2011

Service:great.Room size and features:great.Big enough to walk around. Unfortunately, so was the room above us--heard every step of the family in the room over our heads. Also listened to the guest in the next room snoring all night, which means he could hear us too. Good amenities,but cheap construction. Will avoid Staybridge and go for one of many comparable competitors next time.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed March 3, 2011

I stayed here from Sunday, January 23rd to Friday, February 4th. I returned on Sunday, February 6th and checked out Friday, February 11th, 2011. I will list the PRO's and CON's of this hotel:

PRO'S
-Very clean hotel
-Everything worked perfectly in the room
-Free cookies in the late afternoon
-Free breakfast and free "Sundowner." Do NOT refer to Sundowner as dinner because front desk person with glasses and mustache gets very animated and particular about this!
-Pool and hot spa
-Proximity to Easton Mall, downtown Columbus, Defense Supply Center Columbus, etc.
-Exercise area, albeit very small with 2 treadmills (1 does not work), 1 eliptical, and 1 exercise bike. There is also a Nautilus that does shoulder press, bench press, incline press, etc.
-Free use of laundry area (I believe it has 3 washers and 3 dryers; however at least 1 washer and 1 dryer was not working during my entire stay.
-Pretty good customer service

CONS:
-At least 1 washer and 1 dryer did not work during my trip. I mentioned it to the staff multiple times but they made it seemed like it wasn't a priority to get fixed. Did I mention to you that this hotel has 3 floors and probably 120 rooms. 2 dryers and 2 washers for at least 120 people doesn't seem like a whole lot. Expect to wait to use these machines
-"Business Center" is comprised of 2 Dell Dimension 1100 towers and CRT (large, non-flatscreen) monitors. They are at LEAST 6 years old and EXTREMELY slow. All I wanted to do was print my graduate paper which was done on MS Word and after waiting an hour to the computer to boot up, boot up work, freeze, wait, etc. I gave up. I couldn't get a simple document to print. There is a printer but what good is it when you have computers that are so slow and inefficient that a resident can't even print??? I tried to get it printed at the front desk but it wasn't successfull. Apparently, the front desk computers are EQUALLY slow! Very disappointing!!!!!
-1 treadmill wasn't working. This was reported to staff but sign was never placed on machine.
-Pool and hot tub needs to be extensively cleaned daily. There is evidence of build up of mildew along the walls of the pool. I know because I was a lifeguard for several years and was responsible for cleaning and testing/balancing Ph levels of the pool.
-Parking lot and sidewalk were not properly salted when snow and rainy ice weather arrived into the area. I almost slipped and fell while exiting the side door towards my vehicle. The whole parking lot resembled a hockey rink it was so bad. I reported this to the man who was working at 7 am but when I returned, no salt was placed. I reported it again in the afternoon.
-Coffee was terrible. I recommend they replaced instant garbage coffee with 3 burners and 3 carafes,( one regular, one decaf, one flavored) with brewing new fresh coffee every 30 minutes.

In summary, a good quality hotel however they need to improve their maintenance with exercise room, pool area, parking lot, sidewalk, business center, and laundry room to be declared excellent. All in all a good value but absoluting frustrating and disappointing on not having the capability to print a single document in this hotel!!!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 23, 2011

Clean building, clean bathroom, nice in-room kitchen and amenities. Dave at front desk was very welcoming and helpful.
Chair at desk in room was broken and would not raise up to a normal level, they brought me another chair in less than five minutes.
The Wifi access is a great signal coming from at least 6 different SSIDs you can connect to, but both their sign on Ts and Cs page and its Java scripts are slow and then the time to resolve and load some webpages reminded me of when I had dial-up internet....very slow...very frustrating. They have a lot of rooms and clearly need more bandwidth.
Their little shop is quite complete--snacks, sundries, non-alcoholic beverages...You can also walk across the parking lot to a full bar and restaurant at the Embassy Suites.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Philip S
Reviewed November 27, 2010

We found this to be a great hotel for our family vacation. All the staff were wonderful and so polite. The pool area was very clean. The free breakfast was amazing. I couldn't believe the variety; eggs, bacon, 4 types of cereal, a waffle maker (DD loved this), fruit, yogurt, tea, oj, pop, milk, and muffins. The price was amazing as well. Our room and bathroom were very clean as well. I didn't hear anyone for the rooms next door. The only down side was since we were close to the airport we could hear the airplanes. But we only heard 3 after we arrived around 5pm and none after 8:30 or so. So it wasn't bothersome. Would definatly stay again and recommend to others.

• Stayed: November 2010
1  Thank tllgreene
Reviewed November 7, 2010

Bed was comfortable,room was large. Breakfast was average for a motel of it's type. Location is very good and accessible quickly to most areas of town. Wallpaper was pealing throughout the room. The room was very noisy. I could hear the person in the room next door snoring.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business