“Good Value”

Staybridge Suites Columbus Airport
Ranked #80 of 144 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed November 16, 2007

The room was very spacious and clean. I had a hard time getting the thermostat to stay at a comfortable temperature and the shower was the worst I have ever had in my life. The fitness center was good and they had a managers reception in the evening with some food as well as a tasty breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business

Reviewed October 9, 2007

StayBridge is one of my favorite chains. This hotel is fine but the staff leaves a lot to be desired. In reading other reviews I see most had the same opinion. Customer service is not the name of the game at this hotel.

The staff was very un motivated staff. At check in the clerk was more interested in surfing the web than checking me in. They were barely serviceable at check out and down right snarly when they told me the pool would not be open till 0800. The breakfast is nice but the attendant was mean. She seemed bother that folks were eating the food. Lighten up a bit and smile some.
A new manager could do this hotel good.

Also the pool did not open till 0800 what is with that. Ok it is a small thing and does not detract from the great StayBridge product. But come on why. It is a no lifeguard pool what is the issues? When you’re a runner with a sore knee looking for a morning soak or a family with kids looking to get the kids out of the room early so Mom can sleep at least a 0700 rise on the pool would have been nice.

Other than that my stay was fine. The location is easy to find in a hotel belt right off I-670 next to the airport. Runway noise was minimal on the night I stayed. There are gas station shops and fast food with in walking distance.

The rooms at Stay Bridge are great clean and big. On Par with a Homestead Inn or Resiendece Inn with whom this hotel competes. I was upgraded to a nice one bedroom that served my family well. For all the table tents about saving water…what is with the no stopper in the sink? For a hotel that markets it self to b-travelers it makes it hard to shave with out wasting water.

I would stay here again and recommend it just don’t look to go for an early dip.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed October 2, 2007

I have been staying at the hotel for nearly a week, and will be here for another two weeks on a business trip. The suite is clean and in good shape. The bedding, and furniture appear relatively new, though the carpet has some stains and the tiles in the bathroom have a small amount of grout coming up. The hotel provides free Wi-Fi access at 54 Mbps. There is also a moderately good free breakfast available. They don't cook your eggs to order, but there are premade eggs, sausage or bacon, sliced melons, pineapple, oatmeal, cereal, cottage cheese, danishes, cake, muffins, bagels, various other breakfast items and also a waffle maker (my favorite). Mondays through Thursdays they have free food such as salad, nacho chips with cheese and drinks such as sodas, beer, and wine. They also serve varying items such as wings, or soup that change by day. The staff has been very polite and helpful. I haven't tried the pool or workout room, so I can't comment about those items, but I recommend this location to anyone who has to stay for single or multiple nights. I stay at many different hotels due to my job, and this is one of the better ones with excellent amenities.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed August 18, 2007

My family and I stayed here only one brief night before driving to Sandusky in the morning. We got to the hotel around 1:30am. A lot of the carpet in the main halls were worn and stained. That was a turnoff to me, but the room itself was clean. We had a one bedroom suite with two double beds and a pullout sofabed. The beds were not very comfortable at all. I ended up sleeping on the floor because of it. The one thing that kept us up most of the night was the fact that you could hear people walking on the floor above us. There didn't seem to be any soundproofing to the rooms. We checked out the next morning at 10am. Breakfast was mediocre. They had waffles, bacon, hot and cold cereal, milk, juice, doughnuts and muffins. The eggs were dry and left a lot to be desired. The hotel overall was ok for one night, but I don't think I'd want to spend anymore time than that there.

• Stayed: July 2007
Reviewed January 19, 2007

The hotel itself was very nice. The staff was another story. When I checked in I had to ask 3 times where my room was located before I recieved a response. When the gentlemen at the desk finally answered he was very rude about it. I then called down to see if there were any extra towels, and was told "what is in the room is what you get." My husband and I were waiting in the lobby, later that evening, for a family member. After about 10 minutes, the man at the front desk advised that the lobby was "closed" and we were asked to return to our room. When we explained that we were waiting for someone, we were told when they arrive we would be called in our room. I have never experienced this before. I was then VERY shocked to hear the next morning while checking out that the gentlemen was the manager!!!! We will not return to this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2007
2  Thank aras23
Reviewed November 2, 2006

excellent stay at Staybridge Suites near Columbus Airport in Oct 2006. inexpensive 1 bedroom suite, nice gym, 50 cents for a draft beer at their evening snack !, clean, friendly staff, and nice morning buffet. only 5 minutes from the airport. This is NOT a vacation get-away hotel, but it is a great deal for families and business travelers.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business
Reviewed July 16, 2006

Got a 2 bedroom suite for a weekend getaway with my wife and 2 other adult family members.
One room was extra large with two double beds while the other had a queen. We all shared a living room. The check in was fast and easy,the facility was well staffed, and the room was spotless. The business center was easy to find and use. The indoor pool was also a welcome diversion. The following morning we were treated to a GREAT breakfast, best of all it was free...eggs,sausage,bagels, cereal,hot cereal, fruit, yogurt...you get the picture.
I have stayed in a lot of different places in the Columbus area but I am sure I have found my personal favorite in the Staybridge.
This is a great hotel for families or business travelers as it is close to downtown as well as the airport.

• Stayed: July 2006