DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Columbus Downtown
Ranked #65 of 146 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Yes, rooms are large. That is nice. But woke up to no COLD water in the shower. Once that was fixed our room was not cleaned. The next day the room was cleaned a phone charger was stolen. When you are traveling away from your family, it is a big deal.
Complained, spoke with a gentlemen who apologized and then requested towels and toilet paper. He was going to personally bring that to us. 7 hours later, nothing. Got our own toilet paper before going to the room, and was told she would bring towels right up to us. 2 hours later no towels! Walked down to demand 3 towels. They apparently have none clean! She then came out and gave us 2 towels.

I need to travel back here next July, I will not be staying here!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Joe J, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback and please accept our sincere apology for all the inconvenience you experienced. We want you to know that the comments we receive from our guests are taken very seriously and your suggestions will help us to improve. Please feel free to contact me dirctly (614)2284600 as we would like the opportunity to make it right & earn the opportunity to regain your confidence in hopes of having another opportunity to serve you when your travels bring you back to Columbus.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,284)

Reviewed July 24, 2014

I'm a Hilton Diamond member and have stayed at many of the Hilton brands and have always had a good to excellent experience. I will never stay at this hotel again. I booked a 2 week stay and checked out early. The staff customer service was poor, water was dripping in my shower from a vent whenever someone above me showered waking me up in the middle of the night, air conditioning did not get very cool, water did not get very hot, my room would not be cleaned some days and it was extremely difficult to get someone to clean, we had to beg for enough towels so that each in my family of 4 could have a towel and some days they even said that they ran out of towels. Speaking to management did not improve the situation. As a Hilton Diamond member, we have always had the option to trade points for a full breakfast but at this hotel, we were only given an unappealing continental breakfast.

Room Tip: choose another hotel
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Joe J, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

Good Evening Johnny B,

Thank you for being a loyal Hilton HHonors Member. I do apologize for what sounds to be a service level far below that on which we pride ouselves & would like the opportunity to make it right. Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience (614)2284600.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Hotel was clean and very comfortable. Room was very spacious and quiet. Free Internet access. Nice flat screen TVs with all the popular channels. Even had the NFL Network. I would definitely stay there again. You do have to park in the Paid garage which can be a negative. However there are a few parking meters on the street which may serve your needs.

Hey there WilliamAllen C,

Thanks for the feedback, we hope to see you again when your back in Columbus.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

I know that there were several negative reviews about this hotel, but I had a family reunion there during the Jazz and BBQ festival weekend, and this was a unexpected surprise of the room. It spacious and fit like a small apartment. The staff was quite helpful, especially when I needed to get apple juice for my very constipated toddler after midnight! It is very expensive for my tastes, but for the discount of the family reunion and the nice furnishing of the rooms, it was worth it. I so loved the comfortable feathered comforter and the TVs in the bedroom and living room areas. The clock, however, you can't set the time, but only two settings of alarms. I had to call maintenance to have the clock set at the right time, but that took no time for him to unscrew and set it. I have never been at a hotel where you can't change the time of the clock! LOL!! It's in the middle of everything and not too far from convenient places like Wal-mart and Ooddles Chinese (which was absolutely delicious). Plus, it's just 10 minutes from the airport. I quite enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Lazealtrice H,

We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us & thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We hope to see you again during next year's festival if not sooner.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

PLUS: Easily accessible from interstate . . . efficient staff . . . WONDERFULLY comfortable beds . . . beautiful view of downtown . . . very nicely furnished . . . walking distance from venue. MINUS: A bit "pricey".

Henry K,

Thanks for allowing us to be your host hotel during your stay in Columbus & thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Staff members were responsive and friendly. First room had structural issues. Staff very kind to switch rooms. Second room smelled of smoke...moved again. Third room average. Patch of drywall in shower, filthy windows (exterior)

Hello Nicholas V,

Thank you for sharing you feedback with us & thanks for your patience while changing rooms.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

Little more than I wanted to pay per night but everything was sold out downtown and I was there for a wedding. Value to price I can see why. The room was fantastic, spacey, loved having a living room and mini fridge!

1  Thank DaveR527

DaveR,

Thanks for the feedback & sorry we missed your cookie. Please feel free to reach me at your earliest convenience at (614)2284600 so that we can send you a tin of our world famous DoubleTree Cookies.