Having stayed in many Hilton family properties over the course of my life, I have come to expect a certain standard from their hotels, especially from Hilton and Doubletree hotels. Despite many user reviews for this hotel, I booked a four night stay at the Doubletree in Columbus, OH and was sorely disappointed. In fact, I ended up checking out early and moving to another hotel. The hotel is an older property and in need of a major renovation, but I was also dismayed by the service.
1) Large room size - this is an all suite hotel, and the suites are quite large. This can be accommodating for large families.
2) The hotel has some nice views of the river.
1a) Rude service upon check-in. After a long flight, I was looking forward to a nice shower, but the front desk informed me that no rooms were ready at check-in and wouldn't be ready until many hours later. After I asked to speak to the manager, she "found" a room. Unpleasant service from the front desk and desk manager for the duration of check-in.
1b) No warm chocolate chip cookies available during check-in :(
2) I came down later to the front desk (there is NO concierge) to ask for directions as well as other visitor information, and the staff was most unhelpful.
3) The furniture is outdated and worn out, and the entire hotel could use a renovation. The bathroom was also not clean, and the shower had mildew.
4) Even though there is a bellhop/taxi/valet stand in front of the hotel, it was always vacant, so even though there were taxis in the area, we had to call them way in advance.
5) There is a fee for internet and parking. If you are going to charge us for parking, at least offer valet.
6) Location. We were told when booking that the Convention Center was only a short walk away. It's definitely more than "a short walk" away.
Overall, unless the hotel undergoes a major renovation and works on customer service, then I definitely will not return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the best hotels in downtown Columbus, renowned for its cookie, the DoubleTree Suites is the only all-suite hotel in Columbus, OH. Not many hotels in Columbus, Ohio offer access to so much! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Columbus Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Hotel Columbus
- Doubletree Columbus
- DoubleTree Suites By Hilton Hotel Columbus Downtown Ohio