Stayed there because it was 50 bucks and 10,000 HH points...and we got a corner suite...with a wet bar...and it was a Doubletree by HILTON...so on paper we were golden, right??? Well....not so much....the room and the view were beautiful...overlooking the river....awesome....room was huge...a full 1BR suite....but it was NOT clean and not taken care of and not up to Hilton and DT standards....our friends had to change rooms as their AC didn't work at all....ours worked but not super well..... the fridge at the wet bar was older...and something smelled behind it....but it didn't taint the room....so we lived with it because the place was full......HOUSEKEEPING WAS THE WORST WE HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED AT ANY MAJOR CHAIN PROPERTY ANYWHERE!!! (sorry for shouting, but you need to see that!!). Didn't empty the trash, didn't vacuum, took the extra towels we requested at check-in and didn't replace them....didn't re-supply the coffee service.....they did NOTHING right the whole time we were there....and the common areas were grungy and unkept as well......staff was cool....but they dropped the ball on our pre-checkin requests....the breakfast buffet was good..and it WAS NOT FREE....so it wasn't that horrible free breakfast experience.....the property sits on top of the ramp garage...so you have to take 1 elevator from the ramp to the lobby,,,,and a different one up to your floor...a MAJOR HASSLE with all your stuff....and they charge 19 bucks a day for the parking....what a rip-off especially on the weekend when the ramp is empty.....the location is cool....you can walk down to the riverwalk where there are benches and swings...and 2 blocks to Gay Street where there are restaurants and bars and shops.....we will NEVER stay there again....no matter what....next time we will try the Hampton Inn next to the market...the market is way cool and there are a bunch of restaurants and bars right across the street from it...FYI...we complained to Hilton and the hotel and they gave me (a gold member) 10,000 points back....but they gave my friend (a platinum member) 10,000 points AND 50 bucks,,,and they wouldn't respond to my e-mails when I asked them why the difference....HH is getting less beneficial every year.....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the best hotels in downtown Columbus, renowned for its cookie, the DoubleTree Suites is the only all-suite hotel in Columbus, OH. Not many hotels in Columbus, Ohio offer access to so much! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Columbus Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Hotel Columbus
- Doubletree Columbus
- DoubleTree Suites By Hilton Hotel Columbus Downtown Ohio