“Excellent property, better than most other DoubleTrees”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Columbus Downtown
Ranked #65 of 146 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed September 21, 2013

This is a supreme DoubleTree property, better than most. My room was a very large suite - one large living room, plus one large bedroom, with views overlooking the river, the bridge, and the State Supreme Court building - a very scenic view. The rooms were well appointed and extremely comfortable. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Write a ReviewReviews (1,284)

Reviewed September 19, 2013

This hotel needs a deep cleaning. It is not up to Hilton standards. The location is great, the room size was above average but it just was more area to not clean. I know they are in the process of updating the rooms,but wow. The lobby mens room was a disaster for our entire 3 night stay. We changed rooms due to toilet and air-conditioning issues. both rooms under moderate examination showed things that I would not expect to find in a Hilton property

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2013

It is unfortunate that I have to write this review because I have stayed at this location in the past and enjoyed it. But my recent stay at the Doubletree Columbus was very, very disappointing.

First, when I arrived the air conditioning was not working properly for two days and it was nearly impossible to sleep comfortably. The first morning went to take a shower, I looked at the shower curtain and there was mold (see photo). Also, the water coming out of the sink was so white it looked like milk, which I found to be a little gross. To top it off, they turned off the water for many hours each day and didn't notify guests until they were already asleep the night before.

I found the staff and management to be poorly trained and unsympathetic. They promised to make things right by refunding me part of my stay or by giving me HHonors points. I received neither.

When the general manager, Joseph Jones, contacted me he seemed uninterested in helping me in this regard. Overall, it was just a dreadful stay and this property needs an awful lot of help.

I cannot recommend staying here.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Downtown Columbus, a great downtown. Interesting buildings, clean, laid back on weekends. Bed was very comfortable. Breakfast omelet hit the spot. Convention center and brewery district is a quick walk away.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Our reservation was confirmed with confirmation received via email, but our room was NOT held upon our arrival at 4pm, claiming our reservation had been cancelled without notification or warning. I did not cancel. Te desk clerk, was unfriendly, completely unsympathetic and was not helpful. She basically said we were out of luck. We asked for the General Manager, who made the best of the situation, but still without a good explanation for why our room was cancelled. We were forced to fit four people into one room, where the pullout couch was uncomfortable and an air mattress was used for an extra bed. The A/C cooling system did not work properly and the room was very warm, which I reported the next morning.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 9, 2013

The Hotel is centrally located in downtown Columbus. It is currently undergoing renovations. The new rooms are nice and comfortable. Rooms have nice work area, and come with a safe large enough to accommodate a laptop.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 7, 2013

The location of this hotel isn't near much without having to walk at least 15 minutes in any direction. However the rooms are quite spacious and would comfortably sleep 4-6 travelers. I've stayed here numerous times over the past couple years while traveling for business and the only issue I've encountered was a slow shower drain. There are currently renovations going on so I don't know how much the rooms have improved, but they were quite worn and dated up until May 2013.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business