Having worked in Columbus for close to 8 months, this was the closest hotel to the work site. This was the primary reason for selecting the DoubleTree, as the other approved hotels meant a further walk to the work site.
The Hotel has a number of issues that they need to deal with. The cleanliness of the rooms was often hit and miss. There were some weeks I had a clean room, but more often than not, the room was tired and dirty. For example, there would be hair on the bathroom counter, and the carpet look like you should keep your shoes on at all times. There were often items missing from the room that I would need to request from the hotel/front desk (ie: luggage stand, Towels, Lamps, etc). The delivery of these items was always done, but certainly not in an expeditious manner.
The rooms themselves are huge ! Since it is an all Suite hotel, there is a huge living area with table, chairs, and a mini-bar sized fridge. 2 TVs in each room and most of the times, I had a comfortable King bed. And often the front desk staff would tell me the upgraded me to a River View. That would be the rooms that don't face directly into the court house building. But for some of these River View rooms, the seal on the windows would be gone and the entire window is fogged, making that River View pretty much useless.
Some of my stays, the rooms did have an odor of smoking, even though I was in Non-Smoking rooms.
The bathroom was not in proportion to the room size, as the bathrooms were quite small. The bathrooms frequently had issues, most notably the drain on the tub. I would notify the front desk of this, they would tell me they put a note in for maintenance, but it would never be resolved before I would leave at the end of the week.
I have status will Hilton, and was provided a complimentary breakfast in the restaurant. Its a hot and cold buffet, and albeit its not bad as far as buffets go, it was only average at best.
On some occasions I had a vehicle. Parking in the hotel is awkward, as the parking floors are below the hotel. So the lobby of the hotel is actually on the 7th floor, with 6 floors of parkade. So regardless of how you entered the hotel you would have to ride an elevator to get to the lobby level.
The staff seemed very friendly, well at least to me, because they would see me, week in and week out over a period of 8 months. So they were very accommodating to my requests. So I didn't have any issues with them.
I did on one occasion, have questions and comments to the hotel manager, and sent an email. I never had any response to my email. Which I thought was poor considering my length of stay at the hotel and my status with the chain.
Overall its a decent place to stay. However if issues with the cleanliness bother you, then you may want to look further afield.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the best hotels in downtown Columbus, renowned for its cookie, the DoubleTree Suites is the only all-suite hotel in Columbus, OH. Not many hotels in Columbus, Ohio offer access to so much! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Columbus Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Hotel Columbus
- Doubletree Columbus
- DoubleTree Suites By Hilton Hotel Columbus Downtown Ohio