DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Columbus Downtown
Ranked #53 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed October 26, 2012

The 2-Room Riverview suite on the 9th floor was EXCEPTIONAL!!! The light next to the bed didn't work but the beautiful view more than made up for it. I was surprised that the hotel staff was unaware of a sold out Annual Marathon for the benefit of the areas largest Children's Hospital but, not everyone is in to fitness ; - )

Room Tip: Upper floor FACING the river ( I believe they were even numbered rooms but not ALL the even numbered...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Robert K, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Thank you for your review. We review all postings with our staff and talk about all issues and all the thing people enjoy. I will look into the staff member who did not know about the Marathon. We try to inform our staff of events happening around the city. I am very happy you enjoyed your river view suite. It dose have a great view and I recommended coming back around the holidays when the city dose an incredible job lighting up the streets. We hope you will be back soon and if there is anything else you would like to talk about please reach out to me at the hotel.

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Columbus Downtown

Reviewed October 22, 2012

This is a two-star hotel masquerading as something nicer.

I'm saying that as a road-warrior who spends 50-ish nights in hotels yearly.

During a 2 night stay, nothing was quite right; the entire hotel WiFi & back-end computer systems went out for 3 hours one night - housekeeping simply did not service the room at all one day, the front desk people were somewhat surly - the 'guest help' line was never answered (just rang and rang), and overaly, it was just a very meh experience.

The one plus; the rooms are large, I'll say that.

Next time I'll pick any number of other options in town over this hotel.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a river-facing room on a high floor, not blocked by the tall building next door.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your review. We review all postings with our staff and I will make sure our housekeeping manager gets a copy of this to review with the person assigned your room. I would like to get more information from you about the room and the dates so if you would be so kind as to contact me when you can I would appreciate it. I am deeply sorry about the internet. I know we had a few days where it went down and we worked as hard as we could with the internet company to get it fixed and up for our guest. I understand as a season traveler how important internet is and we want our guest to have it at all times. I would like to talk more about these matters and thank you again for your review.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Our recent 5-day stay at the hotel was great. The location was very convenient and the river view was wonderful. Our suite was clean and comfortable. The staff was attentive, helpful, and pleasant. The temperature could be a little unpredictable, but it wasn't too big an issue. We had a block of 30 rooms, and although there may have been a few problems, we heard that they were resolved satisfactory. We are very happy that we chose this hotel for our event and would definitely return.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view
Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MJ102012

Thank you for your review. As Director of Sales I am very happy to hear a group block had a great stay. It is our goal to have every guest have a problem free experience but when one dose happen, it is great to hear it was resolved. If there is anything else that you need please feel free to contact me. I will share your review with our staff.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

The location of the hotel makes it ideal for visits to COSI (3 blocks), the Capital (2 Block), or even the Convention Center (about 6 blocks). I stayed here during a convention and walked back and forth to the convention center and COSI. The check in was fast, the room was excellent. The Hilton Honors program got breakfast and wifi included with the room. Although you enter at street level, there is just an elevator that you take to the 5th floor lobby check in. From there there are 10 floors of rooms, so you are really away from street noise even on the "10th floor". Breakfast buffet was standard fare, but with eggs, sausage, bacon, potatoes, french toast, fruit and rolls, plenty enough. Only downside, the curtains are not black out thick, so they allowed more light than full curtains would have.

Room Tip: I would go for a high floor as it gets a better view, and more away from street noise.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Wonderful location, very convenient walking distance to the Arena District, Convention Center and Brewery District. The property itself was pretty with great river views on one side of the hotel. The room was spotless and the staff knew there were 3 of us staying in the room so we always had plenty of extra towels.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a river view if possible.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I was shocked by the quality of this hotel. My sheets had holes in them and so did the towels. The bathroom tub was dirty and most of the pillows looked gray instead of white. The room looks like its from 1975 but with a flat screen. The location is great but my stay was super unpleasant.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Robert K, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Hello

I wanted to write you about your review and your stay with our hotel. I am sorry for the things that you experienced as this is not the standard of our hotel. We want all of our guest to enjoy their stay with us and to want to come back. I would like to talk to you more about this and get some information about it so we can correct it and make sure it never happens again. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Stayed here a few days on business. Have been here before. Courteous folks at reception desk and house keeping, also at the bar. Hotel room was clean.Plenty of room. TVs great! Bathroom was a little dated. Lots of places to eat in walking distance.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Terry

Thank you for your review. The hotel is happy that you enjoyed your time and that you found great places to eat within walking distance. We hope you will return soon and that you will find it just as nice. Please feel free to contact me next time you are in town.