“A wonderful hotel, staff, clean & wonderful when you are away from home working a travel show..Just Great!!!”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Columbus Downtown
Ranked #65 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed January 26, 2012

When you work in the travel industry you travel & see many hotel chains. Double Tree Columbus @ Front St. is one of my favorites...Warm welcome, great room, comfortable bed, very clean, nice staff and I feel very safe while I'm starying there...Always my "Go To" hotel when on a business trip..

Room Tip: Ask for the river view...beautiful at night..
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Tom S, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2012

Thank you for staying with us and writing the nice feedback about our hotel. I am happy that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We appreciate your business and the review! Tom

Write a ReviewReviews (1,263)

Reviewed January 26, 2012

We were very happy with our stay and room at this hotel. The rooms are all suites. The breakfast sandwich was very good at the restaurant on property.

Room Tip: We were on the top floor with a view of the river. We were at the end, it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business

Thank you very much for the nice feedback about your recent stay at the Doubletree Suites by Hilton Downtown Columbus. We appreciate hearing the feedback.....Tom

Reviewed January 25, 2012

I had a stress-free business trip to Columbus and this was a great hotel.

Room Tip: I did not have any problems with the room.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for the nice feedback about our hotel during your recent business trip. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon! Tom

Reviewed January 21, 2012

I stayed at this Doubletree prior to an argument before the Ohio Supreme Court which is located across the street. The King suite was huge with a large living room, large separate bedroom and large bathroom. There were 2 42" flat panel tv's, refrigerator, microwave and coffee station, with a separate sink. Staff was friendly and helpful. Only problem I had was parking in the wrong garage, as the entrance to the connected garage was around the corner from the main entrance, and the garage nearest the entrance was not connected directly to the hotel. The room had everything I needed including a large desk. Room service breakfast was timely delivered and good quality. I was provided complimentary internet as hilton honors member.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Tom S, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2012

Thank you for reviewing the Doubletree Suites by Hilton and we do apprceate the nice comments. I am sorry that the parking garage was a bit confusing for you. I hope that you will stay with us again on your next trip to Columbus and thanks again....Tom

Reviewed January 19, 2012

I was here on a business trip for 5 nights because of the location of the hotel decided to make my reservation at this hotel. I arrived late on Sunday because of flight delays but Amanda at front desk had everything ready to go, made the check in process quick and easy. Since me being new in Columbus the front desk was very helpful Amanda & Neelam helped me at choosing the right places to visit and told me about the hidden gems of the town. The staff is the biggest asset of this hotel after ending my trip it makes me feel as if the staff was the reason why my stay was incredibly amazing.

Room Tip: I would prefer a room with river-view, which would provide a great view of the Olentangy River.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for writing such nice comments about your stay at the Doubletree Suites by Hilton downtown Columbus! I was really pleased to see that Amanda and Neelam made you feel at home. Our staff is our strength and hope to see you again when you visit Columbus.

Reviewed January 18, 2012

I expected more of the Doubletree Guest Suites in terms of the room furnishings. I was disappointed that the furniture looked old and worn which immediately feel like I was in a place that was less than 3 stars. The layout of the room is very spacious with a kitchenette that includes a mini-fridge, microwave and sink. That is a nice feature and made the room feel more comfortable like home. Since the rooms are suites there is also a separate sitting room with a desk, TV and sofa (possibly a pull out). The room service was reasonably priced in my opinion and the staff was very friendly. So though I expected better furnishings the overall experience was fine. I definitely would have given an overall rating of "Very Good" if the furniture was in better shape.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo

Thank you very much for the comments about your visit to the Doubletree Suites by Hilton downtown Columbus. I am glad that our staff made your stay enjoyable. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Columbus. Tom

Reviewed January 17, 2012

If you are in the area for business, theater or COSI it's a great location. The hotel was comfortable and clean. The suites are so spAcious. Bed and pillows were comfy. Pull out couch NOT so comfy. Mini kitchen with micro and frig were great and the housekeeping was very generous with whatever amenities we needed :) overall excellent stay. Only negative not alot of restaurant/store options especially on the weekend this is a business district.

• Stayed: January 2012
Tom S, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2012

Thank you so much for the nice feedback on the Doubletree Suites by Hilton Columbus. We are glad that you enjoyed your visit and hope to see you again on a future trip to Columbus. Tom