“Exceeded Expectations!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Exceeded Expectations!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Stayed here one weeknight before an OSU Tour. Check-In was fast, efficient, accommodating and friendly honoring our request of a high floor (4th floor is highest) on a quieter side of the hotel. (The front of the hotel is actually more quiet as a train runs behind the hotel.) The lobby was clean and modern. Staff super. The rooms were spacious, modern and clean. No complaints on noise here but for a new hotel while the bed linens were great the mattress was soft & lumpy (no heavenly bed here) & the towels were thin & cheap. The complimentary breakfast in the lobby looked great (we passed) but it was crowded & seating limited at the 8am time we were there for coffee. Free wifi was a bonus. All in all this hotel is just minutes from OSU and very clean & modern & friendly. We'll be back!

Room Tip: Top floor (4) on front side of hotel.
    • 5 of 5 stars
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbus OSU, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
CompassionMomma,
Thank you your review and kind comments about our great hotel and wonderful staff. We’re happy to have had you as our guest while visiting OSU, and we’re glad you enjoyed your stay. Your feedback is important to us so we appreciate hearing from you. We look forward to seeing you on your return visit with us at SpringHill Suites Columbus OSU.

Kind regards,
Al Schreiber, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Cleveland, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Stayed here with my family for a softball tournament. The staff was very friendly and competent. The rooms were large, bright and very clean. Location was great. Very close to the OSU campus. Would be a great place to stay for a football game.

• 5 of 5 stars
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbus OSU, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
FamilyTravels09,
We appreciate you and your family staying with us at SpringHill Suites Columbus OSU while in town for a softball tournament. We’re glad you enjoyed our great location, friendly staff, as well as our clean and spacious accommodations during your visit. Please plan to visit us again for another family trip or an upcoming OSU football game. Thank you once again for writing.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We usually stay in pretty high end hotels but we wanted to be really close to the house of some friends we were visiting and opted for this hotel. We were pleasantly surprised!! We've never stayed at Springhill properties before but I would return to this one and consider others if I had too.

We liked the layout of the room with the separate water closet and separate shower room and sink. The room was really modern even though the sofa was sort of low end looking it provided plenty of comfort and room for us to relax. I sat at the desk a lot while we were there and it was well appointed and laid out. The bed and pillows were just AWFUL!!! We were there for 4 nights and every morning we woke up saying we had slept horribly and that the bed was like a bumpy rack and pillows just flattened the minute your head hit them! But other than that the accommodations were good.

My partner ate in the breakfast area (I did not). He said it was decent but the food didn't look anything like the pictures that were in the elevators or in the pictures we saw online. But he enjoyed getting up and reading the paper and sat there for 90 minutes or so each morning having his coffee. So not a big deal overall. There was a Bob Evans right next door so I always wanted to eat there!

The staff was really nice and always were around to help if we needed anything. I requested extra towels a couple of times during our stay and they brought them up very quickly each time I asked for them.

Overall I would stay there again but we would hope the beds would be more comfortable than the king sized bed we were in during this stay.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the railroad tracks! We were right along the tracks and heard the rumbl...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbus OSU, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
scottyhouston,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us at SpringHill Suites Columbus OSU. I’m pleased to hear we exceeded your expectations with our spacious accommodations and friendly staff. We appreciate your feedback on opportunities for improvement and apologize for the areas that we fell short of meeting your expectations. We enjoyed having you as our guest and hope you’ll visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Mount Tamborine, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I had a room on the 4th floor on the side of the hotel. The room was modern, clean and generally nice and all the bathroom fittings look brand new. There is a train track at the rear of the hotel and I heard the trains at intervals through the night. The room tariff included breakfast which was available on the entrance level in a large bar/sitting area. It was nice to have plenty of space and tables to choose from. The breakfast fare was ok, not outstanding, but at least it wasn't an additional cost. The hotel is about 1 mile from OSU and the medical centre so it is possible to walk (it is flat all the way) but is some distance from the downtown area. There didn't seem to be an airport shuttle for the hotel so it was a $30 taxi ride instead.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbus OSU, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Bandicoot2,
We appreciate you writing a review and sharing your experience with us at SpringHill Suites Columbus. We’re glad you enjoyed your stay and our clean accommodations. We sincerely apologize for the noise you encountered from the train. We value you as our guest and hope you’ll have an opportunity to visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

New Philadelphia, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We were in town for a softball tournament. I know that there were other events going on and the hotel was totally booked. Despite this, it was still very quiet and did not seem like there was a full house. All the staff we ran into were very friendly and helpful. I did notice an employee carrying clean linens and they were wearing plastic gloves while doing so! So I felt very confident in the cleanliness of everything. We had a king suite with a sofa bed. We did not use the sofa bed. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. The fridge and microwave were very nice and worked well. There were plenty of usable outlets in the room. I loved that there was a separate toilet and sink area in addition to the shower area. This is very nice when you have multiple people getting ready. There is no tub. It is a very nice and spacious standing shower with a large rain shower head. The only negative is the lighting in the bathrooms is not that great especially for putting on makeup.
There is a complementary hot breakfast which was nice. The eggs were kind of questionable though. They tasted artificial and looked like cubes of yellow play-dough:) Plenty other items to choose from though. The only constructive criticism I could give is they could do better at dumping trash in the kitchen area and on each floor. It was overflowing by the elevators on our floor, and at breakfast, there were gnats flying around it.
This hotel is only about 5 minutes from OSU, and Fred Beekman Park where we were playing.
I would definitely stay here again! Avoid parking on the side of the hotel where the gas station is if you can. I guy approached us from were he was parked at the gas station and said his car was broken into and he needed help with gas to get back home. He was sketchy and his story was sketchy, and we just said we could not help and left quickly. There is additional parking in the back which the hotel staff told us about. This hotel is kind of pricey but I think it was worth it.

Andert01,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us at SpringHill Suites Columbus OSU. We’re happy to have had you as our guest while in town for a softball tournament. It is fantastic to receive your compliments regarding the cleanliness of our hotel, our friendly staff, and the amenities that we’re proud to offer our guests. We appreciate your feedback on opportunities for improving our guest experience. We enjoyed having you as our guest and hope you’ll visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Al Schreiber
Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We drove down to Ohio from Michigan to get a puppy from a breeder. We decided to make it an overnight trip and settled on the Springhill Suites OSU. The area is busy, plenty of shopping and restaurants nearby. It is very close to the OSU campus if you are visiting for that purpose. The price was decent for the accommodations.

Check in was painless. We got a room on the second floor. Room was clean and modern-looking. I loved the huge flat screen TV. I was a little surprised at the size, because I have been to other Springhill Suites and their rooms were larger. It was everything we needed though, so I was not too disappointed. The beds were not as comfortable as other Springhill Suites or hotels in the Marriott chain. One of the main reasons I stick with the Marriott brand is because of the comfort of the beds and sheets. This hotel did not have as quality beds and linens as what I am used to. Not the worst, but certainly far from other Marriotts.

The pool is teeny tiny and there is no hot tub. I did not like the fact that the pool room had floor to ceiling windows that faced the parking lot. No privacy, so I did not use it. Work out room was on the small size, but had nice new machines. The lobby was big and comfortable.

One of the highlights of our stay was the small lobby bar. Our server was a very nice young lady who was a pleasure to talk with. The bar had a good selection of local bottled beer, popular brands as well as premium liquor. The prices were not too bad, either. There was also a large flat screen TV, if you feel like vegging out during your nightcap.

I cannot comment on noise from the train, we were facing the road and were not disturbed by anything outside. The air conditioner was a little loud, but it helps me sleep, so I was fine with it. I found no bugs, stains, or anything else unpleasant. The toilet was extremely loud when it was flushed, so if others in the room are sleeping, it may wake them!

I was happy with our stay, but what prevents this hotel from being a 4 out of 5 is the not-so-comfortable beds and sheets. A minor detail, but for me, given my expectation from past Marriott experiences, it was enough to knock a point off.

Room Tip: Ask for a "river view" room if you are afraid the noise from the train may disturb you.
adrixia,
Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us at SpringHill Suites Columbus. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed our clean accommodations and found the friendly atmosphere of our lobby bar to be a highlight to your stay. We appreciate your feedback and sincerely apologize for the areas we fell short of meeting your expectations. Your valuable comments provide opportunities for improving our guest satisfaction. We value you as our guest and hope you’ll visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My staying was very disappointed at this hotel. There are two bad things about this hotel.

First, the rear hotel by the train tracks. In the front of the hotel is a major road. If you already book this hotel I will suggest you should request for the third floor or second floor room in the front would be less noisy. Never take the room in the rear or on the fourth floor. It's noisy and you will be wondering what is that noise at 12:30 a.m.

Second, I found two bugs in the room. One live bug and one dead bug. I made a complained to the front desk staff, supervisor, supervisor escalated to his manager. They apologized about the bug in the room. They said these bugs came from outside and they are harmless. In addition, it's very common to find these bugs in Columbus, Ohio. How can you stay with a bug in the hotel room? This hotel never have exterminator to inspect yearly or bi-yearly. It is unacceptable. I requested for a room changed but they said only an accessible room is available. I did not take the accessible room in case someone is needed. I asked if I can get a two queens bed and got refused due to I paid my room at $89 per night through Priceline only can get a king size bed. They don't like customers purchase room through Priceline. They will treat you differently which is bad.

Room Tip: There are many better hotels in Columbus, OH. If you have no luck like me. Paid for the hotel then...
    • 1 of 5 stars
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbus OSU, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Qgirla,
Thank you for your review. I’m sorry to hear about the unfortunate experience you had and sincerely apologize that your stay with us was not a satisfying one. Your feedback is important to us. Please know we take any issues of pests extremely seriously and have taken extra steps in addition to our monthly pest control treatments inorder to provide a more positive experience. We appreciate your business and value you as our guest. We hope you'll give us another chance the next time you travel to Columbus. Thank you again for writing.