WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #36 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Chicago, Illinois
“Great OSU location.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

If you are looking for a hotel that is located near campus and local restaurants and shops look no further. This hotel is very clean and comfortable. The suites are nicely appointed and have everything you need for a short or long stay. The staff is very friendly and take care of your every need. Very nice fitness room with everything you need from machines to free weights. The breakfast is friendly for just about everyone as they have a large selection that contains alot of healthy choices. I would stay here again in a heart beat.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbus OSU, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
cweld5,
Thank you for writing a review and letting us know of your pleasant stay with us. We're glad you liked our hotel and found our staff friendly and helpful. Please make plans to visit us again. We look forward to your next visit.
Al Schreiber, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

We stayed for a long weekend to visit family. The location was clean and very near OSU campus. Wifi signal was excellent. Breakfast had decent variety. Our daughter had left her bear in the sheets that were taken to the laundry. The staff looked for it and unfortunately couldn't find it before we left. However, they called a few days later when they found it and offered to ship it to us.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbus OSU, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
merf05,
Thank you for taking a moment and writing a review about your stay with us at SpringHill Suites OSU. We're glad you chose to stay with us while visiting family, and we're pleased you and your family had a nice visit. I'm glad we found the bear and safely returned him to its owner! He must have wanted to stay a little longer and enjoy our hotel as well. Please visit us again. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Al Schreiber, General Manager
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

Springhill Suites met my expectations in terms of cleanliness and comfort but there were two major drawbacks. First, we chose this place because there was an indoor pool and my children wanted to swim. That evening we were told the pool was broken but would reopen the next morning. No such luck, so no swimming on this trip. The second issue was the layout of the room. The tub/shower is separate from the toilet, which is fine, but there was absolutely no privacy. When someone was in the restroom, you could not only hear everything, but see them through the frosted, sliding (no lock) door. This would be awkward for a romantic getaway.

The breakfast provided variety and was free, so this helped the rating! Also, the location was very convenient for visiting OSU campus.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbus OSU, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Highexpectation,
Thank you for taking a moment and writing a review about your stay with us at SpringHill Suites. I'm glad you liked our hotel and found our location convenient for your visit to OSU. Please accept my warmest apology for our pool being temporarily out of commission during your visit. I can just imagine how disappointed the kids must have been, and I can only hope that their other adventures with you made up for the lost time in the pool. We hope you'll have another opportunity to visit us the next time you're in Columbus. The pool will be open!
Al Schreiber
salt lake city
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed here for one night while visiting family, including our niece and nephew who are attending OSU. The hotel is new and clean. Only drawback is that the doors to the bathroom and shower in the room do not block light at night. A bit disruptive in the middle of the night to have the whole room illuminated. Pretty decent freebie breakfast in the am. Nice firepit outside for enjoying a cocktail. Fantastic location for visiting OSU!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbus OSU, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
olgabs,

Thank you for writing a review and letting us know of your great visit with us at SpringHill Suites Columbus OSU. We're glad you chose to stay with us and enjoyed your visit. I apologize for the lighting you mentioned. This is designed for safety but I understand your comments. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast as well as the outdoor fire pit. I hope you were able to enjoy your family as well as relax and enjoy our great town. Please come and see us again soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

A very nice hotel, lots of space, excellent service, very clean room and bathroom, excellent workspace in my room, great wifi and wired Internet service... Overall a truly excellent hotel, would highly recommend it to anyone who needs to stay near the Ohio State campus

• Stayed October 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbus OSU, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
v-rage,
We're very pleased to hear from you and learn of your pleasant stay with us. I'm glad you liked our hotel and found our service excellent. I hope you had time to visit our great city of Columbus and enjoy all that it has to offer. We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to seeing you again.
Troy, MI
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

We stayed here last month and are still upset about the visit. This does not seem to be in the best part of town and security here did not seem up to par. It is located near a large public university and the neighborhoods nearby are filled with varying degrees of students, singles, homeless, and run down townhomes.

As stated by others on here, no ID was required when asking for a duplicate room key. I was simply asked my name and immediately given a key to my room. After that incident, decided to leave a few items of clothing and an old watch I had in my car in the room when I checked out, to see if we would be contacted about our possessions... and to date, no one has ever called, so the housekeepers must have stolen them (or thrown them in the garbage).

Also, we were overcharged for our stay with added fees. Noticed this on my credit card statement a week later and had to call in. They would have kept the extra money if I had not called. Not a very cool way to run a business, when you try to thieve from the guests.

On the plus side, the room was very clean and well lit, although the bathroom was broken up in to two separate rooms which made it awkward to shower and have to use the toilet. I do not understand this other than maybe space, as the room was small, but well appointed. Hall noise was very audible as well, but luckily it did not seem overly occupied. And the breakfast buffet was decent, although it would have been nice if there was an attendant available when items ran out.

Not the best place I have ever been, and definitely not the worst. This location appears to be a balance between very clean, and unsafe.

Room Tip: Do not leave any items behind, they will be lost forever.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
MGoBlueBoy,

Thank you for your review. We value your business and appreciate you choosing to stay with us at SpringHill Suites. I'm glad you found your suite to be clean and well appointed. It is our policy to ask our guests for proper identification when issuing a duplicate key. It is also our policy to issue credit when credit is due. Our guests have the responsibility to review their bills while onsite and work with our staff to make any necessary corrections needed. I'm glad to hear that your situation was properly taken care of as I assure you no mistakes in billing are ever intentional. We are located in a safe community surrounded by a very active university setting. We are a clean and safe hotel. If your travels bring you back to the Columbus area, we hope you will consider another visit.
Jacksonville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

We were in town for an Ohio State Football game (as were all guests is seemed:) My husband and I are OSU alumni and we brought our kids to their first game. 15 minute walk to stadium, super clean, convenient shuttle to nearby shops and restaurants, wendys, bob evens and tim hortons all right next door, SUPER friendly staff and bar in the lobby....what more can I say?! In addition to the game, this was a chance for my husband to visit us. He is ii the Marine Corps and away at school for a year. My only complaint is that he arrived late at night so I left him a key at the front desk. When he picked it up, they did not ask to see his ID. I would have preferred they had. Minor issue.........I HIGHLY suggest this hotel if you want to be near campus for game day or any other reason.

Room Tip: avoid the first floor on a game weekend...lobby can get loud.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbus OSU, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Kkgump,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us at SpringHill Suites. We’re glad you and your family stayed with us while attending the OSU game, and pleased you enjoyed your visit. I’m glad you liked our SUPER friendly staff as well. I apologize for the ID check. It is our policy to ALWAYS check ID so I will make sure to reinforce our policies with the team. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon. Go Bucks!