“EXCELLENT facility - very affordable”

SpringHill Suites Columbus OSU
Ranked #38 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Indianapoliis
“EXCELLENT facility - very affordable”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We were attending a concert at the Schottenstein Center at OSU and needed an affordable hotel for just one night. I found several less expensive hotels around the area on hotels.com, but when reviewing the comments from others on Trip Advisor, I was leery. So, I chose Springhill Suites (sight unseen) and could not have been happier! The location is AMAZING!! It was convenient, clean, modern, full service...great value! I see others did not prefer the room layout...I loved it! I love having the commode separate from the shower! The fitness facility (for a hotel this size) is well above average. I would definitely recommend this for families, couples, business...all types of travelers.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Indyirongirl
ConcordHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbus OSU, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
Indyirongirl,
Thanks so much for your review – we couldn’t be more thrilled to have such a nice recommendation. I am glad that you had an enjoyable experience. I will be sure to pass along all of your comments to our staff.

Thanks again,
Al Schreiber, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Colorado Springs, CO
Reviewed April 15, 2012

My coworkers and I decided to stay here on our first night in town for a business trip due to the proximity to bars and restaurants we were interested in. The staff was genuinely friendly and the hotel was beautiful. Clean and modern is my best description. Loved the set up of the rooms. The breakfast the next day was fabulous and continously restocked. Loved sitting out on the patio with a glass of wine to unwind. We all agreed we would have liked to stay here the entire trip instead of moving hotels, our next experience was not nearly this nice.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank MrsH1983
ConcordHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbus OSU, responded to this review, April 17, 2012
MrsH1983,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel and for recommending us. I will pass along all of your comments to our team during our next weekly meeting. We look forward to seeing you again!

Winston-Salem, NC
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Our family likes SpringHill Suites in general, as they are of good quality and usually clean. I was glad when I found this one close to OSU campus, as we were doing a campus visit. What we found when we arrived was a brand new beautiful (dare I say zen like) facility. Very modern and eco friendly feeling hotel. The room was equally impressive, again very modern and eco friendly feeling, we found it so very comfortable, clean and spacious. Great work area for my computer, free internet, great shower and a great night sleep. Oh, and the breakfast seemed to be a step above what other SpringHills offer. Not a buffet or anything, but good choices. They even have a bar in the lobby in the evening. We also used the fitness room and pool. They are also new and very nice. I'd highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbus OSU, responded to this review, April 9, 2012
Bobjrcomptree,
Thank you so much for your review and recommendation! We appreciate hearing from you and are glad to know you enjoyed your stay and the level of service we provide. We look forward to seeing you next time you’re in Ohio.

Yours truly,
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 2, 2012

I would not stay here again! The service is great and the room was very clean, however the layout of the room is not what we expected! Your home typical bathroom is split into 2 closet type spaces. In 1 you'll find a shower and a sink and the other toilet with a sink. The are no doors or selling fan, just the stained glass sliding dividers. Every nose that a person makes in the bathroom was heard loud and clear in the entire room. My 10 year old daughter stated: "mommy I feel like I sleep in the toilet room".

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank minols
ConcordHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbus OSU, responded to this review, April 5, 2012
Minols,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. All feedback is valuable to us so that we can perfect our guests’ experiences. I apologize you did not like the way the room is arranged. Again, thank you for your feedback and I hope this experience does not deter you from staying with SpringHill Suites in the future.

Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed March 29, 2012

First good this regarding this hotel is all rooms are suites. The rooms have 2 queens or a king. Room ammenities include wrap around couch, large work area, Refigerator, coffee maker. the room also has two totally private restroom with sink and mirror and a shower room with sink and mirror.The hjotel has a clean pool, workout area with two new Life Fitness Elipticals, two new Life Fitness Treadmills, a couple of adjustable benches and dumb bells to 50 pounds. Other than some confusion at the front desk with a room charge all personnel were courteous. Everything is clean and nice. However, the hotel is new so it would be expected. Although I will be staying at this hotel a couple more times this year, the hotel is a main hotel near OSU. I wait to see whether or not it's maintained and how it compares in a year from now.

Room Tip: All rooms are the same with exception of bed size or quantity.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
MarinaJack,
Thank you for your review! We’re so glad you enjoy staying with us; we greatly appreciate your business and taking the time to share your comments.
Thanks for choosing the Springhill Suites Columbus/OSU for your travel needs and we look forward to being of service the next time you are in the area!

Yours truly,
Olney, Maryland
Reviewed March 14, 2012

A nicely designed hotel very close to OSU and stores and restaurants all around. The staff was excellent. The manager spent 10-15 minutes patiently listened to a Marriott Rewards elite member who believed he was being wronged by the corporation...and then thoughtfully explained the pricing for the wines in their pantry. Excellent, personalized stay, with a modern ultra-clean room. Having a small bathroom separate from the shower area (in a different room) is a very nice touch, especially if you're favorite other or kids are there with you.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbus OSU, responded to this review, March 19, 2012
bagnato1,
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed February 20, 2012

OK, on the plus side: New hotel, nice staff, pool and workout facility and complimentary breakfast. The BIG negative? the active train track is literally 25 yards behind the hotel. We were in room 345, the end room closest to the track - shook the entire room at 2:30, 5:00 and 8:30am. When the staff asked me their obligatory question upon checkout: "How was your stay??", I responded with: "This is an observation, not specifically a complaint... The train felt like it was literally in our room"... "Sorry", they said... Other than that, it's a nice new hotel. Since our daughter is at OSU, we'll probably give this one more try / another time with another room - preferably facing Olentangy River Road

Room Tip: Do NOT choose a room ending in "45" (145, 245, 345), etc. Ask to be on the main road (eas...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MarkandBetsy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus/OSU
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus University Area - OSU
Courtyard Columbus OSU
Courtyard Columbus OSU
#1 of 1 in Grandview Heights

Been to SpringHill Suites Columbus OSU? Share your experiences!