All reviewspool areacinnamon rollspancake makerhot tubpull out sofatwo queen bedsthe breakfast areahotel experiencestayed for one nightyogurtfree breakfastfront desk clerkhot breakfastbusiness centerpolariszooroomy
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Stayed in a whirlpool suite. Jets were too few and very weak. Most hotels that we have stayed at with an in-room whirlpool work much better. Did have plenty of hot water.

Room very clean and well appointed. Large 5' shower in bath was also very nice and roomy for a change.

We did not use the swimming pool or hot tub, but the facility was very impressive for a hotel, more like a water park.

Bed was very firm, a little too firm for me.

Overall, we enjoyed the hotel and would stay again, I would just not pay the extra for the whirlpool.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus-Polaris Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2014

Dear steve a,

Thank you for staying with us and for writing a candid review about our property. We’re glad that you enjoyed our large, clean rooms and amenities. I also appreciate the high scores given for location and service. On the other hand, your feedback regarding the in-room whirlpool has been taken note of and will be used to focus on enhancements. You comments are very important to us as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed May 19, 2014

We went here for a fun little getaway for my sons 8th grade class trip. When we came in the two associates at the front desk were very friendly. The boys were so excited as soon as they stepped in the front door. The hotel atmosphere is very clean and the boys said it had a "futuristic" look to it. So we were very impressed with the hotel itself. Then you add in the INCREDIBLE SERVICE by pretty much EVERY SINGLE EMPLOYEE that I came in contact with. The one who impressed me so much was Myleen. She was incredibly friendly, she was very helpful and was very patient and kind to us. My boys are vegetarian and we only saw ham omlettes. I explained this to Myleen and she was so helpful and she made us the egg and cheese ones. In this day in age, especially when it's a "complimentary" breakfast people typically are not as cheerful and helpful. And that's not the only one who was friendly. I went to the front desk and Susan was very sweet too. And as we were talking the hotel manager came by, Thomas. I explained how friendly everyone had been. I'm telling you, I've been to many hotels and you'll find one person whose nice but again....EVERY PERSON was incredible. Even our housekeeper Carolyn was super sweet. I will definitely be coming back to this hotel. I can not say enough about it. If I could give them a 10 I would!!!! But a big Thank you to Myleen...she started my day off right and we were all so thankful for her helpfulness.

• Stayed: May 2014
Donna S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus-Polaris Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

Thanks so much for choosing to stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express Polaris. We appreciate you taking the time to give us great review and the 5 Star rating. We are excited that we met your expectations in all aspects of your stay. I will share the comments with the staff so they know how they are doing as well. We hope you come back and visit us again while in the Columbus area. We are always waiting on you.

Reviewed May 18, 2014

A clean, well managed, comfortable hotel- well situated near Polaris shopping and restaurants- excellent pool for swimming enthusiasts, 60' lap lanes.- great breakfast. Front desk staff and breakfast restaurant manager Mylene, make everyone feel welcome. Highly recommend this hotel- don't believe you'll be disappointed.

Room Tip: Rooms do not have scenic views, due to location near Polaris mall and highways, -- top floors give provide nicer views of the mall.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Thanks for choosing to stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express Polaris. We are excited that we met your expectations during your recent stay. We also love the 5 Star Rating you gave us. I will share your comments with the staff so they know how they are doing as well. Thanks for noting us as a Winner. We appreciate you for noticing our efforts. Come back and visit us again when staying in the Columbus area. We are always waiting on you.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

We only stayed here for one night, but liked it a lot. They gave us a huge suite, with very nice furniture. Great beds and pillows. Very good breakfast. Their staff is so efficient and helpful! This is a great place to stay when visiting Columbus.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Donna S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus-Polaris Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2014

Thanks for choosing to stay with us at the beautiful Holiday Inn Express Polaris. We are happy that your overall experience was great and we met and exceeded your expectations. We appreciate all our guests, as everyone is VIP with us. Thanks for taking the time to let us know how we did and for the 4 Star rating. We look forward to serving you again when you visit the Columbus area. We appreciate you.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

We were there for a soccer tournament and had prepaid for tickets to the Columbus Crew game that weekend. Our son was injured in one of his games and was going to be unable to attend the Columbus Crew game. When we asked the hotel staff if there was a place we could rent a wheelchair so that our son could still go to the Columbus Crew game, they went above and beyond our expectations. There was a gentlemen at the front desk by the name of Alex who made my son's weekend fabulous. Alex picked up the phone and located a wheelchair at a sister hotel. He drove all the way there, brought it back, repaired it, and cleaned it up for us to use for the weekend. We tried to tip Alex, but he would not take our money. The only thing he asked for in return was that we leave a good review and that our son enjoy his first MLS soccer game.

Also, our first game on Sunday morning was going to be before the hotel breakfast started. When the staff found this out, they jumped into action. They said they couldn't let our kids walk out the door to play soccer on an empty stomach. The started bringing breakfast out for the kids and parents to eat before they left.

We also had a little one teething and having a hard time sleeping at night. We peeled and sliced an apple for the baby to suck on to sooth his gums and asked them if they could place it in a freezer. They did this right away and told us to just let them know whenever we needed a slice and they would get it however many times we needed.

It means a lot to know that they cared about our kids as much as we do. It is so hard now a days to find such a caring staff that also seems to care for each other like family. They were all very friendly and caring. Thank you so much!! I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Thanks so much for the great feedback and the 5 Star rating. We are always happy to do whatever it takes to serve the needs of our guests. You are always VIP when staying with us. I will share your comments with the staff so they know how they are doing as well. Come and visit us again when in the Columbus area. We are waiting on you.