Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus-Polaris Parkway
Ranked #41 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Chicago, Illinois
“Very nice”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I am a Platinum member and stay at Holiday Inn express hotels fairly exclusively.

Pros:
Large room
Big TV
Plenty of channels
Comfortable bed
Very modern furniture including in the bathroom
Good breakfast selection
Larger than average gym
Many connections for devices
Typical price vs comparable hotels

Cons:
None

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Donna S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus-Polaris Parkway, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Thanks for being a Platinum Rewards Member. Awesome feedback! We are happy that we fulfilled your expectations during your recent stay with us. That means a great deal to the entire staff at the Holiday Inn Express Polaris. We love it when our guests find that home away from home place. We will share your comments with the staff so they know how they are doing also. Thanks for choosing to stay with us. We Appreciate You!
Donna Selby

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here overnight being in town for a rodeo. The location is perfect. Just 10-15 min north of down town. Right off I71. The Polaris/Gemini Place exits are very nice. Plenty of shopping with the mall and Cabelas close by and alot of restaurants. The hotel was very nice. Everything was clean. The staff were very friendly. Breakfast in the morning was very good. They had lots of options. Swimming pool was available but we didnt use it. I would definately recommend this place to anyone. You wont be disappointed.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Donna S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus-Polaris Parkway, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
WOW! Thanks for your awesome comments regarding your recent stay with us. We love hearing that we exceeded all of your expectations during your stay. I will most certainly share your comments with the staff so they know how they are doing. Come back and visit soon.
We are waiting on you.
Iowa
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Loved this hotel! Holiday Inn Express is our "go-to" chain when we are out of town and this one proved that once again, HI Express is fantastic. The people were super sweet, the room and hotel lobby were spotless, the kids loved the pool/slides. I am in LOVE! Loved the modern decor and the convenience to shopping, restaurants, interstate and our family. I HIGHLY recommend!

1 Thank klmalcolm
Donna S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus-Polaris Parkway, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Awesome! Thanks for sharing about your experience. We are happy to hear we showed off and left you with our WOW Factor. We love to hear that we met your expectations. We love our guest at the Holiday Inn Express Polaris. So, hurry back and don't wait to long. We are waiting on you.
Grand Blanc, Michigan
Reviewed January 9, 2014

This hotel is in a great location north of downtown Columbus. Easy access to freeways, directly off of main corridor of restaurants and shopping centers, free parking and internet, comp breakfast, less expensive night stay, big rooms with big beds, and a pool area that will knock your socks off -- especially for the kids! The hotel is new and decorated very modern; front desk staff were friendly and helpful. Only complaint -- we were in a suite and killed several bugs over our three-day stay. Maybe cause it was cold out? No worries -- everything else was wonderful, and we wouldn't hesitate to stay here again!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
WOW! Awesome to hear that we met your expectations during your recent stay with us. We are happy that we enjoyed the spacious rooms and the wonderful beds. We love it when our guest enjoy their stay with us, after all it is your home away from home. I will share your comments with the staff so they know how they are doing. We have had a terrible time with the outside bugs wanting to stay smart too. Sorry about them pests. Come back and see us again soon. We will always be waiting on you.
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

Beginning to end i really had no complaints. I read reviews looked at pics, the usual. Honestly, the staff was friendly, rooms were cleaner than most, breakfast was great (crowded but it was the weekend), the only minor complaint I had was the pool area was more geared towards children. That's it tho. I would go back.. I would recommend it. (Obviously enough to a review on it). However. Next time. I won't do the executive businessy room. Ill do the king whirlpool since the hot tub was pretty crowded.

Oh a side note *pretty much the best sleep I've gotten in a whole soo wherever that mattress was from A+ guys.

• Stayed January 2014
Donna S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus-Polaris Parkway, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Great to hear that we met your expectations during your recent stay with us. We love hearing back from our guests as this is how we can better serve each guests needs. We are excited to hear that from check in to check out everything was great. And you are right the pool area is a huge hit with kids of all ages. So, come back and visit us soon. We are waiting on you.
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel a total of five times on business. Due to my experience the last time I will not be staying here again. When I checked in I was told the room I reserved (and already had paid for) was not avail so they gave me another one that would be less per night. I guess thats hotel language for a cheaper room. It was not up to par on any level. The first room I went in had the heating unit taken apart and parts all over the floor. When I called the front desk they actually asked what I wanted to do. When the manager on duty came up he actually was acting like it was a problem for him and never apologized for the issue. Then the room he took me to was at end of hall just across from housekeeping so I had the great pleasure of hearing them go in and out all the time. It had a musty smell and its my guess it had not been cleaned in some time based on dust in bathroom. To end it all when I went to check out I asked had my room rate been adjusted and of course it had not been. Overall the hotel and amenities have only ever been a three but now to add poor service I must say you can do better! I have told my Controller to take this hotel off our list of approved hotels for our organization. To anyone considering this one please know there are a ton of other hotels in the area, I would recommend looking elsewhere you can do better.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Donna S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus-Polaris Parkway, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
First of all, thank you for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so if you could contact me at the hotel I would like to discuss your experience and find a solution that would be beneficial to you. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Columbus Ohio.
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed January 4, 2014

This was our first time at the Holiday Inn Express for the Christmas holiday. I had a very bad experience. I've ask several times to change our sheets to our room - had left a note and put it on top of the pillow so they can see it and spoke to desk clerk guy, he said he will let them know about it. It was never done. I have very sensitive skin!!!! Poor housekeeping!!!!!! I would never go back. As much money we spent at this hotel, it was not worth the stay!!!! We will be going back to Best Western when they are done with their remodeling.

But I would like to comment about the Breakfast section. She's (Mylene) very pleasant and friendly. She would always greet you when you come in the room and ask you if you need anything. She's the best!!!

2 Thank EStone17
Donna S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus-Polaris Parkway, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Thanks for your feedback as this is how we can improve our service for our guest. I'm sorry to hear that your experience was bad regarding your recent stay with us. If you would like to contact me during business hours I would like to speak to you regarding your experience. Thanks for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Express Polaris. We appreciate you.