$99
$103
$114
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $131/night.

$81
ComfortInn
$163
$159
Hyatt.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $186/night.

Candlewood Suites Polaris(Columbus)(Great Value!)
$94
$177
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $205/night.

$145
$132
  • Restaurant
Best Western Suites(Columbus)(Great Value!)
$81
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $92/night.

All reviewspool areacinnamon rollslap lanespancake makerhot tubpull out sofatwo queen bedsthe breakfast areastayed for one nightoatmealwould stay againfront desk clerkfree breakfasthot breakfastbusiness centerpolariszoo
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I travel for work between Cleveland and Columbus. I often leave Cleveland late afternoon or early evening for my drive down I-71 to Columbus. I recently discovered this NEW Holiday Inn Express just off Polaris Parkway exit on the north side of Columbus. It is FANTASTIC value for this area - the property is VERY SAFE, WELL MAINTAINED, CLEAN, FRIENDLY STAFF, GREAT BREAKFAST AREA, LOTS of DINING OPTIONS NEAR BY. A VERY NICE SURPRISE!

It also has a nice workout facility, heated in-door pool, and office center (for business travelers). EASY access to I-71 and I-270 - therefore EASY access to anywhere in Columbus!

MY NEW FAVORITE!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank OhioGals
Donna S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus-Polaris Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2018

Reviewed October 6, 2012

This was a nice place for a one night stay. My daughter and I were looking at Ohio State University and found this a reasonably priced and clean hotel. The bed was VERY comfy, nice shower, hot, good water pressure too. The complimentary breakfast was also very nice. Mylene and Ingrid, the ladies who run the food area were absolutely lovely! Friendly and helpful! They even have an AUTOMATIC pancake maker- how cool is that? push a button and it pre-measures out batter, and a minute later, 2 pancakes come out. The taste was very good. The usual food, cinnabon-type rolls, cereal, sausage, yogurt, bananas, pancakes etc. I would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mimi68Canfield

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Stayed with my wife and daughter on a Wednesday-Friday in September. First, the good:

Parking was plentiful and convenient to the building. Breakfast had very good variety, including made-to-order pancakes, and a rotating hot breakfast selection. Fitness center appeared well equipped. Common areas were very nicely decorated in modern decor. Room included a refrigerator (NOT mini-bar), microwave, and wet bar sink. Maid service was of very high quality, and virtually invisible. We left our room each morning between 9 & 10am, and returned by 2pm to a made-up room with hospital corners on the beds

Location is great, just off I-71, with back-road access to Gemini Pkwy and into the Polaris shopping center. Plenty of great restaurants and activities nearby, including the zoo, which was easily accessible and a major reason for our trip.

Overall our stay was fine, but we took note of a few ways in which obvious details were missed that take an "excellent" down to "acceptable":

1) The hotel is non-smoking, yet there is a designated smoking area not 3 feet from the main lobby doors, meaning every time you enter or exit the hotel you are greeted with the smell of cigarette smoke.

2) The hotel pool aims to be this fabulous mini-water park. And it DID have a lot of features -- bucket sprays, two water slide (one for the little tykes, which was a nice touch), and a lazy river with splash zones. And yet, other than the lap pool, it was hard to find a place to be in the pool WITHOUT getting water sprayed in your face. Depends on what you're after, I guess. But despite the very warm and humid air in the pool area, the water was quite cold (felt like in the 60's); our daughter started shivering within just a few moments, so we never really did get to enjoy the pool.

3) Our room was advertised as a "suite", with "separate" living area. However, there is no separation at all between the seating area (which consisted of a couch and a desk) and the sleeping area. Calling this room a "suite" is somewhat like calling my 1350 sq ft home an "estate". Caveat emptor.

4) The breakfast crew was still mesmerized by their pancake maker, to the point of giving tours of it to any guest that would listen. It was kind of amusing, actually, if not the most professional.

5) A minor note, but on first arrival, it took a few minutes (literally) for the desk clerk to come back to the desk. I'm sure this was for legitimate reason, but it made for an odd first impression.

Overall, I think this has the potential to be a great property, and I would even consider returning here when in the Columbus area. I would recommend that the hotel update their descriptions (to include photos) of the different room types, in order to avoid confusion, as well as address the near-entrance smoking area and monitor the pool temperature. Taken together, these would make a good stay great!

Room Tip: If you want a two-room suite, talk directly with the hotel to ensure you get what you want. Understand that these only come in kings with a pull-out couch. My understanding is these are located on the higher floors.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank kaadaq

Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

Great location and a great experience for kids without having to spend the money at a Great Wolf Lodge! The indoor waterpark is amazing. The breakfast was beyond my expectations and the rooms were large and updated. Will be staying here more often.

• Stayed: September 2012

Reviewed September 11, 2012

We spend two nights here with our three children. Great area of town with shopping and tons of restaurants nearby. The hotel was one of the cleanest I've stayed in. Cool, modern decor. Very friendly staff. The free continental breakfast was very good. The indoor pool was more than just a regular hotel pool -- it had 2 lap lanes, 2 small slides, some sprayers, a small basketball net -- just enough to entertain my kids. Not too far from the Columbus Zoo or COSI Science Museum. Great hotel -- would definitely recommend and will be returning next year.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family