Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus-Polaris Parkway
Ranked #40 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Canton, Michigan
“great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

We went to the zoo and had made no reservations. Took our two granddaughters and they
wanted a hotel with a pool. Not only did they have a pool but a mini waterpark . The girls had
a great time. The breakfast buffet was really good too. The staff was friendly and nice.

1 Thank Ron M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Charlotte
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

The hotel is nice and updated. We enjoyed the pool area. It wasn't that busy so you could relax. Only negative thing was that we went down for breakfast at 9 am and only thing out were some bisquits, gravy, and one cinnamon roll. I thought breakfast wasn't over til 9:30? That was disappointing. We stay at Holiday Inn Expresses because of the convenience of continental breakfast. We stayed here before we flew out and the location was good. Shopping and lots of restaurants close by.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stayed at this Holiday Inn Express & Suites this past weekend with my two small children. I strongly recommend this property to anyone wishing to stay in the Polaris area. We were in town visiting family and paying a visit to the awesome Columbus Zoo. Upon arrival, I was greeted and checked in by a very friendly desk clerk. She was very pleasant and friendly. The hotel is immaculate. I honestly couldn't find one thing out of place or a speck of dirt...or hair....anywhere. Just a beautiful, new hotel. The pool area is fantastic for the kids. I loved how it was open until 11pm. Nice chairs and tables and ample fresh towels in the pool. Our room was nice and large. The bathroom was roomy with good water pressure and a massaging shower head. Clean, clean, clean..probably the cleanest hotel bathroom that I have ever come across. I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. The beds were really comfortable. We went down the next morning for breakfast and this is where my one and only complaint comes from. No fresh fruit available. I asked the clerk and was told that they were all out and expecting a "shipment" on Monday. This was Saturday, and I would think that someone would run on down to the grocery store and purchase some fresh fruit for the guests on the weekend. Other than that the breakfast area was nice, roomy, clean and the worker there was friendly and accomodating otherwise.
All around a great stay. We will return and definately would recommend to anyone.

Warren, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

I was very impressed by the sleek modern decor of this hotel. The bed and pillows were comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was hot and tasty. There were lots of families with kids, but I wasn't disturbed by noise.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Owensboro
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

My husband and I stayed here after me looking all day on internet for a hotel I could relax at after tests all day at Cleveland Clinic. The pool got me here. The hotel was very nice, very good breakfast and friendly staff until something goes wrong. Child had accident in pool so couldn't swim. Got on internet and got knocked off after about 30 min. Still no internet next morning. They would not compensate us because that is their policy. Manager and desk clerk sat outside and smoked at night, no one behind desk. Only stay if everything goes right other than that run. Other nice hotels close by. Will never stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kchrist389
bkinnear, Management Company Representative at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus-Polaris Parkway, responded to this review, August 26, 2012
Dear Reviewer,
While we always appreciate and welcome feedback on our hotel, both positive and negative, I would like to respectfully inquire as to whether you may have chosen the wrong hotel/location to review. You mention chosing us due to our proximity to the Cleveland Clinic. This hotel is located in Columbus, Ohio and we do not have a Cleveland Clinic hospital located in our city.
I welcome you to contact me directly through the hotel, if you did mean to actually review our location. If these issues did occur at our hotel, I would like to speak with you about them.
Best Regards,
Betsy Kinnear
Ashville, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

I just have to say the property was very nice. Everything was clean and well kept and the rooms were fantasitc. We booked the largest 2 room King Suite and it was wonderful. The mini kitchen will full sized fridge and microwave were very useful. Housekeeping staff was friendly and responsive. We actually went for the pool and water area for our kids. They absolutely loved it! I have to say what made everything perfect was the incredible staff they have working there. Everyone was great but I have to specifically mention Alex and Khristel the evening reception staff. My husband and I both brought laptops but had a connectivity issue without the ethernet cable. Alex went above and beyond and found us another cable to use!! Khristel at the front desk also went out of her way to assist us any time we needed anything. I have to mention they do offer a very nice breakfast in the morning, typical continental offerings but the attendant MYLENE is a incredible worker!! I hope her bosses appreciate the effort she gives. She knew my name and my girls names by the end of breakfast the first morning. She ran around smiling and assisting guests and was so pleasant. She took time to show my girls how the pancake machine worked and they loved her. If it is stressful trying to replenish a breakfast area and deal with grumpy guests in the morning, you would never know it from her cheerful disposition! When you stay there you will spot her smile immediately!! My family and I can't wait to go back. If I could give more than 5 stars I would!! Thank you all for a fantastic stay!

Room Tip: If you have kids, the 2 room suite is a great value. Seperate room for the parents and a pullout for...
1 Thank bonnie b
Defiance, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

We liked this hotel very much and would definitely stay here again. Our king room was very clean and the bathroom was awesome - huge shower with glass doors and rain showerhead and above surface sink. The whole decor was ultra modern - all clean lines and in black, gray, and fushia. We had a friendly staff, very helpful. The hotel's location is wonderful, just off I-71 and close to all kinds of restaurants and shopping. We used the business room which had two computers, but did not have a chance to use the pool; however, it looked very nice. The breakfast was eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, cinnamon rolls, cereal, etc. No fresh fruit of any kind - we missed that. But the area was large and clean and well-stocked. I would have no problem recommending this hotel!

1 Thank dikline