“Wonderful evening”
Review of The Wine Bistro

The Wine Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
The Wine Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #206 of 2,291 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Rt 23 and Highbluffs
Description: The Wine Bistro serves and sells a wide variety of wines for all tastes and budgets. We serve by the glass or bottle to share at the table. Our kitchen offers an assortment of flatbreads, entrees, soups, cheeses, desserts, pastas and small plates to enjoy as a meal or to pair with your wine. Drop in for lunch. Visit us after work for a glass of wine. Come with friends for dinner or a tasting flight. Ask about our private "Reserve Room" for larger special events.
Reviewed April 21, 2014

This was my 1st visit to the Wine Bistro, I met 3 of my old college roommates for wine and dinner. I liked the decor and atmosphere, and was surprised with the menu, more selection and variety than I expected. The wine selection was very good, the service was very good and my meal was very good. I would recommend the Wine Bistro.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Was in from out of town for two nights and by myself. I chose this place due to the proximity of my hotel and was extremely happy with my choice and in fact I was so pleased I went back the second night. I was able to sit out outside on the patio both nights which was a great area. My service was wonderful. The waiter attentive, pleasant and extremely helpful. I had a great bottle of a Barolo the first night with the Lobster and shrimp fettucine, roasted corn and asparagus as my entre. It was excellent! The second night I had a cheese tray, with the prosciutto/peas over fusilli with two glasses of different white wines that my waiter suggested. All of this was excellent also. I highly recommend this place!

Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

I had beef tips with risotto and carrots. The beef melted in my mouth. The risotto had a wonderful depth of flavor. Even the carrots were good & I don't like carrots! The service was spectacular & the atmosphere great! I will go back soon! I highly recommend dining here.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

We went with a large group for a wine tasting event and it was superb. They did an excellent job of paring the delicious wines with great little plates. They were not skimpy on the tastes either. When I drank my taste, someone gave me more. Really liked the herb popcorn.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

This is actually my 2nd dining experience at a Wine Bistro in Columbus (the other was in UA) and unfortunately, it was even less impressive than the 1st. We made reservations for a party of 6 on a Saturday night... and here's how the evening unfolded...

Service (D+) - this rating includes not only our server, but overall attentiveness of the staff. Upon arriving, I stood at the hostess stand for no less than 10 minutes before I was greeted. I also happened to be the only person standing at the hostess stand. While I ultimately thanked for my "patience", it was very disappointing. The rest of our service was also subpar: 1) it took well over an hour for our soup and salad to arrive after we ordered and at no point did our waitress, who was nice and pleasant, give us an update; 2) no mention was made of the corkage fee at first (it wasn't until the 2nd bottle was ordered that we were informed); 3) empty water glasses were attended to during the first hour of our meal, then somehow vaporized during the second hour... The good faith effort of bringing us two free desserts for a table of six was thoughtful but much too little too late.

Food (C) - My wife ordered the bistro salad and the crab cakes entree and I ordered the strawberry salad and the lobster/shrimp fettuccine. My wife's food was prepared well, even though it took forever for the salad to arrive (crab cakes showed up 10 minutes later)... My salad was very poorly dressed (wasn't even sure if there was dressing) and the portion of diced strawberries might have totaled one whole strawberry. When I finally met my entree, the noodles were undercooked, some pieces of the seafood were cold and some were warm, and at the end of the day, I felt like someone had put a Michelina's frozen dinner on my plate and charged me $16 for it. The free chocolate dessert was quite delicious...

Ambiance (A) - It's lively with nice decor. It's got a warm and homey feeling to it.

Other items:
- I would not recommend this restaurant and it's extremely unlikely that I'll ever return for dinner. I might go back just to drink wine. There are plenty of other places in Columbus that you can go for better food, similar ambiance and a plentiful wine selection.
- There was a private party in the adjacent larger room. It seemed like the entire staff held the party in higher priority. My recommendation to the GM would be to not accept reservations or at least caution your diners if there's a large party going on. It was obvious that the kitchen could not keep up.
- It was nice that the staff did apologize for our experience on the way out the door. But why apologize at that point?...

1  Thank liu374