“My Favorite Guilty Pleasure”

Dirty Frank's Hot Dog Palace
Ranked #43 of 2,322 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: It's listed on Google Maps.
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I have been a fan of Dirty Franks for many years and have had dogs at both of their locations. I just took my nephew last week and he loved the place so much that he was asking to come back the next week before we left the place. I try to have something different every time I am there but I love the Ohioana dog, Seoul dog and Fire on The Rhine. I love all the spicy toppings. I also love the slushies with hot sauce. I love that they make something so simple as a hotdog, fun and fancy. These dogs are also just really good. A place that takes one of my favorite past times of hot dogs and tater-tots and dresses it all up to feel more adult, is alright with me. It is also a cheap meal. The ambiance is laid back yet colorful. It is pretty much a bar atmosphere but children are welcomed.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

I am very grateful that this restaurant exists - I was at a conference a few blocks away and most of the other dining options in the area close early or over-charge you. Dirty Frank's is different - the staff was very friendly and helpful, the food was delicious, and it was great value for the price. I liked it so much that I went back twice! I would highly recommend this place if you like hot dogs or are in the area and want evidence that not all of downtown Columbus closes at 6 pm.

2  Thank Ben H
Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

Well I'm glad I don't love closer to this establishment as I'm sure if be grossly over-weight. I had the "puff the magic popper" and it was phenomenal. Jalapeños were fresh and crisp. The cheese fries were mouthwatering, made from fresh cut fries. Great decor, great staff. Will definitely stop by next time we're in Columbus!

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Stopped by here on my way to Dayton. Unbelieveable selection of hot dogs. Although I wanted to try the fresh cut fries, my friend suggested the tater tots. As did the waitress. They were excellent. I had two of the Texas Tommy dogs and they were delicious. We went on a Thursday night and were seated immediately. The waitress was a little on the slow and inattentive side, but the food more than made up for it. Will definately go back!

Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch when in Columbus for work. I had the Chicago dog and hand cut fries. The hot dog was good, but the fries were definitely the star. The interior of the restaurant was pretty cool - lots of unique artwork and the owners definitely appear to be baseball fans.