“What an interesting way to travel!”

Columbus Food Adventures
Ranked #1 of 24 Food & Drink in Columbus
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Columbus Food Adventures offers a variety of exciting and diverse itineraries for our exclusively small group tours (max 15 people). Some tours are conducted via our air-conditioned van, others are led on foot. Columbus Food Adventures currently offers 12 unique and delectable itineraries including a Short North walking tour, a German Village walking tour, a van tour of Columbus’s standout ethnic eateries, a van tour of the city’s famous taco truck scene and a dessert tour featuring some of the sweetest places in town. All tours visit 5 to 7 distinct locations, and every tour includes tastings at each stop (enough to replace one meal). We also offer private tours for 8+ people.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I went on the Alt Eats tour with my adult daughter. As the description said that the tour would leave promptly, we arrived early; my daughter even got off work early to be on time. Unfortunately, several others did not, so we started our tour quite late. Once we got started, though, the tour was fun and educational. We heard about the influences on the various cuisines as well as getting to taste them. Plenty of food, too. I had no idea what to expect from Somalian or Nigerian or Vietnamese fare. Now I know!

bethiawoolf, Owner at Columbus Food Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Thanks for your review, and our apologies for the late start to the tour. You're right, we do typically leave on time (and alert tour participants accordingly), but we made an exception at the beginning of your tour because the late party was a member of a regional tourism bureau who kept calling us saying 'I'm almost there!'.

Of course, none of the above should make the situation seem any less frustrating for you, so if you'd like to contact us directly through the email address on our website, we'd be happy to provide you with a discount for another tour.

Our apologies again, and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

We went on the Short North tour and had a great time! Booking tickets was easy/online. Our host was professional and informative. I have a gluten allergy and it was easily accommodated which was a pleasant surprise. We visited 7 places, most of which were new to me after living in Cbus for 6 years!! The only downside was we noticed there was very little protein/meat offered at the stops. Only 1 place provided a dish that includes meat which left us craving for more. We ended up going for early dinner appetizers about 2 hours after the tour ended.. Considering its $50 per person, you would want to be fully satisfied at the end though! Overall, awesome experience and will def try a tour again soon.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I cannot wait until our out of town buds visit again...they LOVE Columbus and we always make sure we take them somewhere cool. THIS is now HIGH on my list!

All of the stops were unique and amazing...even if you are NOT a dessert person! We have so many cool places to go in Columbus to eat sometimes ya never make it to dessert! WHAT have I been missing!

Andy's knowledge of food and things to do in Columbus is impressive, the choices on this tour were the TOP.

Still dreaming about Pistachio Macarons at Pistachio Vera, and the spicy chocolate brownie at Sugerdaddies, the much needed coffee at Brioso ,,,the Marry me Blueberry muffin at Pattycakes and the unbelievable sorbets at Jenis..only to finish with a newly invented yummy Cocktail at M! What a prefect afternoon!

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Today, I went to the Short North Columbus Food Adventures Tour. We began at the North Market and were able to sample a pretzel twist from Bretzel and clam chowders from the Fish Guys. Then, we continued our adventure to Knead for a yummy pancake with blueberries. From there we sampled chocolates at Le Chocoholique and a freshly made baguette at Eleni Cristina Bakery. Tasi cafe gave us a taste of delicious lentil soup and strawberry-banana jam on a baguette! Our next stop was Rigsby's for some bread sample and an amazing smoked salmon BLT sandwich with house chips! Lastly, we finished at the one and only Jeni's for the best ice cream around! Being an OSU student and traveling to the North Market and Short North area many weekends it was really nice to have a tour guide explain some of the history behind these locations and places along our walking tour. I would highly recommend this tour and I thoroughly enjoyed the variety of food throughout the tour from sweets to savory dishes! Our tour guide was very friendly and helpful in answering all questions.

1  Thank Brittany B
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Bethia and Andy will take you to places which you didn't know existed.
With extensive and fastidious research, they showed up a part of the city and its diverse cuisines which we had never experienced.
And, it was delicious!
We asked a million questions, and they had great answers to those, and even more knowledge of the overall food scene in Columbus.
The AltEats tour was our first, but certainly not our last.
A truly nice couple, and delightful to spend an evening food tour with.