“I LOVE!”

Columbus Food Adventures
Ranked #1 of 24 Food & Drink in Columbus
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Columbus Food Adventures offers a variety of exciting and diverse itineraries for our exclusively small group tours (max 15 people). Some tours are conducted via our air-conditioned van, others are led on foot. Columbus Food Adventures currently offers 12 unique and delectable itineraries including a Short North walking tour, a German Village walking tour, a van tour of Columbus’s standout ethnic eateries, a van tour of the city’s famous taco truck scene and a dessert tour featuring some of the sweetest places in town. All tours visit 5 to 7 distinct locations, and every tour includes tastings at each stop (enough to replace one meal). We also offer private tours for 8+ people.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed November 13, 2012

This is a MUST! It's a fun combination of food and history! I did the German Village Tour and I want to do them all now. I enjoyed this tour very much. I learned so much about the area and was impressed with the knowledge and stories the tour guide shared. The food was also very good most of the stops. It is a walking tour but I forgot I was walking because I was so into the history and architecture. I had already eatten at most of the places previously, but I discovered some places that weren't a part of the tour but part of the path we took to get to the stops on the tour. I can't wait to take the next tour.

All reviews
"los guachos"
in 7 reviews
"tacos"
in 12 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 16 reviews
"come hungry"

Reviewed October 24, 2012

My husband and I, along with our 13 year old, have done both the Dessert Tour and the Taco Truck Tour with Columbus Food Adventures. With Dessert, we enjoyed a range of topnotch treats and learned more about the craft and passion behind these local ventures. From elegant French pastry technique to inventive ice cream, this tour captures it all. With Taco, we sampled regional Latino fare with expert descriptions supplied by our guides. Although language barriers do exist between customers and operators, the universal languages of well prepared, delicious food and familial pride bridge any gaps. Our city is enriched by all of these cooks / chefs. Columbus Food Adventures introduces you to new friends and wraps you in sugar, spice and everything yummy. Go.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Last night we enjoyed a side of Columbus many never see and had great food along the way!

SInce we live in Columbus and enjoy its diverse and exciting food scene, we never thought we would need guidance in exporing the varied restaurants the city offers. As downtown residents (all the denizens of German VIllage consider their home to be in downtown Columbus) we find it uncommon to go further north than Fifth Avenue when looking for a place to eat.

We were delighted when good friends gave us the gift of the Alt Eats tour with Columbus Food Adventures, knowing we were in excellent hands with noted Columbus food bloggers and "good forks" Bethia Woolf and Andy Diaz who we know from Slow Food Columbus and columbustacotrucks.com.

We visited several restaurants and a Mexican bakery in the area of Columbus Square, This part of town has changed much in the last 15 years, attracting residents from many parts of the word who enrich our food scene so enjoyably.

I am not writing a restaurant review, so I will not wax on about the tasty dishes we enjoyed with 12 new friends. I can tell you that Bethia and Andy know their stuff and are able to relate it coherently and passionately. Their relationships with the owners and chefs of most Columbus food establishments is an asset they leverage for for the benefit of their guests. Their indepth appreciation of the food and cultures represented by the amazing diverse ploaces we visited added subatance and background to the food we ate.

This was a thoroughly enjoyable evening that opened our eyes to restaurants that have not usually been on our radar and but are now. It has a very approachable price point--we thought we got mcuh more than our money's worth last night--and a great opportunity to tap two great adventurers vast knowledge and enthusiasm about food and its culture context.

We hgihly recommmend this tour in particular but any of Columbus Food Adventures offerings..

Reviewed October 4, 2012

I took the "Walking Tour of the Short North Arts District." This walking tour is approximately 1.5 miles. During the tour, the guide tells you about the colorful history of the Short North neighborhood, We stopped at 7 eating establishments to sample some of their signature dishes & learn some of them their stories. This culinary tour is $50.00.It is enough food for a complete lunch, and an experienced guide with a wealth of local culinary knowledge. It ends at "Jeni’s" ice creams, featured on the Food Network’s “America’s Best Sweets.” The tour is limited to about 13 people.They also offer 5 or so other food tours. It was fun.

See more reviews
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I booked the Short North tour as a surprised date day with my husband...we live in Columbus but have not spent much time in the Short North area and it has changed so much over the past few years. We had taken a similar tour when visiting Toronto last fall...we had enjoyed that one so much I thought it would be fun to do another.

Debra was our tour guide and she was very knowledgable on the places we visited and the Short North in general. She pointed out unique murals that have been painted on some of the buildings.

I won't spoil the food surprises for others but everything was fantastic and we were stuffed by the end of the tour.

We will def book another one to learn more about the hidden gems in Columbus.