Sitting in a new property development the Hyatt Place is underwhelming from the first moment.
I was greeted by a front desk person who was busy and attended to me with a sigh. When she discovered that I had booked third party, Priceline, she almost laughed at me. I asked about certain questionable amenities, she replied, "You get what you get when you book third party."
The decor of this chain hotel is muted browns and beiges. Nothing to spark or tickle or thrill. The rooms are nice and spacious, towels Hyatt quality and thick. The bed was awesome comfortable. The only bad thing in the room was lighting. Tooo bright and no way to really tone it down to relax. My toilet seat was broken.
The complimentary Wi-Fi was awful. In and out the whole stay The network filter was set so high that I felt like I had turned into a societal menace since so many of my sites were blocked. When I tried to unblock through the system network help desk the response was that it would take 3-4 business days to get an answer. OMG!
The location is fantastic if you are working in the city and the parking is plentiful, sheltered and free. Fantastic.
The breakfast was served from 6:30 to 9 a.m. I went at 8:30. The skillet food, english muffin with egg and cheese was dried out and very unappealing. The set up in the room has the cups and plates in insets above the food, confusing before the first cup of coffee. The food for sale was outrageous.....a cesar salad for $10
Unwelcoming front desk arrival, weak wi-fi, broken toilet seat and unappealing breakfast wrapped in muted brown and beige. What a disappointment even for someone poor bloke like me who booked it on Priceline.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Place Columbus/ OSU is ideally situated just minutes from The Ohio State University, the Greater Columbus Convention Center, Arena District, Berliner Park and the wonderful cultural neighborhoods of Downtown Columbus. For the business traveler, Hyatt Place Columbus/OSU is within close proximity to Time Warner Cable, Battelle Memorial Institute, the Nationwide Insurance World Headquarters, AEP Ohio and the Ohio State Medical Center. Enjoy a day of shopping at the Short North Shops and Easton Towne Center or attend a live performance at the Lifestyle Community Pavilion. For the sports enthusiast, visit the Value City Arena, the Nationwide Arena or the Ohio Stadium, home to the Ohio State Buckeyes. Hyatt Place Columbus/ OSU also features 2,000 square feet of meeting room space, a gallery which offers an intimate coffee and wine café, a guest kitchen with freshly prepared snacks and entrees, and a daily complimentary A.M. Kitchen Skillet breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Hyatt Place Columbus/OSU reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Place Columbus/Osu Hotel Columbus
- Hyatt Place Columbus/OSU Ohio