Hyatt Place Columbus/OSU was a great place to stay. When we walked in we noticed a mild flowery scent and our room, 205 had a pine fresh scent. Neither of these scents bothered me though, and usually I am very sensitive to scents. Since I am a neat freak, I noticed right away that the room was very clean.
The staff was great - friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was yummy and sufficient -- eggs, sausage, boiled eggs, yogurt, oatmeal Greek yogurt fresh fruit (strawberries/blueberries during our stay.) The hotel also sits right next to the Buckeye Grill (which I think is a local favorite), and also Jason's Deli, which I think is the best place to find a good healthy meal for a great value. There is also free covered parking across the street (non-busy) from the hotel. If it fills up, which we did not experience, there is also parking on the street across from the hotel.
Some things that might bother some people: There is a train close-by. I didn't find it bothersome though, and I think it might not blow it's whistle after 9 p.m. Light sleepers might be bothered, but I am normally a light sleeper, and it didn't keep me awake. However, it might be prudent for light sleepers to request a room on the opposite side of the hotel from the RR tracks. Additionally, it has been said that the beds have a pillow top, but I don't think so, I think they have memory foam. If you are concerned about a soft bed, you might mention it to the front desk -- they might put you on the 6th floor, which was warm even with the air turned down (in August), but the beds were firmer. Finally, it is said that the hotel sits in a seedy area. There are a few industrial things nearby, but the area is not seedy. I felt totally safe there, and I am very cautious about where I stay. There are a handful of businesses adjacent to the hotel, and the whole business/hotel area is brick and very well kept.
Overall, our family of 4 was very pleased with our stay, and we would stay there again if we came to Columbus.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Place Columbus/ OSU is ideally situated just minutes from The Ohio State University, the Greater Columbus Convention Center, Arena District, Berliner Park and the wonderful cultural neighborhoods of Downtown Columbus. For the business traveler, Hyatt Place Columbus/OSU is within close proximity to Time Warner Cable, Battelle Memorial Institute, the Nationwide Insurance World Headquarters, AEP Ohio and the Ohio State Medical Center. Enjoy a day of shopping at the Short North Shops and Easton Towne Center or attend a live performance at the Lifestyle Community Pavilion. For the sports enthusiast, visit the Value City Arena, the Nationwide Arena or the Ohio Stadium, home to the Ohio State Buckeyes. Hyatt Place Columbus/ OSU also features 2,000 square feet of meeting room space, a gallery which offers an intimate coffee and wine café, a guest kitchen with freshly prepared snacks and entrees, and a daily complimentary A.M. Kitchen Skillet breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Ctrip TA, Hyatt Hotels Corporation and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt Place Columbus/OSU reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Place Columbus/Osu Hotel Columbus
- Hyatt Place Columbus/OSU Ohio