“Perfect place to stay”

Ranked #8 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Perfect place to stay”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Hyatt Place Columbus/OSU was a great place to stay. When we walked in we noticed a mild flowery scent and our room, 205 had a pine fresh scent. Neither of these scents bothered me though, and usually I am very sensitive to scents. Since I am a neat freak, I noticed right away that the room was very clean.

The staff was great - friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was yummy and sufficient -- eggs, sausage, boiled eggs, yogurt, oatmeal Greek yogurt fresh fruit (strawberries/blueberries during our stay.) The hotel also sits right next to the Buckeye Grill (which I think is a local favorite), and also Jason's Deli, which I think is the best place to find a good healthy meal for a great value. There is also free covered parking across the street (non-busy) from the hotel. If it fills up, which we did not experience, there is also parking on the street across from the hotel.

Some things that might bother some people: There is a train close-by. I didn't find it bothersome though, and I think it might not blow it's whistle after 9 p.m. Light sleepers might be bothered, but I am normally a light sleeper, and it didn't keep me awake. However, it might be prudent for light sleepers to request a room on the opposite side of the hotel from the RR tracks. Additionally, it has been said that the beds have a pillow top, but I don't think so, I think they have memory foam. If you are concerned about a soft bed, you might mention it to the front desk -- they might put you on the 6th floor, which was warm even with the air turned down (in August), but the beds were firmer. Finally, it is said that the hotel sits in a seedy area. There are a few industrial things nearby, but the area is not seedy. I felt totally safe there, and I am very cautious about where I stay. There are a handful of businesses adjacent to the hotel, and the whole business/hotel area is brick and very well kept.

Overall, our family of 4 was very pleased with our stay, and we would stay there again if we came to Columbus.

Room Tip: If you need anything, be sure to call the front desk. They will take care of it.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I've stayed here a couple of times now, while travelling to Columbus for business.

Each time, the rooms have been clean, comfortable and quiet.

The staff has been very friendly. Their breakfasts while standard hotel fare were good. The fruit was even fresh!

It's easy to find, as you can see it from the highway.

There are plenty of places to eat nearby if you so choose.

You are *VERY* close to OSU, which means there are places to go for night life in the area.

The pool was nice. The fitness area is bigger than most hotels that I've seen and was very well maintained.

All in all, I enjoy this hotel!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Raev
Hyattplaceosu, General Manager at Hyatt Place Columbus/OSU, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for your great review. I hope to talk with you on your next stay at the Hyatt Place Columbus/OSU
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Beautiful, new hotel near campus! The indoor pool was nice, but small. There was plenty of covered parking close to the hotel entrance. The breakfast was delicious and filled with many choices: French toast, English muffin egg and ham sandwiches, traditional oatmeal, waffles, and much more! The room was very clean and huge with a separate seating area with a sofa and bar area. Plus, the Buckeye Hall of Fame Grill adjacent to the property, but not owned by the hotel, was delicious!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying at the Hyatt Place Columbus/OSU. The Buckeye Hall of Fame Grill is also one of my favorite place to eat in Columbus. We love having it so close the hotel. Please let me know if there is ever anything that I can do inorder to make your stay more enjoyable.
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 16, 2013

This hotel is convenient to The Ohio State University with excellent customer service. It is quiet and comfortable with a delicious breakfast. Parking is easy with a full service restaurant right next door.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on one of the higher floors.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the great review. Hope to see you on your next trip to Columbus.
Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a game weekend. So, it was crowded but there was ample parking. The rooms are large enough for my whole family of 5! The breakfast was decent for my family. The only downside being that its too far from the stadium to walk. However, it was also nice to be a reasonable distance from the stadium when it came to all the tailgaters.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Lochall
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Excellent Hyatt Place in an excellent Columbus location - close to OSU and great bistro-style restaurants. Very friendly and helpful staff. It's just like the Hyatt Place commercials running right now!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Laurel L
Hello,

Thank you for staying with us. Im glad that you enjoyed the hotel and our great staff.

Best Regards,
Michael Holtzleiter
Madison, Mississippi
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I booked this hotel because I hav enjoyed stays at Hyatt place in other locations. I noticed this hotel was 3 miles from my conference so I called and was told they had a free shuttle that would take me and pick me up to any OSU location. Upon checkin I went to schedule the shuttle and was told it was out of service. I explained that this was the only reason I booked this hotel adn if I had known this I would have stayed within walking distance to the conference. At first I was told they could do nothing but call me a cab. Eventually ( though it took a little persistance and a call to the manager on my part) they did arrrange taxis and paid fare to and from each day. This hotel is clean and the rooms are large. all the rooms had a large (like 42-46 in flat screen), sitting area with sectional, desk, and minifridge. The negative is that it is kind-of remote and not much (just a Jason's Deli) within walking distance. The taxis were a bit pricy in the area too with it ranging from 10-12 for 3 miles.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Hyattplaceosu, General Manager at Hyatt Place Columbus/OSU, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Hello,

Thanks for staying with us. I appologize for the issue with the shuttle. We did have a major issue with the shuttle during your stay. If in the future you have any issues with your stay please feel free to reach out to me directly at 614-569-2910.

I hope to talk with at your next stay at the Hyatt Place Columbus/OSU.

Best Regards,