“Nice hotel near campus”

Hyatt Place Columbus/OSU
Ranked #8 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
“Nice hotel near campus”
Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a game weekend. So, it was crowded but there was ample parking. The rooms are large enough for my whole family of 5! The breakfast was decent for my family. The only downside being that its too far from the stadium to walk. However, it was also nice to be a reasonable distance from the stadium when it came to all the tailgaters.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Lochall

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Excellent Hyatt Place in an excellent Columbus location - close to OSU and great bistro-style restaurants. Very friendly and helpful staff. It's just like the Hyatt Place commercials running right now!

1 Thank Laurel L
Hyattplaceosu, General Manager at Hyatt Place Columbus/OSU, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for staying with us. Im glad that you enjoyed the hotel and our great staff.

Madison, Mississippi
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I booked this hotel because I hav enjoyed stays at Hyatt place in other locations. I noticed this hotel was 3 miles from my conference so I called and was told they had a free shuttle that would take me and pick me up to any OSU location. Upon checkin I went to schedule the shuttle and was told it was out of service. I explained that this was the only reason I booked this hotel adn if I had known this I would have stayed within walking distance to the conference. At first I was told they could do nothing but call me a cab. Eventually ( though it took a little persistance and a call to the manager on my part) they did arrrange taxis and paid fare to and from each day. This hotel is clean and the rooms are large. all the rooms had a large (like 42-46 in flat screen), sitting area with sectional, desk, and minifridge. The negative is that it is kind-of remote and not much (just a Jason's Deli) within walking distance. The taxis were a bit pricy in the area too with it ranging from 10-12 for 3 miles.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Hyattplaceosu, General Manager at Hyatt Place Columbus/OSU, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Hello,

Thanks for staying with us. I appologize for the issue with the shuttle. We did have a major issue with the shuttle during your stay. If in the future you have any issues with your stay please feel free to reach out to me directly at 614-569-2910.

I hope to talk with at your next stay at the Hyatt Place Columbus/OSU.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I recently stayed at the Hyatt Place during an event organized at the Ohio State University. I stayed for 2 nights.

What struck me the most was how helpful and courteous the HP staff was. We had a relatively large group and were utilizing the HP shuttle service and all the staff were fantastic and very accommodating.

My room was very nice and far more spacious then I needed. It felt more like a suite than a hotel room. It was very clean, well maintained, and modern. I had absolutely no complaints about the room. Wifi access was unproblematic.

The breakfast in the morning was also very nice. It was a bit packed in the eating/lobby area in the morning one of the days but generally it was a good experience. There was a selection of hot food, cereal, breads/bagels, juice, coffee, and tea. It was well done, clean, and efficiently managed despite the volume of people.

Overall, I had an excellent experience at the Hyatt Place and would highly recommend it. I will note that OSU covered our accommodations so I actually have no idea how much it cost to stay there. Because of this, I am rating it excellent value, but obviously not everyone is so fortunate!

Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Stayed for three nights on business and could not fault it. Very clean and well laid out. We had to go to meetings at Ohio State University and they provided the shuttle bus for us, no charge. Gym is small but it does the job and nothing was too much trouble for the staff, they are very friendly and go out of their way to help you. Wifi was excellent, never had a problem getting connected anywhere. There is an excellent sports bar next door, Buckeye Hall of Fame Grill, one of the best sports bars I've ever been to in the USA. Apart from the sports bar there is nothing around the place such as shops etc etc but you are a 20 minute walk into town and there are plenty of decent bars and places to eat. It's an easy walk with a pavement, unusual for the USA.

Hello,

Thank you for staying at the Hyatt Place Columbus/OSU. I agree the Buckeye Hall of Fame is one of the best sports bars around and only steps from the hotel. Hope to see you on your next trip to columbus.

East Liverpool, Ohio
Reviewed May 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed here May 2013. From check in to getting recommendations to the actual room, everything was great. Rooms was comfortable, spacious, with workcenter and comfy bed with extra pillows. Check in and out was easy and staff were very kind and helpful. Will stay here again!

Hello,

Thanks for the great review. Let me know if there is anything we can ever do inorder to make your stay more comfortable.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

My wife and i just flew in for the weekend to visit family near by and glad we were able to get a room at the last minute (poor planning on my part). The Hyatt Place team have helped us at every turn. I have to give them an extra big kudo for having Torrefazione (tori-fah-zee-oh-knee) coffee during breakfast; being from Seattle, coffee is king and Tori is our daily cup of choice at home. Thx Hyatt Place, we will be baaaack! Oh yes, next time I will plan ahead;)

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello,

Thanks for the great review. Look forward to talking with you on your next visit.

Best Regards.