Great little hotel in a newly developed strip near OSU. We had an okay view of Columbus (not exactly NYC, but whatever) and could see trains pass by in the distance and a few CMH planes fly overhead.
The rooms are new, quite large, and well-conceived. There’s a living room study combo area (large desk) slightly separated from the main bedroom, decent sized dressing area, and respectable bathroom. Good lighting throughout. Bedding was new, and super plush Sealy Posturepedic pillowtop mattresses were very comfortable (although I wish they had foam instead of feather pillows). Free wireless is strong and secure. Parking, local calls, and fresh fruit are also free. Large LG flat screen TV. No bed bugs (we always check, especially around Columbus). Rooms are nicely equipped with bumpy “massage” soap, face soap, shampoo, conditioner, and even Aqua Fresh toothpaste. Pleasant service downstairs. The women on duty (especially Melissa) were responsive and genuine.
Breakfast was different than usual but still very good: Starbucks coffee, choice of juices, the usual sugary pastries, oatmeal with all the fixings, some cut fruit, and three types of homemade breakfast sandwiches.
Respectable pool could be a tad warmer (no jacuzzi). Still, it's well-maintained and certainly better than nothing.
Even the color coordination was remarkable. I liked the Hyatt orange in the rooms, on the walls, and even on the attire worn by staff. There’s a certain amount of class here that you just don’t find elsewhere.
Suggestion to management: get rid of uncovered glasses in the hotel room. Studies have shown that housekeeping does a poor job with hygiene. Nobody knows if our cups are fresh out of the dishwasher, “cleaned” with the same towel that was used to wipe toilets, or, in our case, masking residue of a previous tenant’s drink.
All in all though, hard to complain about much here. Good job, Hyatt Place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Place Columbus/ OSU is ideally situated just minutes from The Ohio State University, the Greater Columbus Convention Center, Arena District, Berliner Park and the wonderful cultural neighborhoods of Downtown Columbus. For the business traveler, Hyatt Place Columbus/OSU is within close proximity to Time Warner Cable, Battelle Memorial Institute, the Nationwide Insurance World Headquarters, AEP Ohio and the Ohio State Medical Center. Enjoy a day of shopping at the Short North Shops and Easton Towne Center or attend a live performance at the Lifestyle Community Pavilion. For the sports enthusiast, visit the Value City Arena, the Nationwide Arena or the Ohio Stadium, home to the Ohio State Buckeyes. Hyatt Place Columbus/ OSU also features 2,000 square feet of meeting room space, a gallery which offers an intimate coffee and wine café, a guest kitchen with freshly prepared snacks and entrees, and a daily complimentary A.M. Kitchen Skillet breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Odigeo so you can book your Hyatt Place Columbus/OSU reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Place Columbus/Osu Hotel Columbus
- Hyatt Place Columbus/OSU Ohio