First of all, there aren't any fancy boutique hotels in Columbus. None. I have searched high and low and any hotel that claims to be a boutique hotel has crummy/old decor and has plenty of negative reviews. Upon extensive research, I (finally) stumbled upon this place which plenty of positive reviews and since it's a new(er) property, was able to assume that the decor would be above sub-par and rooms aren't infested with bedbugs.
The location isn't great but it's good enough. Fairly close to Grandview, OSU and Arena district- so depending on what you're in town for, it's pretty convenient. We arrived much earlier than check-in time and the person at the desk was able to accommodate our request for early-check-in (thank goodness since we flew a red eye with 2 layovers). We stayed for 2 nights on comfortable beds which a nice-sized flat screen TV to watch while I nursed my hangovers on 2 consecutive days. There's a shuttle that can take you places within a 3-mile radius to the hotel which was extremely convenient for going out- however keep in mind the service stops at 9pm (or 10, I forget). I just called to the desk in the morning to inform them that I needed a ride later in the day to a bar in grandview. The continental breakfast was ok- nothing fantastic. We ended up ordering off the hot breakfast menu both days since we needed something more hearty. The coffee with free breakfast was AWFUL, thank goodness they offer starbucks for a fee. The places was definitely clean so I was comfortable sleeping in the beds, with that in mind plus good staff, convenience to downtown, I would recommend staying here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Place Columbus/ OSU is ideally situated just minutes from The Ohio State University, the Greater Columbus Convention Center, Arena District, Berliner Park and the wonderful cultural neighborhoods of Downtown Columbus. For the business traveler, Hyatt Place Columbus/OSU is within close proximity to Time Warner Cable, Battelle Memorial Institute, the Nationwide Insurance World Headquarters, AEP Ohio and the Ohio State Medical Center. Enjoy a day of shopping at the Short North Shops and Easton Towne Center or attend a live performance at the Lifestyle Community Pavilion. For the sports enthusiast, visit the Value City Arena, the Nationwide Arena or the Ohio Stadium, home to the Ohio State Buckeyes. Hyatt Place Columbus/ OSU also features 2,000 square feet of meeting room space, a gallery which offers an intimate coffee and wine café, a guest kitchen with freshly prepared snacks and entrees, and a daily complimentary A.M. Kitchen Skillet breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt Place Columbus/OSU reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Place Columbus/Osu Hotel Columbus
- Hyatt Place Columbus/OSU Ohio