“Neighborhood Institution”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Description: 614-497-0577
Description: 614-497-0577
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Casual atmosphere with home cooking! Famous for their Dagwood sandwich--was featured on Man versus Food. Great soups and pies!

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Love the food, everything is awsome. The Dagwood is more than a sandwich, its a beast and you leave more than full.... Roxey is a great server, shes on her toes and friendly. When ever we are in town we ask for her, between her, the food and the experience; I would say its a must stop.

Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

Foods good good prices I did the Dagwood challenge its like 4lbsto of sandwich and fries finished it in 24min 10 sec was delicious

Reviewed December 17, 2012

After hearing glowing reports from locals, we opted to try this deli over our initial selection. Everyone mentioned the price points well above the quality issues and that is where we went south here.

Yes, their prices are very reasonable for a true deli but the noticeable differences in the quality of the food made for a not so great encounter.

The facility is very worn and lacks a shiny, clean, 'we're glad you are here' appeal. The furry carpet was swept twice during our meal due to the amount of litter on the floor.

I ordered a simple BLT and was astonished when I received it. Served on marginal white bread, my lettuce consist of a single, outer leaf of old leaf lettuce, a paper thin single slice of 2 1/2" tomato and a several slices of bacon. The 'mayo' served on the side was such pour quality of salad dressing that it poured from the cup and left an oily residue behind.

The side salad we ordered was made from the same shredded head lettuce used for sandwiches and served with a blah oily ranch dressing.

The corn beef sandwich held more promise. While the meat was well prepared and a good serving, the sandwich bread cut the quality down immensely. Had it been served on a great quality deli bread, it would have made all the difference in the world.

We will not be returning as it was definitely not the quality a real deli should be, regardless of the price.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Yet, another "Man V. Food" Columbus establishment I had to try... Out of all the featured restaurants the Travel Channel covered in Columbus, this place was by far the biggest disappointment. I was very surprised how run down, dirty, and outdated this place is! Yuck! I went ahead and tried it anyway, though. The service was lousy, to say the very least, the menu was very large with lots of choices, but quite expensive for a restaurant of this type. The food was mediocre at best, but it came in a decent portion. I'm glad I went to "say" I've been here, but won't ever be back. It's got a long way to go, and a major face lift needed before I'd consider a re-visit. Thumbs down on this one!