“Small Place, Big Taste”

Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Description: Olde Towne Easy's Original Pizza Shop, est. 2009
“Small Place, Big Taste”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

The Yellow Brick Pizza (YBP) is in a small space, so it looks very much like the unassuming, local place it is. The pizza here was phenomenal! You can tell they use fresh, local ingredients and the crust was just as good, not too crispy, not too doughy. We just had a straight-up pepperoni since we feel this is a good benchmark pizza because every place has one and we ate every scrappy bite despite our claim that "we will just take the leftovers home" LOL

I see another reviewer said the service was slow, I was say it was more laid-back than slow. Unlike most pizza places or for that matter, most restaurants, they don't seem to be concerned with flipping tables. They give you time to look at the menu and then enjoy your food. However, my #1 criteria is not letting my glass (soft drink) go empty and they were on top of things. Speaking of beverages I had their craft root beer and it was the best craft root beer I've had an I've had a lot since I always order it if it is available. My wife had a Pinot Grigio and she enjoyed it as well.

I also saw that reviewers were concerned about the neighborhood in the evening. We ate there after 8 pm and did not feel uncomfortable at all. However, if you're used to eating your pizza in a brightly lit strip mall then I can see how eating in a small corner place in a neighborhood could be a little unnerving. If you're a city dweller or used to eating in small, local places you will feel right at home!

If you're from Columbus you should give it a try and if you're from out of town it is a great pizza place in a town with lots of them (Plank's, Massey's, Tommy's).

• Visited June 2013

Canal Winchester, Ohio
“Great food at a great price, but slow service”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I have eaten here 3 times and each time have loved my food, but twice the service was extremely slow. I think they have become pretty popular fast and if you go during a busy time, you can expect a wait. Overall I will continue to go, but will avoid peak eating times. They also have a huge beer selection.

• Visited November 2012
sailsquirrel
“Great Pizza”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I really enjoyed this pizza and was surprised by the great beer selection. I will be back.

I wouldn't visit this area of town late at night. It is a mix of up and coming and still down and out.

• Visited November 2012
Lancaster, Ohio
“The effort is there the quality of the product is not”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have tried to eat here a few times and each time I have been disappointed. What i do like is they use local ingredients. But this pizza is not executed well, the crust is very thin newspaper thin and I am not a fan of thin crust pizza. They do specialty pizzas every month, and I have tried two of those as well, The problem there was the toppings would cover only 3/4 of the pizza barely. And the prices you pay for this pizza the toppings should be more

• Visited October 2012
Columbus, Ohio
“I want to like it....”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Have not been in a while, so thought to give yellow brick a try for carry out. When calling in the order for two pizzas, was scolded for asking for going light on the cheese at the end and then listened as the person taking the order told me they would have to "start the whole order over.". Probably could have been handled with a little more tact.

The pizzas were average but not great, especially when compared to my gold standard of Harvest Pizza in German Village. Sauce is over sweet and the potatoes on one pizza were not properly cooked and were raw. The crust is nice. I hope they can step up their game, because I want to like Yellow Brick!