“Yummy”

Ranked #50 of 2,314 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: Seasonal, farm to table comfort classics with an urban edge. Always ingredient driven, with complex flavors, but never complicated.
Reviewed August 10, 2014

We stumbled upon this place when searching for new breakfast spots one Sunday morning. I liked how you sign yourself in and don't really have to speak with the hostess. They also have coffee for a small fee while you wait, which was a nice touch. The restaurant is very small, which I did not mind. We were greeted right away and our server was pleasant. I searched the menu for healthy breakfast options and was slightly disappointed with the healthy options (very minimal). I opted for a very small portion of biscuits and gravy (1 biscuit) with sausage (listed in the "this and that" section) which was $10. Sausage was surprisingly very delicious. Gravy was also delicious and had a very unique taste I've never had and can't even really describe, but it was good. My husband opted for the BLT made with fried green tomatoes. He loved every bite! I also loved his meal, very very tasty. I do believe the BLT is only served after 11am though. I knocked down a star for the lack of healthy options on the menu (they did have an omelet loaded with veggies that might be good). Another reason I knocked down a star was they show you the bill on an ipad briefly (I like to take more than a second to look at my bill). Then swipe your card right away (which might be nice if you're in a hurry) and ask you to choose a tip of either 15% or 20% (there might have been another option), while your waiter is breathing down your throat watching you as you select the amount for the tip. I'm a good tipper and this was just a bit intimidating for me. My suggestion, bring cash so you don't feel pressured to leave a certain amount because your server is right there telling you how to complete the transaction. This place was good but I would probably only return with out of town guest for something different and unique to Columbus. Otherwise I would probably head over to Scrambler Marie's for cheaper food, simple food, larger menu and a variety of healthy options.

1  Thank nlove2010

Reviewed August 5, 2014

This is a little hole in the wall place with spectacular food! The coffee is strong but very smooth. The menu changes somewhat from time to time, but always with first class results. You will be impressed with whatever you order. But be prepared , this is not inexpensive.

Reviewed August 2, 2014

This is a very tiny restaurant so there is usually a wait to get in. However, once in, you will be pleasantly surprised. The food is really top notch. Well worth a visit to this little hidden gem.

1  Thank June H
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Love having this restaurant so close to our home. The trend is to say you are a "farm to table", "locally sourced", etc business, this restaurant is real. They are small, you must realize this just from the size of the building, but if you don't need a ton of privacy and want a great meal, this is the place.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

The general feel of the area makes places like these get a bit higher rating than I think they deserve. I happened to go at a perfect time and waited about 30 minutes. However, I've had others tell me they've waited over an hour. Then after getting inside, I realized why there was a wait; this place is SMALL! You may have to sit with others you may not know. Also the food was very overpriced. However, the food was indeed, delicious.