“Yep , Kozy ....” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 19 Columbus B&B and Inns
Kingsport, Tennessee
“Yep , Kozy ....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

We ( My son and myself ) was up on business of sorts. This was the second time we stayed here and was just as happy this time as the last. It is not fancy but you're not paying for fancy ( no pool or breakfast ) . We paid 60 bucks plus tax night . Our room was CLEAN!!!! and spacious with a king bed and sofa. It was Close enough to town and attractions like Scioto Downs . Will most likely stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Solo
Bluffton, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

They are simply THIEF'S. The staff at the desk DO not know what they are doing. They charged me for two nights, was only there one night. The night desk person didn't know how to do a refund. The so called manager, who I waited for to come in assured me I would only be charged for one night. Well, needless to say that I was in fact charged for two nights. I have called the hotel number directly to try and resolve, no one will even answer the phone. I would not recommend this place unless you are in dire straights.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Point Pleasant, West Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I first checked the computer and the rates were $60.00 plus tax for a double room, when I called to make reservations, the woman told me that was for non-smoking and they did not have any of those rooms available but they did have two rooms that were smoking for $85.00 plus tax. We made the reservations but on the way to Columbus the day of check in, I received a call on my cell phone from the same woman who told me that they had a customer who wanted the smoking rooms and she had two non smoking rooms I could have instead. When I got there to check in, the same woman told me the rooms were $85.00 plus tax. I explained to her that I was told the non smoking rooms were $60.00 plus tax and she said they didn't have any of those rooms left just the $85.00 plus tax for non smoking. I also told her that the sign on the highway said "From $49.00" and she said they had rented out all of those rooms. So which is $49.00, $60.00 or $85.00? The walls are paper thin and we could hear the person above us walking and talking on the phone and even flushing the toliet. Not to mention the time we stayed before we had to call the police twice because of a fight in the parking lot out front.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012 via mobile

No complaints. Clean and quiet. Everything worked. And I was not scared to lay on the bed, so that's all a plus. We transferred here from americas best value on saint clair because of the roaches and what not so this is awesome

• Stayed May 2012
dayton, ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2010

My wife and I travel to Columbus about once a month and thought the Kozy Inn would be a nice hotel for the money. Upon arrival everything seemed ok, the room was nice enough, clean and we thought the sofa, mini fridge, and microwave were nice additions for a budget class hotel. The Kozy advertises free wireless internet (another nice feature for a budget hotel), but the signal was so weak it was only usable about 50% of the time (and we were about 5 rooms down from the office). The heater/air unit in the room was very very loud, would either blow at full hurricane force or was off and the bathroom was very very cold, the door had to be left open so that it would heat properly.The final straw was the next morning when we were getting ready to check out, check out was posted to be 11am, however most hotels will give a little bit of a grace period for a late checkout, I called and asked for maybe an hour, the person at the desk said it would be $10.00 per hour after 11am, I had never heard of anything like that before. for an additional 10-20$ we could have stayed at a nicer hotel and not had the hassle with late checkout fees. I got to the desk at 11am sharp, checked out and the person at the desk explained to me the inner workings of having to pay housekeeping to stay hence the $10 fee per hour, I explained that he had lost future revenue from me due to this policy (he didn't seem overly concerned). My wife was still in the room getting her bags in order while I was checking out, I walked back in and the front desk person simply walked right in to our room, no knock, no announcement that he was entering the room, we were amazed and couldn't wait to be gone. It's a shame that the service here was so poor, the hotel could be a nice property in the budget class, but we will not likely go back there.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank bkcesc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Quality Inn & Suites
Motel 6 Columbus West
#60 of 142 in Columbus
4.0 of 5 stars 51 reviews
Red Roof Inn Columbus/Grove City

Been to Kozy Inn? Share your experiences!