“Clean and comfortable beds”

Comfort Suites East Broad at 270
Ranked #27 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Our stay was for 3 nights. We enjoyed the room, pool area, and breakfast. The pool is smaller than imagined (3 ft to 4 ft depth). The jacuzzi was nice. Our king sized bed was comfortable. Breakfast featured waffles, eggs, breakfast meats, bagels, cereal, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, oatmeal, fresh fruit, juices and coffee.
My only criticism is that the shower curtain needed to be about 2 inches longer, to keep the floors dry. Also, maybe provide a hook for drying swimsuits after the pool.
Overall, great hotel. We would stay again.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Cindie M, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites East Broad at 270, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community! Our ultimate goal is the absolute satisfaction of each and every one of our guests, so we're all very happy that your experience here was favorable. We take great pride in our clean and spacious guest rooms and are very delighted you enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast buffet too. As always, we'll continue to provide the very best of service and look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the comfort suites on business. The rooms are clean, fresh, and decorated and modern way. Rooms are large, and the room had a pullout sofa as well as 2 beds so the room would easily accommodate five people. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013
Cindie M, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites East Broad at 270, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

I would to thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Columbus and I also appreciate you taking the time to provide us your feedback. On behalf of the staff, we look forward to welcoming you back to Comfort Suites East Broad at 270.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Everything was perfect with this hotel. Everyone was friendly and helpful at check-in. The room was beautiful, spacious, clean and laid out well. There were 2 queen beds, a pull out couch and a chair. The TV was a new large flat screen. There was also a desk with a rolling chair and the bathroom was huge. There were shampoo, conditioner, lotion and hairdryer provided. The free breakfast in the morning was a small buffet. There were cereals, juices, fruits, waffles and either sausage, ham or bacon with scrambled eggs. They also put out yogurt, oatmeal, breads, bagels, muffins, sweet rolls and hard cooked eggs. There was basically something for everyone. They have an indoor pool, hot tub and workout room. The area has a lot of shopping and restaurants as well as large hospital, and industries / distribution centers. About 20 minutes from the Ohio State University and close to the airport. The parking lot was large enough for trucks / trailers / etc.
Overall, this hotel was really good.

Room Tip: All rooms are of high quality
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thanks for your amazing feedback. We know that you took valuable time out of your day to tell other travelers about your stay with us, and we really appreciate it! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed yourself and that you mentioned our friendly and attentive service staff . We are also delighted you enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast buffet too. As always, we'll continue to provide the very best of service and look forward to your next stay with us!,

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Thanks Trip Advisor contributors; I picked this hotel in Columbus due to your reviews. You were right; it was clean, well-maintained, and comfortable. Our room was a very small suite; more like an extended room. Fine for an overnight for a couple or an extended stay for a single. The husband was up at 5:30, tapping away on the laptop and the light was a bother for me as I tried to sleep. The only downside to this property is vehicle access. East Broad Street is very busy, but from the hotel parking lot, there is only a stop sign. Trying to turn left out of the property is to flirt with an accident. As long as you're turning right, though, you should have no major problems; you will find a gap wide enough to turn out. When we were going out to dinner (see my LaiLai review), we just turned right, went down to a light, and went around the block to end up headed Eastbound. It was no problem for us, but we are very familiar with this area of Columbus. Others might get a bit turned around. A couple of times, I could hear airplane noise. The hotel is not far from Port Columbus airport and is only a few miles from the major flightpath. I didn't find the noise overly loud or intrusive, but if you are sensitive to that sort of thing, you should be aware of the possibility of hearing the jets. Cell phone service was very iffy (Sprint); our phones kept losing the signal.

If driving through Columbus again, and needing a place to stay, I would definitely consider this property again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and your experience at our hotel. It is extremely important to us to have happy return guests. We are here to make you comfortable, to take care of you and your family, and to be a respite in your travels. We are very fortunate to be in an area with many businesses and to have new businesses opening up,so that may require travelling at peak times a few minutes longer. We look forward to seeing you again when and if your travels bring you back to Columbus!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We love staying at Comfort Suites hotels wherever we travel, and this location was no different. The rooms were very clean, spacious, and the staff was exceptionally friendly and attentive. If you're really lucky, Joyce will be on duty at the front desk. She recommended some fun places to get local food treats that we brought home with us for gifts for neighbors. We stayed two nights and had different options at breakfast each day, but both offered eggs and sausage (cooked differently each day). If I ever find myself in Columbus again, I will definitely be staying here.!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

We are so excited to hear that you had a memorable time with us! Your gracious comments are appreciated and will certainly be passed on to Joyce. It gives us great pleasure that you enjoyed your suite and were able to enjoy the activities around Columbus. On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for your loyalty and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed May 12, 2013

The rooms are spacious and very clean. The furniture is well kept. The cleaning staff are awesome and very friendly. The front desk personnel are always attentive and personable. The breakfast varies each morning and the area is kept very clean even during peak dining times. The business center is in the lobby/dining area out in the open, which I would prefer an enclosed area more. Parking is good and access to the highway system is less than 2 miles away. Lots of restaurants and stores around this area. I have stayed at this hotel now 3 times in the past 2 months and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your stay with us. The staff and management at Comfort Suites East Broad at 270 take pride in facilitating great guest stay experiences. Family or business travelers will find that our hotel offers a great product for an overall value price.On behalf of the staff, I thank you for staying with us and look forward to hosting your next stay whenever you come back to Columbus.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I chose this hotel because I wanted to stay at a Comfort Suites to add points. The hotel description said that it had a shuttle, and before I left I called to double check this service because the hotel is more than 6 miles from the airport. My plan was to check in to the hotel, then take the shuttle to the airport, pick up my sister from her flight from Oregon, then both of us would take the shuttle back to the airport. However, when I checked in, the front desk informed me that their shuttle was broken. I was amazed! Broken! So I told them that I had counted on the shuttle service to get me there and back, so they offered to send me there in a cab, but I would be on my own to get back. This wasn't acceptable, so I said I would go somewhere else. Then the clerk said that they would provide a cab both ways, which they did. The cab company (Blue Cab) was a little less than top notch, but they did their job.

The hotel is fairly new and was clean. Our room was big and also clean. The biggest problem I had was that the beds have those foam-topped mattresses/mattress toppers, and boy are they hot. I like to be cool when I sleep, and I wasn't. I was very warm. But if you like to be warm when you sleep, this is the hotel for you.

The breakfast was a cut above the average economy hotel fare, I thought. They have a workout room (which I didn't use). In all, it was fine.

Room Tip: Check on the shuttle service if you plan to use it to get to and from the airport.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Thanks for sharing your feedback from you stay. However, we are saddened to hear that you were disappointed with your nights' sleep and that our hotel shuttle was not in operating condition when you were with us. The shuttle was in the shop for some repairs and that is why we offered the taxi. We typically get rave reviews on our beds and their comfort level. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.