New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #24 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
niles, oh
“What a surprise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

I normally plan my trips very carefully, ahead of time. On my recent trip to Columbus, I decided to "wing it" for a change. Unfortunately, at 3:00 pm, I had only 2 hours to find a hotel and get ready for an important event. I chose the Comfort Suites randomly, not expecting much. I was surprised to get one night at a decent rate (less, in fact, than a Holiday Inn Express that I had stayed at the night before). The staff was personable and encouraging as I shared my "wing it" get away. We laughed and they shared nearby landmark locations and restaurants that I might want to visit. Upon entering my room, I was struck by the different look of this room. A beautiful oriental-style "window wall" was between the bed and the door to the room for privacy. The TV was ultra-modern and remote was uncomplicated. The bed was the nicest I've ever seen in a hotel. (And, oh, so comfortable!) The bathroom looked brand new and was spic-n-span clean. The wi-fi was simple to connect to. Everytime I came and went from the hotel, the staff smiled and greeted me. I will most definitely go back! The only bad thing about my stay was that now I am planning to redecorate my bedroom to look a little more like the Comfort Suites!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Cindie M, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites East Broad at 270, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
We are thrilled that your recent experience at the Comfort Suites East Broad at 270 was more you had anticipated. Thank you so much for going into such detail about all the amazing experiences you had while staying with us .Your interaction with our front desk, pointing out our friendly and attentive service encourages everyone to be the best at what we do. We are so glad that you picked our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

my wife and i stayed there on saturday the 18th and LOVED IT! my wife and i both are in the hotel business and were very impressed on this property. beautifully decorated and clean rooms. ep. typical choice hotel breakfast. large breakfast room and large lobby. room was HUGE and deep, loved the desk setup and i would love the office chair for my office. WHERE DO YOU GET THEM?? the from dest staff was great for the most part. the front desk person at night was not so friendly but when we checked out she was great. i would recommend this hotel to donald trump if he was in the area, it was that amazing!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your stay with us. The staff and management at Comfort Suites East Broad at 270 takes pride in facilitating great stays for all of our guest. On behalf of the staff, I thank you for staying with us recently and look forward to hosting your next stay whenever you come back to Columbus.
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

We were in Columbus to compete in the state fair. Desk clerk was easy to work with. We were on the floor, with two queen beds. It was a very nice room with a nice chair and small couch, desk and chair, nice flatscreen, and good beds. Free wifi worked well. The bathroom was good, except I could not find a way to turn on the fan. There was one switch for the light, and that was it. I think there was a fan above the shower, but it was not running. I was a little worried about noise since it was closer to the airport, but it was not a problem. You could look out the window and see the planes landing, but the rooms were well soundproofed all around. The scenery on the east side is two water towers. The pool was tiny, not much bigger than the hot tub. The deepest was four feet. We always swim at hotels, but we skipped it this time. The breakfast was good. Most of the choices were carbs, but they were still good. You can make regualar or cinnamon waffles. Overall, we were very satisfied with this hotel, and recommend it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Ohio_Tom_11
Cindie M, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites East Broad at 270, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your thoughts and your experience at our hotel. We will look forward to the next time you are in Columbus and hope you will consider us as your home away from home.
Eastlake, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

The hotel was nice and clean. We had a king-size bed suite and it was very roomy. The only drawback (and it has nothing to do with the hotel) was the location. It was off of I-270 and the main restaurant choices are fast-food chains. But the area looks like it is being developed more.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Cindie M, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites East Broad at 270, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
I would to thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Columbus and I also appreciate you taking the time to provide us your feedback. I am sorry that you were not able to take advantage of some of the great dine in restaurants that we have. Just so you have some options the next time you visit us :Tumbleweed Southwest Grille, Panera and Bob Evans are less than 1mile away. Texas Roadhouse, Max & Erma's, Los Jalapenos Mexican Restaurant are under 2.5 miles away. In addition there is a Outback Steakhouse, Olive Garden and TGIF Friday's (and a few more),all between 3-6 miles. Again, thank you so much, and we'll see you again soon!
Swansea, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

We stayed at this choice hotel on July 11 and were not disappointed (as usual). This hotel is only 2 years old and still has that "new" smell. This hotel is located near the I-70/I-270 intersection on the east side. We were pleased that our room was where we asked to be--upper floor away from the elevator.

Pros:

Newer hotel.
Flat screen TV and good channel lineup.
Fantastic hot and cold breakfast items.
Fairly large eating area.
Nice lobby.
Coffee and tea in the room, with microwave and fridge.
Very comfortable bed.
Friendly staff.
Nice business center area.

Cons:

Shower curtain rod was placed too high. Shower curtain would not stay inside the tub area without placing the wastebasket on the tub. This needs to be remedied so water will not get on the floor of the bathroom.

Need more fitness equipment.

This hotel sits on a route used by rush hour traffic, but the hotel is not that far from I-270.

We will return to this hotel when in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank DaleSwansea_IL
Thank you for taking the time to rate and review us. We love hearing detailed comments about people's experiences at our hotel. Our ultimate goal is the absolute satisfaction of each and every one of our guests, so we're all very happy that your experiences the staff here have been so favorable. Thanks again ,we will look forward to your next visit!
Rock Hill, Sc, Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

This hotel looks very nice and the staff is great. It is clean looking and pleasing. There is a hotel shuttle and you will need it or a car because it is not really within walking of anyplace except the Waffle House. However, with wheels at your command you don't have to go far to be at restaurants and other shopping. Very convenient to 270. In case you don't know the Comfort definition of a suite, it is an ample room with small fridge and microwave.

Room Tip: 4th floor might be good since you can hear the people above you walking.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and your experience at our hotel. We take great pride in our clean and spacious guest rooms and are very delighted you enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast buffet too. We do have wonderful shopping nearby and lots of things for families to do as well. As always, we'll continue to provide the very best of service and our staff at Comfort Suites East Broad at 270 in Columbus looks forward to seeing you again.
New Philadelphia, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Highly recommend! Rooms were nice, clean, spacious, non smoking. Free breakfast was very good. The only complaint I could have were they could have more than one guest laundry, only one washer and dryer on the 1st floor. We were in town for a softball tournament so there was a line for use by the time I was done. There was also construction on the road to get to the hotel which caused long delays but that is not the hotel's fault, just something to consider. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your recent review! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed yourselves during the short time that you stayed with us. So sorry about the construction, but we have a brand new Menards that will open in August 2012 just down the street that did cause some delays with traffic. We are excited to have them in the community, as it will give visitors another place to shop.
Again, thank you so much, and we will look forward to seeing you again!