All reviews front desk cinnamon rolls hi express ohio state i highly recommend this hotel would stay here again the breakfast area free breakfast king bed room was large the hotel is clean short drive bagels excellent stay coffee maker osu hie
Reviewed September 30, 2015

Our room was relatively large (King Bed) and the bathroom had sufficient counter space which is rare. The room and bath were clean and there were plenty of towels. There were a wide range of choices for breakfast and the food was at the better end of "included" hotel breakfasts. The hotel is very conveniently located and parking on the property was convenient. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2015, traveled with family
HolidayInnExpressOSU, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus University Area - OSU, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2015

Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Express OSU. I'm so pleased to hear that our staff was a big part in making your stay better. Our staff will be delighted to know that their hard work is being noticed.

Reviewed September 20, 2015 via mobile

We just stayed here fri. September 18-20th. We have stayed here before over the years for football games . We like staying here when we have our two teenage boys with us because they have a room with two beds, pull out sofa, refrigerator, eating area. It gives our family a lot of room. They also have a free breakfast that really helps when you have kids. They offer toast, bagels, pancakes, sausage, turkey sausage, cereal , muffins ,cinnamon rolls,eggs,and a few more items. Our son has celiac disease so he can't eat most of the items offered but because of having a refrigerator in our room we can bring things for him . This hotel has a nice heated pool and hot tub with tables to sit at. It is also located next to a shopping plaza and many restaurants that take about a 5 min walk or a 1 min drive. We walk to the stadium about 2 miles maybe. It's not a bad walk at all lots to see on the way. The hotel offers a shuttle for $5 a person or you can call a cab that runs roughly $10 at the most . I would recommend this hotel if your visiting osu. My one wish would be an outdoor sitting area added to this hotel.

Stayed: September 2015, traveled with family
1  Thank Rlcassano
RyanAS_86, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus University Area - OSU, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2015

Dear Rlcassano,

Thank you so much for your kind words and we are so happy you enjoyed your recent stay with us! We do not always have the availability to run our shuttle on game days but we are so happy we were able to do so for you this stay. We strive to make every guest's stay a memorable one and we hope to see you again soon!

Ryan Schmeer
Operation Manager
Holiday Inn Express at OSU

Reviewed September 16, 2015 via mobile

I visited the Holiday Inn on 9/15 for just one night. The front desk staff was friendly, attentive and helpful (providing a list of area restaurants). The room was comfortable, clean and had a choice of pillows to suit everyone's desires. The morning breakfast was extensive with several hot and cold items. The coffee was delicious as was the OJ. I would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: September 2015, traveled on business
HolidayInnExpressOSU, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus University Area - OSU, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2015

Dear Jocko,

Tim B.
GM

Reviewed September 5, 2015

My dad and I were staying here for an academic competition at the university in which I partook. The outside of the hotel was cute, as it was quite small and aesthetically-pleasing (it was ironic, because literally five other hotels were under construction on the same road!), and the lobby was very modern. The staff seemed to be very attentive (although we didn't need them very much, since we were only staying for a night) and friendly, which raised our level of satisfaction greatly.

The room was in the standard Holiday Inn (Express) style, or any other mid-sized hotel brand. A working TV and comfortable beds. Cleanliness in the bathrooms and all around. The only real problem was that there weren't enough outlets for plugging in electronic devices, which was a pain. Who can survive an entire weekend without charged electronics? We obviously managed to make it work, but if we had just a few more iPads or iPhones or laptops with us, it would've been extremely inconvenient. In the digital age we live in today, the access to more outlets is very crucial, I think! That being said, the WiFi worked well during the time we were at the hotel! It was fast and never lost its connection.

The breakfast was the only other thing we didn't care for. My dad's eggs were not very good, and my choices were average. It is difficult for hotels to provide satisfactory breakfasts all the time (in all honesty, Embassy Suites does it best), so maybe sometimes it is great, but it was sub-par when we were there.

Overall, our stay was very good! I would give it a 90% as far as satisfaction, because there were many positives but a few negatives. I would stay here again without hesitation!

Room Tip: The elevators are very quiet (and technologically-savvy), so there is no need to worry about elevator noise at night!
  • Stayed: August 2015, traveled with family
HolidayInnExpressOSU, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus University Area - OSU, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2015

Ben,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I apologize that the breakfast was not up to your liking. I will mention it to the team members as we always welcome feedback. We hope you will visit us again.

Tim B.

Reviewed August 21, 2015

Very nice hotel with breakfast and a pool. Very convenient to Riverside Hospital (less than a mile). The room was modern and offered plenty of tv channels to unwind after a long day. All of the staff was very friendly, but I have to say Lina was EXCEPTIONAL!! When my father's surgery ended up being more extensive than originally thought, she helped me extend my stay without having to change rooms. I will definitely recommend this hotel to anyone I know that is traveling to the Columbus area.

• Stayed: August 2015, traveled with family

Ms. Amber,

Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Express OSU during a very difficult time for your family. I'm so pleased to hear that Lina was a big part in making your stay better. Our staff will be delighted to know that their hard work is being noticed. We wish your family the best and a speedy recovery for your Father.

The Holiday Inn Express Team