I recently stayed at this property for an OSU game. Hotel was built in last 5 years, and is very new in appearance and smell. The staff was very friendly and often greeted you as you walked through the halls. Best looking hotel in the area, with many restaurant (fast and sit-down) nearby. Workout facility was clean and had enough equipment for a quick workout. The pool/hot tub were very relaxing and quiet. The rooms were very clean, and well taken care of. I am Platinum with Priority Club and was give a free bottle of water and snack upon check-in, which is all I really expected for a Holiday Inn Express (sometimes I get nothing at Holiday Inn Expresses).
Breakfast had a good array for a morning after partying. My only concern here was the eggs were watery and cold, and the attendant told me that was because I came down to eat at 9:15am, and the buffet closed at 9:30am. They apparently did not want to refill the eggs or keep them warm since it was the last fifteen minutes. CHEAP.
My only other concern with this hotel was the fact that when I booked, the front desk person told me that they had a shuttle on-site, which I assumed would be good to get to the OSU game. They failed to tell me that they don't run the shuttle on game days. When I told the front desk (day of the game), that I needed a shuttle, they said we don't run those on game days, but I can call you a cab or you can walk (15 minute walk or about 2 miles). I asked why they didn't run the shuttle, and he said because it would take too long to get there and back. It is only 2 miles down the road so gimme a break. I asked the front desk attendant to speak with a manager, as I wanted to be compensated for the taxi ride because I was lied too, since I was getting less services, and I was told they are not available right now, even though one was sitting in their back office with the door wide open. I felt really neglected and that they didn't care that a Platinum member decided to stay there, and was being told indirectly "don't come back to this hotel because the managers don't care about you." Also came across CHEAP to me about the hotel management, after they double their nightly rate for home game weekends. I just don't understand how hotel management could be this CHEAP, and not only make me pay $225 per night to stay there, but then take away amenities that come with the hotel under the normal room rate, and make me pay an additional $15 each way in a taxi. Varsity hotel across the street offered shuttles the whole time.
All in all, this property is a good hotel, but not for game weekends, as they under-staff their shuttle service, and skimp on the breakfast buffet. As a platinum priority club member I expect a higher nightly rate to mean a better hotel with more services, not less. Not sure if I will ever stay at this location again as a result.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the Holiday Inn Express & Suites located right outside of downtown Columbus, in the heart of the Ohio State University! This is an upscale luxurious hotel with every amenity you can think of. We offer a free extended hot breakfast as well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus University Area - OSU reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Columbus University Area - Osu
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus University Area - OSU Ohio