Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus University Area - OSU
Ranked #53 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
New Delhi, India
“Super hotel in Columbus”
Reviewed October 2, 2011

I was wowwed the minute I drove up to this place... looks like an upscale hotel in Miami- or La... loved the decor of the lobby-- with nice University colors and the theme continued all the way into my room. The staff was very helpful, and the breakfast was really good--- hotels where I have paid for breakfast in the past was no where near the quality of the food I had here at this Particular Holiday suites... I really liked the room I was in-- I believe it was a king suite-- was huge! I will definitely be back in the area when traveling to my Battelle home office.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed October 2, 2011

Stayed at this hotel the last weekend of August. We visit Columbus often and stay in the area, usually at another place just down the street. Decided to try this one since it was fairly new. The only complaint I would have is that we were initially put into a suite with a Jacuzzi but soon after walking in the door discovered that the faucet on the tub was broken. To the credit of the staff the front desk called within a minute of our discovery to apologize that they had placed us in a room with a problem and offered us a new, and very nice, room. The hotel itself is convenient, clean, well appointed, and the breakfast was the typical one you see at HIE properties which works quite well for us. We heard no noise from outside or inside and slept well. We will definitely stay here again as it very easy to get almost anywhere from this location with easy access to route 315 and major east-west cross streets.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 12, 2011

This is the first time I stayed at this hotel. Since another Holiday Inn closed closer to the stadium, I needed to find another location to stay for the game. I decided on this hotel due to its relative location with regards to Ohio Stadium. It is located on Olentangy River Rd and is basically a 30 minute walk to the stadium, about a mile away. It is a doable walk but due to the excessive heat, it was pretty miserable. Next time, I'll pay for a cab to just "get me close." The hotel is located near a couple restaurants, a grocery store a couple convenience stores and other convenient amenities. The hotel amenities were good. There is an indoor, no frills pool and hot tub. Well maintained but nothing exciting. The breakfast was good, not great but since it was free, the price was right!! The hotel conditions were clean and, other than a front desk staff member who did not seem very interested in assisting me with a couple minor issues upon checkout, it was a very pleasant stay. If you are traveling to the area for a Buckeye football game and don't mind "hoofing it a bit," I recommend staying here.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Youngstown, Ohio
Reviewed August 11, 2011

We stayed two nights while our son had his orientation at Ohio State. Everything was fine, except we had people sitting in the hall talking loud late at night. The second night was quiet, however. The breakfast was very good. There were a number of restaurants and stores within walking distance. It is a convenient location for visiting the university and is neat and clean. All in all, it was a pretty good place.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Missouri
Reviewed July 22, 2011

Everything was good here. No issues whatsoever. I did not check out the pool. Did seem overly $$ though.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Aurora, Illinois
Reviewed June 29, 2011

Our stay with this hotel was an absolutely wonderful experience. The best part about this particular Holiday Inn Express was the friendliness of the staff. The front desk helped with finding local areas around Columbus and they seemed genuinely caring about our needs. The pool and hot tub were great and even the fitness center had more equipment than I was expecting. WIth their competitive prices, we will almost certainly be staying with this hotel from now on when we are in Columbus.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Steele3434
ferndale, Michigan, USA, New York, USA
Reviewed June 14, 2011

The location is what makes this property. 4 minute drive to the north campus. Lots of dining options and bars nearby. Small hotel but the property has been refreshed. Thee is granite in the bathrooms and flat screen TV's. Easy freeway access also. I would stay at this location over other HIE's in the area.

• Stayed May 2011