“Don't bother!”

House of Japan - Polaris
Ranked #244 of 2,297 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Polaris Pkwy and Sancus Blvd.
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We made reservation two weeks prior only to be completely ignored by management. We had to wait one hour to get a table. I spoke with the owner and she basically said all reservations are treated just like walk-ins. Don't bother making advance reservations; if you want to eat here, just go and expect to wait forever. They are too busy for their own good. I'll be spending my money in restaurants that care about their customers for now on.

2  Thank lemColumbus

Reviewed December 20, 2012

This has to be one of my favorite restaurants ever! The sushi was delicious, the soup had amazing flavor, and our chef was very funny! The steak was cooked perfectly as was the rest of my meal. The group we were seated with ordered a round of sake bombs. That was an experience in itself. If you drink, I definitely recommend those!

Reviewed October 21, 2012

My 12 year old granddaughter wanted to eat at a Japanese steak house. She had heard
from her friends how great it was to go to one. We took her and our youngest granddaughter who is 5 to the House of Japan. Both girls enjoyed the atmosphere and the great show that our chef
performed for the group. However, as much as the oldest child enjoyed everything, the littlest one was still hungry when we left. She did not like any of the food. I myself enjoyed the food but felt as though we were on a time limit. Other than that is was a good experience.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

My boyfriend and I went for a nice dinner. We were seated with a birthday party and they were very sweet. The chef was fantastic! I ordered the filet mignon and chicken yummmmm! The fried rice was out of this world and the veggies were delicious. I highly recommend going there and asking for Man.

Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

House of japan is hands down the best! I have been to Japanese steakhouses around the country and nothing compares. I look forward to a Hoj night. The only downfall is that you have to sit with strangers and it is loud. The food is excellent making it worth it. Plus, once you've had a zombie drink, who cares!

1  Thank LindsayD29