“Go in "for a few minutes" and lose your whole afternoon!”
Review of Book Loft

Book Loft
Ranked #3 of 41 Shopping in Columbus
More attraction details
Owner description: One of the largest bookstores in the country, it has expanded to 32 rooms and now contains nearly 750,000 books.
Reviewed April 7, 2014

What a great place to explore. So much more enjoyable than a big box store. My thirteen year old said, "I really want a house like this." It's just plain cute! Our three teens, my husband and I all roamed through several rooms on our own, getting a taste of each room's "theme" and pretty much every room had it's own music or sound background running. Clearance books are a real bargain. Only downside is that with so many books (and puzzles and calendars and...) it can be hard to find a particular book on your own, so may need to ask for help in finding it. We were under no such limitations so enjoyed our visit in a huge way!

There are newer reviews for Book Loft

Reviewed April 5, 2014

This bookstore is so much fun! My family and I are a bunch of book lovers whose love ranges very different genres and this place has absolutely everything. The bookstore is as quirky and fantastical as dropping into Wonderland, and no small amount of time is possible to get the full effect of this place. I would recommend a couple hours to this store because it is definitely worth the time. The labyrinthine store is a blast to explore and it is almost inevitable to find more then what you initially came for. But do not despair because even if one grabs a couple more novels than expected the prices are so reasonable that your wallet would barely notice a thing! This place is perfect for everyone: kids, teens, adults, seniors, book-lovers, explorers, musicians, cooks, travelers, ANYBODY! The Book Loft is an adventure in and of itself.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

I agree with the nay sayers. It's very cramped so if you are claustrophobic than stay away. But i rather enjoyed the zig zaggy hallways and the random wares and decorations strewn about throughout the store. Besides the tight quarters, this place has killer deals like the title says and lots and lots of books.
They have a huge selection of bargain books. Not crap books that nobody wants either. They have reduced priced books all over the place. They have various sections with marked down books as well as reduced priced books sitting around in their respective locations. They have graphic novels, language learning books as well as cd's and videos. They also have a small selection of movies and audio books as well as small gadgets toys, bookmarks, totes...Lots of stuff.
I love this place. I don't get down to Columbus very often (I live about an hour and a half away). But when i do, I try to make it a point to visit the Book Loft.

2  Thank OHTravel_Junkies
Reviewed February 2, 2014

It's way too easy to spend a lot of time and money in here, so if you're going, plan on clearing your schedule for a few hours and make sure your bank account is ready. Also, be ready to be in some tight spaces. It's worth it.

This is the most unique bookstore I've ever been in and by far one of my favorite places! 32 rooms packed (literally) from floor to ceiling with books! If you're looking for something in particular, a store map and some online research comes in handy, otherwise, browsing and just meandering through each room is a treat.

The Book Loft's prices are competitive, they offer discounts on pretty much all of their book inventory. You can also go on their website and print off coupons that can't be beat. I recommend joining the TShirt club and receiving 10% off your purchase every time you wear it in. (Writing this review with my comfy Tshirt on!)

There's a selection of gift bags, book marks, book related Tshirts and tote bags that i found fun to look at. Plus the staff is friendly and willing to chat about their favorite reads so the atmosphere is always fun and welcoming.

The downfall to some (it's not to me) is that the place can get a little crowded, there's a lot of "excuse me's" and tiny traffic jams in some of the narrow pathways but I've never experienced rude people or people unwilling to wiggle around each other. A friend of mine got very claustrophobic and had to step outside once so if that is a problem, maybe you should set your sites on somewhere else.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

This German Village bookstore is a unique place. This 32-room converted general store/cinema/saloon presented a very interesting atmosphere to browse. It was a bit claustrophobic in spots but the inventory was immense and the rooms were categorized quite conveniently. The service was very friendly as the workers were quite helpful. If you are in the neighborhood, it is worth a stop.