“Clean room but...”

Ranked #16 of 19 Columbus B&B and Inns
Edmond
“Clean room but...”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

The location is convenient, the room was clean, the front desk was friendly. This property was probably very nice a couple of decades ago. It is run down and needs a major overhaul. The continental breakfast is coffee/tea, orange juice, choice of 2 cereals, milk, a jar of peanut butter and a loaf of white bread.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank jguski1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Windsor
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Booked a "non-refundable guaranteed rate" 2 months in advance. We arrived at 10:30 p.m. following "Rock on the Range 2013", to find our room had been given away at a higher rate. We were told there were no rooms for 50 miles due to demand. After 45 minutes they gave us a 1 bed room (for 4people) that stank far worse than anything you can imagine from a national commercial enterprise. Stay away from this property, sleep in your car for free as a better option!

Room Tip: Sleeping in your car for free is the better option.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Rada W
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

This was a late night stop. It didn't look very appealling as we arrived but we were exhausted. The man at the desk didn't speak good English so there was no getting reimbursed. Let me say I ended up sleeping sitting up in a wooden chair with the lights on. The beds were not made and still had hair in them from the previous nights events which wouldnt have been so bad if the pillow didn't have a blood stain on it and the bed didn't have fleas jumping about. The smell of urine was overpowering and my door looked like it had been kicked in a time or two. I do not recommend this under any circumstances. Save your 67 dollars

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Loveang
BENWOOD
Reviewed March 27, 2013

This is a strange place as wilson rd is one way and then changes to one way the other way so it is difficult to figure out how to get there. The room was never vaccumed and only one bed of two was made up. Breakfast was stale buns and stale instant? weak coffee. Much activity in the building people in and out all night long. Too bad their system for early morning calls didn't work but the gal at the desk was very nice and sympathetic.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank CHRISTOPHER R
Franklin, Indiana
Reviewed March 4, 2013

The couch was not only badly stained it was soiled. Looked to be soiled more than once. There was grafity on the walls. Staines on the bathroom cieling. Horrible horrible facility. I stripped the sheets off the bed one at a time to insure they were at least clean down to the mattress. Thank god the mattress wasn't stained. I did go ahead and stay the 1 night because of how late it was. Believe me I'll never stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Bob T
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I had asked for a non-smoking room. They assigned me a smoking room, then refused to change it. They said they had no rooms left, but there were barely 20 cars in the parking lot. The room smell was terrible. The door deadbolt was broken. The bathroom light went on and off by itself. The sink had no stopper (very bad to clean your contacts over an open drain). The bathroom fan did not work. The TV was sitting on a piece of old 2x4 - raw lumber. The wi-fi was v-e-r-y slow. The "free breakfast" was old stale cereal in a tiny room with only 4 chairs. I had to leave and buy a restaurant breakfast. The heater was very noisy. The furniture was chipped, cracked, dinged and beat-up. There was no place to put the suitcase - only one chair and a small desk with a lap on it. I had to leave my suitcase on the floor. The sheets and blanket were thin. The mattress was lumpy. The pillows were flat. Worst of all, when I arrived home everything in my luggage smelled of foul smoke and had to be double-washed and air-dried outside. My winter coat had to be dry-cleaned to get the smell out. Honestly, it would have cost me less money if I had paid for this room, NOT stayed there, left, and paid to stay in a different motel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank kleefeldjim
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We stayed three nights in September 2012; the room was clean and we had no major problem: pretty much what we would expect in this price range. We would go as far as saying that we could have described it as "very good" if it hadn't been for the WIFI not working and the receptionist giving us lame excuses for three days: they would restart the router; a technician would come and fix it; the provider was looking into it, etc. We had to take the laptop to the reception whenever we needed to send an e-mail. If we didn't need internet access would have no problem in returning.

Room Tip: If you don't need internet access, it's not a bad choice.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple