“Worst Choice hotel I have ever stayed in”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #16 of 20 Columbus B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 4, 2013

The couch was not only badly stained it was soiled. Looked to be soiled more than once. There was grafity on the walls. Staines on the bathroom cieling. Horrible horrible facility. I stripped the sheets off the bed one at a time to insure they were at least clean down to the mattress. Thank god the mattress wasn't stained. I did go ahead and stay the 1 night because of how late it was. Believe me I'll never stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Bob T
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge

Reviewed March 3, 2013

I had asked for a non-smoking room. They assigned me a smoking room, then refused to change it. They said they had no rooms left, but there were barely 20 cars in the parking lot. The room smell was terrible. The door deadbolt was broken. The bathroom light went on and off by itself. The sink had no stopper (very bad to clean your contacts over an open drain). The bathroom fan did not work. The TV was sitting on a piece of old 2x4 - raw lumber. The wi-fi was v-e-r-y slow. The "free breakfast" was old stale cereal in a tiny room with only 4 chairs. I had to leave and buy a restaurant breakfast. The heater was very noisy. The furniture was chipped, cracked, dinged and beat-up. There was no place to put the suitcase - only one chair and a small desk with a lap on it. I had to leave my suitcase on the floor. The sheets and blanket were thin. The mattress was lumpy. The pillows were flat. Worst of all, when I arrived home everything in my luggage smelled of foul smoke and had to be double-washed and air-dried outside. My winter coat had to be dry-cleaned to get the smell out. Honestly, it would have cost me less money if I had paid for this room, NOT stayed there, left, and paid to stay in a different motel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank kleefeldjim
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We stayed three nights in September 2012; the room was clean and we had no major problem: pretty much what we would expect in this price range. We would go as far as saying that we could have described it as "very good" if it hadn't been for the WIFI not working and the receptionist giving us lame excuses for three days: they would restart the router; a technician would come and fix it; the provider was looking into it, etc. We had to take the laptop to the reception whenever we needed to send an e-mail. If we didn't need internet access would have no problem in returning.

Room Tip: If you don't need internet access, it's not a bad choice.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I was in a wedding the weekend I stayed. Once we arrived are room was not ready. They gave us another room that was being used.When we opend the door we almost got our heads shot off.We had to take another room. In that room there was no toilet paper. Not tissues. No hairdryer. The room was dirty with webs in the corners and holes in the walls. The bedding had been used and the bed not made.We tried to use the phone and it was not working. We tried to talk to the desk and they did not speak english. There was mulitple families living in the rooms so they sat outside all night drinking and fighting. At 3 Am someone tried to open our door and was yelling we where in there room. At that point we contacted the main office and left. WOULD NEVER TELL SOMEONE TO STAY THERE! NOT EVEN AS A USE FOR A KENNEL!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jennifer C
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I booked this hotel on the rewards program ascociated with the hotel. When I booked the room I was told that I needed to present a credit card and ID as proof of identity when I arrived at the hotel but that nothing would be charged to my card. When I arrived at the hotel however, The clerk told me that he would need to place a $250 charge on my card which he would refund in the morning. I know for a fact it takes 3 business days for holds to fall off from a credit card account so that was also a little but questionable. Having less than $250 in available credit on my card I was turned away for my free rewards night room. They also refuse to return my reward points for the room I never used.

What a scam! Isn't it illegal to charge a guest until checkout?

Any way I had to drive back to my home in Youngstown about 3 hours away. I reccomend that people stay away from this hotel unless you want to risk fouling up your credit card accounts.

Room Tip: Try another hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Going here I knew I wasn't getting the best hotel based upon previous reviews. Anyway, the room was beat up a bit and could have used some fixing up. However, the room was clean which is extremely important to me. To me this is not a place for a family or an extended stay. There are lots a of places to eat around the hotel, again a plus. It's right off the highway which was good for me too. A decent place to stay overall but don't expect a great place.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We had reservations at the Econo Lodge in Worthington OH (the motel from hell) so switched to this place. Compared to the first place, it was much better. Very, very basic. I've about decided to avoid all Econo Lodges in future, but this was OK considering where we were originally booked.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple