“u get what u pay for”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #14 of 19 Columbus B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 18, 2012

we stayed over the weekend. it was annoying trying to find the road just to get to the hotel, behind waffle house, it was sketchy but we did stay anyway. the other guests did give us the creeps! but the room was clean, i am employed at a hotel so i know how to check for a clean room. we didnt have a bad experience here.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 4, 2012

This was a reservation made on-the-run. Simply a place to stop late (midnight) and sleep and eat.

We were on our way home, having stayed in a Marriott in Washington DC for 2 nights. I didn't expect Marriott here. I didn't get it.

I don't understand why some hole-in-the-wall little hotels insist on you filling out name, address, etc on a piece of paper, when they already have all of that in the computer. DH did it. I wouldn't.

Mr desk clerk wasn't Mr. Personality.

The room appeared to be clean. The door - to the outside walkway - had to be slammed to close, and pushed really hard to open from the outside.

As I took my bag upstairs, another guest was walking below and I wondered if she was just renting to room for an hour or so?!?!?! Yes, I stereotyped her!

Breakfast in the morning was what I expected. No cereal. No milk (Okay, I didn't expect that ...) Honey Bun in a bag. Bagels, Danishes, coffee, no orange juice, just cranberry.

Although Mr. No-Personality didn't greet any of us as we came in, he *did* ask if we wanted any more food before he cleared it away.

I picked this hotel because it was close to the interstate. I wouldn't choose to stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a room at another hotel! :-)
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2010

It IS an Econo Lodge, and for the rate you pay, you get a room to sleep in - and that's pretty much it. The "free breakfast" consists of pastries/cereal in the miniscule lobby; ask for a room away from the interstate if you want a prayer of getting any sleep. The parking lots are not well lit, and to get to the motel you have to snake around behind the Waffle House restaurant, which is hard to do at night or in the rain.

As for the room, well ... no obvious dirt on the floor, but very obvious occupied spider webs in the corners of the windows and near the door inside the room. The inside door lock DID NOT WORK. Nice, considering the part of town this place is in. Typical for an Indian-operated facility was the paucity of amenities, no extra towels or pillows, but the bathroom area did appear clean and there was a coffee machine (with just one set of condiments). It was a place to leave as rapidly as possible the following morning.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 5, 2010

This is one place I would NEVER recommend to anyone!!! Rooms are substandard at best. Service not that great. Sink kept backing up. The furnishings looked as if they had been there for 20 years. Management was rude. There was no "No Pets" sign on arrival (it was hidden) We have a small dog who is like our son. But he stayed in the truck came in to eat and drink.. Yet the Manager swore he was in the room full time charged 20.00 and refused to allow him to stay in the room even though we paid the 20.00.. He also demanded our credit card to make a copy to charge for damages to the room.. we refused to give him the credit card.. He actually called the police to force us to give the credit card to him.. Come on how much damage can a well behaved well supervised dog do when he is 11 lbs soaking wet... Never stay at this place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FRMSXY5
Reviewed August 11, 2008

I needed an inexpensive room for one nights stay. I ended up checking out around 3:00 AM. Not only was it dirty looking when I pulled in and was "greeted" by a desk clerk who barely acknowledged my presence, but talked on house AND cell phone the entire time I checked in. I reviewed the room before unpacking my car. No coffee maker in room, not that I would have used it considering the condition of everything. The dresser drawers had handles falling off. No ashtrays in the "smoking" room". The Wi-Fi signal was horrible and was like using old AOL dialup. I decided to stay only because I wasn't going to be there very much and had ppl. to meet. Upon arriving back in the hotel later that night with a friend of mine before we headed back out I dropped off a few things, ran down to get a soda and had trouble getting back in the room. I took my key down to the lobby to inquire. There was no clerk so I had to call the main number and apparently wake someone up to help me. I was yelled at for having someone else in my room when I only paid for one person. I explained they were not staying and that it wasn't his concern who visited me while I was in town. The desk clerk began screaming at me about having cameras and seeing someone enter my room. I was so shocked. It's a hotel, not a boarding house or prison. Even if I did have someone else stay, the price difference for 2 ppl. was only 3 or 4 Dollars!! I could have afforded it, but it wasn't the case. I immediately went back to my room, gathered my things and checked out. I am still in shock over being treated that way. Since this was some franchise I know there is no chance in getting my money back for the stay. I just needed to warn ohers to avoid this hotel like the plague. If you do stay: Take your own towels, soap blanket and pillows. TRUST ME!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed December 13, 2007

This Econo Lodge is a disaster. The reservation clerk was dressed in dirty jeans and a t-shirt and talked on the phone while I was registering. The "high speed" wifi offered was too slow to connect to and when I complained was turned off completely. The phone line to the room was full of static. The shower did not work. The outside of the hotel is not maintained. The reservation cancellation policy is 24 hours - terrible for travellers who need flexibility. The location is very noisy (trucks passing by constantly, all using their engine breaks to stop for the light at the corner). The door to the room did not fit well and was drafty.

The worst hotel overall I have ever stayed at in the United States.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 30, 2007

My friend booked this room the night before her wedding. She's always trying to save money, and found a great deal with this hotel, and 5 of us stayed in the room. I learned from this experience to never stay at a hotel just because it's cheap. It was a dump. The carpet was sticky, there were ants crawling all over the entire room. I'll never again stay at an Econo Lodge.

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled with friends