“Excellent Hotel, Service - Great Location”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus - Airport
Ranked #11 of 144 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed May 6, 2010

Soccer team in town for tournament. Hotel was about $10 more per night than others in area. More than made up for difference in amenities. The managers reception with drinks and h'oedourves was wonderful. Breakfast was unbeatable. What a selection and service was great. Beds in rooms were very comfortable. Very few places can top the mattresses. Everything was nearly new. Pool was a little small, but hey its a hotel. Was near shopping and food. Overall I am glad we stayed and would stay again any time we are in the area.

• Stayed: April 2010

Reviewed April 29, 2010

We stayed here for (2) nights since my daughter had a dance competition over at the Shriner's Aladdin temple - pretty convenient drive, over near Easton, around 7-10 minutes. Nice hotel...should be...it's new. Check-in easy and efficient. Lots of people - a convention I suspect, baseball & soccer families..the like. Rooms are nicely appointed and beds are very comfortable. It takes a LOT for me to say that because we sleep on a waterbed still (can't give that up lol). Rooms are DARK. Unless you are part "mole" you might want to bring your own light bulbs for the bathroom...your wife will thank you! Attempts at energy savings have gone overboard for the bathroom :( This was a relatively minor annoyance. Now for the bad - if you're going to have that many guests at the hotel at one time, they need to make sure ALL 3 elevators are functional and operational. It is EXTREMELY annoying to only have one or two operate when the hotel is operating at or near capacity - waits were ridculous at times. Also, it does not appear that they are readily manned to operate the complementary breakfast if the hotel is reasonably full. The line for the omelette station backed out into lobby. There were no plates or eating utensils for a long time, even after reporting it to the front desk. We gave up and ate at Waffle House!!! Totally unacceptable!! Conversely, the managers reception in the evenings was actually very nice. Even when it got a bit crowded, they handled the food situation well and the bartenders were very efficient. Like I stated at the beginning....just a few tweaks and this hotel would be highly recommended by me. But, they truly need to address the issues I've listed...those alone took a lot of the fun out of our trip.

1  Thank jsinohio
Reviewed April 19, 2010

My husband, daughter and I stayed at the Embassy Suites for my daughter's Trampoline/Tumbling State meet at Ohio Dominican University. The hotel was only about 2 minutes from ODU which is one of the reasons why I chose it. Check in was easy and I was surprised that for a Friday night the hotel was not that busy. We ate at the cafe onsite which was decent, slightly pricey. I had the chicken panini sandwich that was quite good (although it came with chips) and my husband and daughter had the hamburger which came with fries. You really cannot beat the room set up. Since my daughter had to get up early she was able to go to bed while my husband and I watched TV in the living area. The room temperature was freezing when we got in but the control panel for heating/cooling was easy to work. The bathroom was pretty big and the hair and shampoo were nice (containers were small but I am sure that we could have asked for more). The towels were nice as well. The rooms were very clean. We got to the breakfast buffet at 7:30 am and it is included with your room charge. It was probably one of the best hotel breakfast buffets I have been to. The chef at the omelette station seemed very nice. Also, the coffee in the room was very good and there was even real cream to use which is a big plus for me. I would definitely stay here again even though you can probably find cheaper hotels. We did not use the pool, it did seem a little small.

Reviewed April 18, 2010

My wife, two kids ages 12 and 8, and I stayed at this hotel and couldn't have been more happy with our stay. Our room with two queen beds was very clean and had plenty of space to spread out, and the two large TV's with a large channel selection was a nice surprise. Factor in the hot breakfast buffet that was included in the room rate, which was open well enough into the late morning to allow us to sleep in a little, and this was an awesome value. The bar area looked very nice as well although we (the wife and I of course) didn't spend any time there. The event we attended in Columbus is a yearly event, and if we attend in future years, we will not need to search for a place to stay.

Reviewed March 31, 2010

I agree with the other posters that this is a nice, new facility. Kind of an odd location to stay. I drove a few extra miles because I got a good rate and wanted to be able to have a desk in my room. The room quality was very good and the bar area of the hotel was nice with a large-screen TV.

I was really disappointed in the breakfast. I was told they would be serving until 11 a.m. on Sunday. I got down at 10 a.m. and all the coffee cups were gone and all the juice glasses were gone. The orange juice dispenses was out of juice, so it just squirted out orangey colored water. Fortunately there was another dispenser that was not out of juice. The place was wrecked. I assume there wasn't enough help to handle everything, but I suspect the hotel knew a lot of people would be eating there on Sunday. At 10:30 all the food was yanked off the steam tables, so no seconds for me, which was probably just as well. After all is said and done, this just wasn't acceptable.

Again, the room and hotel were nice. But the breakfast just did not live up to Hilton standards.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 23, 2010

We stayed one night at the hotel because we wanted to be near the airport and Easton Mall. I had read the reviews and was expecting a nice hotel, but was still surprised about how lovely it was. The hotel still felt new. It was very clean. The suite was a good size with a huge bathroom and a very comfortable bed. Flat screens in both rooms with a good selection of channels. I am pretty spoiled when it comes to hotels and I would have absolutely no reservation about staying at the hotel again. The service was also excellent.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 9, 2010

From the moment my family and I walked into the hotel we were impressed. We were told the hotel just opened in September. The lobby has a beautiful fountain sculpture in a large atrium. The staff was quick to help us with our luggage and point out all of the features of the hotel. We booked a two queen bed suite which was beautiful.
The large living room had a sink, microwave, and small fridge with a dining table and three chairs. There was also a couch (sofabed) with an ottoman and an LCD television. All the furnishings looked brand new and nothing was dirty. The bedroom was just as nice with comfortable mattresses and pillows with clean white linens. There is a nice sized closet in the bedroom with a dresser, and another ottoman and tv. The only negative I would have about the entire room was the dresser space. There were only three small drawers for clothes. The bathroom was large with nice finishes and fluffy towels.
The daily breakfast had many offerings along with made to order omelets and eggs. There was also bacon, pancakes, cereal, muffins, and the usual breakfast fare. Everything tasted great and items were replenished quickly. We did not attend the manager's reception in the evenings, but I am sure it was just as nice.
My children and I used the pool area every day. It was always kept clean and fresh towels were always available. The hot tub was nice and the pool was always warm. The kids enjoyed watching the planes take off and land from the pool area. We rarely heard any noise from the airport.
Finally, the staff at this hotel made our trip. They were quick to offer help or see if we needed anything. They offer free shuttle service to the local area. I would recommend visiting the Easton shopping center. They have pretty much any store you could imagine there. Do not hesitate to book this hotel, you will not regret staying here. I forgot to take pictures of the room before the kids destroyed it, but the pictures on the website are what our room looked like.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family