“Overall a Pleasant Stay”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus - Airport
Ranked #9 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Clifton Park, New York
“Overall a Pleasant Stay”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

My husband travels for work in Lancaster and we decided to stay in Columbus for a couple of days before he starts working. PROS: Our room was comfortable and tastefully decorated. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The shuttle service to the mall and airport were such a huge bonus. The gym and hot tub area were clean and well-equipped. They have a good selection of food for breakfast and evening appetizers. CONS: I prefer it when hotels serve free coffee and tea in the lobby instead of having a coffee shop around. Also, if I'm paying extra for internet it would be great if it works really well and uninterrupted. Overall, it was still a pleasant stay and I probably would stay here again if I'm the area.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on two different occasions this month, and in two different types of rooms (Two Queens the first time and King with sofabed on the next stay). Very happy with this hotel and would stay here again. The hotel still feels relatively new; the rooms are in nice shape, and the beds and pillows are comfortable. The evening reception with drinks and light bites, the ample breakfast buffet with made-to-order omelette station, and sizeable, modern Fitness Center and pool are all excellent amenities.

Location is ideal, too: It's quite close to the airport, but also an easy ride downtown. Easton and Westerville are relatively close, too, Powell and Delaware (35 min. away) were pretty accessible from here as well.

Clientele: business, leisure and family. Our observation was that it's a mix of families with young kids (especially on weekends during tournament season), conference attendees (the hotel has very good conference facilities), tourists in town for sports functions, and parents in town for college-age student visits.

Room advice: not all rooms are equal. Know before you go. Views looking out the front of the hotel are better than the nondescript views out the back (or worse: a second of odd-numbered rooms on 2nd floor are overlooking a rooftop with the large heating/ air conditioning units)i

Stayed February 2014
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Long review short, I was stranded at MEPS after a charter bus sponsored by the military drove myself and my cohorts to the MEPS station 15 minutes away. I was not informed by my recruiter that the bus wouldn't be coming back to take us back to the hotel. I didn't know what to do. My car was at the hotel and no one at MEPS could leave to drive me back to the hotel. I called the hotel, told Janet the receptionist, my problem and she immediately sent over a shuttle bus drivin by Kenny to come get me.

• Stayed February 2014
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed February 13, 2014

The weather caused us to have to stay in Columbus, so we got a room at Embassy. It was a very nice hotel. The weather kept us in, so we enjoyed the food and drinks at the hotel lobby bar. The hostess at the bar, Carrie went above and beyond to make sure we were content.She was super friendly and kept our drinks coming! From the time we arrived (the shuttle driver was even upbeat and friendly) to the time we left, we absolutely enjoyed our stay. A bad situation that turned into a wonderful evening!!!! Thank you for everything, we would recommend the hotel to anyone who gets stuck at CMH.

Sarah

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Ohio
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Was extremely disappointed in this hotel. Having stayed here a year ago, this experience was VERY different. Embassy is my chain of choice and I have stayed at my fair share of them. This one however has changed for the worst. First of all we showed up with 6 total people to stay in 2 rooms. We were immediately told that parties were unacceptable and that we would be thrown out for doing so. Thanks for assuming that was what we came for because it wasn't. Second, we were given wrist bands which we were expected to wear for the entire stay to take advantage of the manager's reception and breakfast. Sorry but this has never happened at another Embassy before and was quite frankly ridiculous as the hotel barely had anyone staying in it. Who wants to wear a cheap plastic wrist band when they go out for a nice evening just to get breakfast in the morning? Not me. Third, we were handed a lengthy list of things that are not allowed at this hotel. All were COMMON SENSE items and made us feel like children. I won't even get into the situation at the pool where during the "adult swim hours" there were 20+ kids with one adult screaming like banshees and the jerk security guard. Safe to say that if all Embassy Suites followed suit with this one that I will NEVER stay at one again. Absolutely ridiculous.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Andrew H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus - Airport, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. We again apologize for the inconveniences that you endured, if there is anything we can do to correct this please let us know. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.
ashtabula, United States
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I didn't bring all of the issues to staff attention so this is not a fair review I guess. The room was nice but the heat was not working until the second night stay. There was a dirty hairbrush on the shelf in the bathroom proving the room hadn't been dusted. Staff would not give me an extra blanket because I already had 2, lol, 210$ and I should get as many blankets as I want! The bartender and evening reception staf was very pleasant and classy.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

1 Thank Laura M
minneapolis, United States
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Too many other Hilton choices in this area to stay at this hotel who just does not care

The management at this hotel show an absolute lack respect for travelers. On Feb 4th I was traveling to Columbus Ohio and there was a winter weather storm warning - yes the storm was coming not just a possibility My plans had changed as meetings cancelled and I was able to work with the airlines who graciously rerouted me. With that said, I called this specific hotel to cancel my reservation at 4:00pm on the 4th , The staff member who answered the phone said that they can not accommodate me as they have a 24 hour policy. I explained that the weather had changed my flights and that I would not be spending the night in Columbus. They quickly asked someone else and gave the same line. you have to cancel 24 hours in advance. While I understand this policy for some - it is absurd that during sever weather a customer is not provided some leeway.
I contacted Hilton corporate who also tried to see if I could have this policy waived and the hotel said NO. The corporate contact was very apologetic and handled this with a high level of professionalism. With that said - it is too bad that they have one hotel with the Hilton name on it that dose not live up to what I expect as a Hilton Honers member.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business