Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus - Airport
$138
$120
Sheraton.com
1,087 results
All reviewscolumbus airportevening receptionmade to order omeletscomplimentary breakfastliving areathe shuttle driverbeautiful hotelfree shuttlebreakfast staffeaston mallrooms are largegreat place to staythe breakfast areawould highly recommend this hotelbusiness tripgreat roomkenny
Reviewed November 8, 2013

This Embassy suites was an amazing place to stay. I travel a lot, and stay at a lot of different places. This was in a safe area. Great shuttle service. Great food, great bar, great room. Very clean. I would recommend anyone to stay here.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Reviewed November 7, 2013

My praise of and admiration for this hotel is effusive! To accommodate my grown family of five, I have NEVER stayed in a nicer hotel. The facility, the amenities, the actual room/suite, even the bathroom size . . . all were spectacular. While awaiting my oldest son's arrival, we watched planes fly over from the Columbus airport. And you couldn't hear them . . . at all! Talk about soundproof! The complimentary evening reception and breakfast were unexpected to begin with, and exceedingly wonderful. I have NEVER stayed in a hotel where every single staff member was having the best day of his/her life (and least that's how it seemed). I wish I could remember all of their names, but from Isabella at check-in (and handling my questions throughout the evening), to the young man sweeping the floor outside our 6th floor apartment, to the cleaning ladies (both room and foyer ladies), to Carrie at the evening reception, to the breakfast stewards who cleaned our tables after every course, to the evening bartender who took my pizza order . . . all made me feel like I was the most important person in the world. My congratulations to the staff, to management and to the owners for creating and promoting an atmosphere of royalty throughout our entire stay. Thank you for the world-class experience! I truly look forward to a future stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Reviewed November 1, 2013

We stayed in this hotel in December '12 and were "wowed"...have highly recommended it to everyone, so when another trip was planned to Columbus we booked there again, as did our son and daughter-in-law. Have to say we were less than happy this time. Checked in on a Thursday; were told we'd need to wear the county fair kind of plastic bracelets for breakfast (something new since December) but that was okay - the breakfast had been super in December. Not so much this time. No one asked about internet usage when we or our son ked in or offered that there was a code to enter for free access. I only know that there was because my attempts to access it with my Hilton Honors member number did not work. When I called the desk to see why, I was given a code. Unfortunately this happened AFTER our son paid $10 for one day's access to simply use it ONE time for a specific purpose! Our room was serviced on Friday but we realized later that none of the glasses were replaced with new ones, the personal coffee supplies were not replenished the entire time (check out on Monday), nor was the used coffee "pod" removed from the coffee maker at all - discovered that on Monday before we checked out! Room was not serviced AT ALL on Saturday which we brought to the attention of the front desk personnel on Sunday morning - and had to request towels/cloths for Saturday. It is a beautiful facility, definitely conveniently located, but overall this trip was as disappointing as the first stay was pleasant. Will not stay there again - too many other facilities to choose from.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Andrew H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

We are sorry that you had a disappointing experience during your stay with us and that we were not able to provide you with an exceptional stay. I was especially disappointed to read from your review that our staff did not provide you with the proper amenities. I can assure you this is very unusual to happen and I’ve made sure to personally speak to our staff regarding your comments. We make every effort to satisfy our guests and I truly apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused.

Again, I apologize if you went through any inconveniences and hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our location again.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

I stayed here two weekends for business. The hot tub is awful! The pool was warmer than the hot tub one weekend. The hot water in the shower was luke warm at best. The bed was comfortable and the breakfast was great, but I expected more from Embassy Suites.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Andrew H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if this was the case and I can assure you that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience. We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the level of quality that you are accustomed to receive from us. We do everything we can to ensure our guests enjoy our hotel. With that said, I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

I stayed here for three nights in mid-October for the primary purpose of shopping at Easton Town Center and going to the Columbus Zoo. Initially, I would have preferred to stay at Easton but found the rooms there to be more expensive than I liked. This location was very convenient; it is right off the highway and I think it took me less than fifteen minutes to get to Easton and perhaps about twenty-five minutes to get to the Zoo (mostly because there was a lot of traffic on the side roads there). Plus, I got a great rate.

The hotel is very, very nice...up-to-date, spacious and very clean. The rooms are fantastic...very comfortable and functional...everything was spotless and well-maintained. I especially liked the moveable table that can function as a table, desk or anything else where you need a large, flat, horizontal surface...and chaise lounge part of the sofa...and the rolling ottomans...and the generally good lighting. I had requested a quiet room and did not hear a single outside sound during my entire stay...especially great since I would think this type of hotel attracts families over the weekends. There is information in the rooms about their strict enforcement of noise issues so apparently they are serious about this problem...yeah!!

Just a few minor room design issues... The showerhead is set so high that I could barely reach it for adjustment (I am 5'3"). The shower is big but there is no bathtub...which I would have loved after long days of walking. The lighting in the bathroom is quite dim...I had to use the mirror in the kitchen area to put in my contacts, put on mascara, etc. The bathroom has ample storage space but, given the location of the outlets, most items put on the shelf will be in the way of your various cords. The coffeemaker makes a scant cup of coffee...I would fully fill the water for each cup but only about 3/4 of an average cup would come out.

I never made it to breakfast so I cannot comment on that amenity. I do wish, however, that the breakfast hours were extended...9:30 during the week and 10:30 on the weekends are quite early closings, especially for those of us traveling for pleasure and not business. I don't think closings of 10 a.m. during the week and 11 a.m. on the weekends are unreasonable. I made one evening reception...got there about 7:10 p.m. on a Saturday night...there were a lot of fresh vegetables left but no dip...I didn't even see any indication that there had been dip. A lot of cheese cubes remaining and a few pieces of nuts and dried fruit.

One unfortunate service occurrence... I needed more coffee packets and creamers (given the above-described issue with the coffeemaker) and also the loan of a pair of scissors. I called down to the front desk and was told these items would be brought right up. Twenty, twenty-five minutes later...no one had come. Called again...told again that these items would be brought right up. Another twenty minutes or so passed and still no one showed up. Called again and was something short of pleasant. Coffee and creamers were brought about five minutes later, but no scissors. Annoying...especially when I just want to wake up and get on with my day. Otherwise, I just found the service lukewarm.

If in the area again, I would definitely stay here. The rooms are so great and comfortable and I loved the quiet atmosphere and convenient location. Different coffeemakers would be an easy fix and an overall improvement in service would be wonderful.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo