“The Place to Stay”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus - Airport
Ranked #11 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed September 19, 2013

As a Hilton Diamond member I have stayed in multiple Hilton properties all across the country. This Embassy Suites stands out above them all. The staff and I mean all the staff are outstanding. I have never met an entire staff that went out of their way to insure an outstanding stay. Rooms were excellent as was the breakfast. Two special needs children really enjoyed the great pool. Could not have asked for more - would highly recumbent this property. Short drive to everything in Columbus.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,053)

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I am a frequent guest at this hotel, generally stay every Thursday evening before I travel home on business. When I check in I was told that they did not have a reservation and that they were sold out. The hotel staff did not offer to assist me in obtaining a room at another hotel. I had to go to the Marriott next door to receive superior customer service and assistance with hotel accomodations. Very disappointed, historically, I have enjoyed the accomodations at this hotel (suite is clean, excellent breakfast, hotel shuttle, hotel quiet, etc. ) My biggest complaint is the lack of hospitality displayed by the front desk staff.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
1  Thank Donna W
Andrew H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

I was especially disappointed to read from your review that our staff did not provide you the professional and courteous treatment you deserve. I can assure you this is very unusual to happen and I’ve made sure to personally speak to our staff regarding your comments. We make every effort to respect our guests and I truly apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused.

Again, I apologize if you went through any inconveniences and hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our location again.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

We were very pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food service at breakfast and especially dinner. The hotel was friendly, staff very helpful, grounds beautiful and rooms well furnished. We did feel a bit awkward at having to walk through another group event to our banquet room at the end of the hall, but the other group was pleasant about it all. It worked. The banquet room was well insulated from noise of other event.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Stayed here Sept. 5-8. Room was great, all the staff was very helpful and friendly. Kenny Russell, our shuttle driver was absolutely outstanding. Kenny was helpful, friendly and full of information and recommendations on where to go in Columbus.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

My girlfriend and I flew in from San Diego to watch the Aztecs play Ohio State. Though we weren't expecting much, we were surprised and pleased with the charm of the city.
Our first impression was shaped by the hotel shuttle driver, Kenny Russell. Not only was he incredibly friendly and helpful, he continued to go out of his way to make sure that we enjoyed our stay. He suggested various landmarks and activities to see and do. He even went so far as to volunteer himself to serve as a taxi.
With the help of our tour guide/driver we found our way to the German Village, the Short North and the Easton shopping area. We had seen both Scmidt's and Thurman's Cafe on Man vs Food on the Travel Channel and they were both fun places to eat and experience the local Columbus fare.
The hotel is only a few years old and is well maintained. I believe that all of the rooms are suites and come with 2 tv's. Our room was clean and more than adequate. The only issue that we came across was the Internet access, but Kenny quickly fixed that and my girlfriend was able to complete her video conference meeting.
We would certainly return for a football game and would happily stay at the hotel again.

Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

This was the best Embassy Suites ever that I had stayed at! One mishap, dont emphasize the bands unless you enforce them. 10-14 kids with no bands were able to swim. Emphasized to me when I checked in but not enforced. Restaurant was to die for; service at the hotel superb; breakfast unreal; #1 in my book.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Great location to airport and I-670. Quick route to Ohio Stadium parking and downtown Columbus. Nice lounge area to socialize with friends. The social period and the great complimentary breakfast (omelets made to order) add a lot of value.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels