“Highly recommend this place!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus - Airport

Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus - Airport
Ranked #7 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
South Bend, IN
“Highly recommend this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I travel often but rarely submit a rating. This place was the exception. The customer service and genuine wanting to "go the extra mile" from the staff here had to be noted in a review. You guys have got it all down pat. Thanks for the great stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Check with hotel weeks prior to reservation to make sure a good fit for a wheelchair bound family member. Arrived at hotel approx 2:15 pm to see if we could check in early. Manager had previously told me that an early check in would not be a problem. Desk clerk not available, after waiting several minutes she appeared. After flipping her hair a couple of times, clerk told me to have a seat and she would let me know when it would be ready. Waited 15 minutes before leaving to see a movie. Had asked if the assigned room was the only accessible room before leaving, was told only accessible room in hotel. Really? Returned after movie and dinner to check in. No bartender at manager reception, oh well. Had reserved room wth accessible tub as stated in room listings online. Given roll in shower room ,not an option for particular disability. Attempted to make it work, requested shower chair. Brought a wobbly shower chair, very unstable and unsafe. When confronted with reservation confirmation and a picture of accessible bathtub on company's website, was told that a roll in shower was a tub because it had a lip that prevented water from leaving shower area.???? And didn't know why picture was of an accessible tub. Asked if it was possible to move to sister hotel across road, was told "their setup is the same as ours". Claimed she had made call earlier to inquire about same. When I confronted her with the info that I had called and sister hotel had accessible bathtubs. Admitted they did have accessible bathtub at sister hotel. I know it was the holiday but really I felt like I was being blown off because it was a holiday. Sorry guys, I have worked most holidays for 26 yrs and I mean really worked as in work my butt off. Don't want to work holidays, take a different job. Probably a great hotel if you don't have any special needs. Acted as if the staff was more special than guests. Oh and the polite young man that brought shower chair, stated that chair was wobbly and all the shower chairs are wobbley. Let's see what happens when someone slips off chair and has a fractured hip or subdural hematoma. Like to be in the jury on that one. Always had good experiences at Embassy in the past, not here. :(

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank fauxgypsy
cbustraveler2, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus - Airport, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear fauxgypsy:

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent experience at the Embassy Suites Columbus Airport on TripAdvisor. I take feedback from our guests very seriously and appreciate the time it takes, and inconvenience it is to sit down and share feedback. I believe that my team can only improve if we continue to receive honest feedback from guests and act upon it. As you probably noticed, we almost always do an excellent job of taking care of our guests (which has enabled us to be ranked #2 on Trip Advisor in a city with a lot of excellent hotels, and win awards from Hilton for outstanding service). But there is obviously always room for improvement.

Regarding your feedback, we are currently in the process of renovating all of our accessible bathrooms to incorporate permanent fixed chairs in all of the roll-in showers; the accessible bath tub rooms (which were not available during your stay) have a removable stool in them. We are undertaking this renovation because we are not satisfied with the current set-up and know that we need to improve it for the safety and convenience of our guests (despite the fact that the hotel passed inspection from both the City of Columbus and Hilton). This work will be completed within the next four weeks.

As for the response from the front desk associate, I have already shared your feedback with our Front Office Manager, and can assure you that appropriate disciplinary action will be incorporated with additional training so that she fully understands the ramifications of her behavior. She will be coached on what I believe is an acceptable manner when dealing with guests, particularly in a situation like the one you experienced.

Please accept my sincere apology for the circumstances and service you encountered during your visit, and please rest assured that your points were well taken and will be addressed immediately. Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback, and I hope that you will give us another opportunity, the next time that you are in town, to prove to you that we provide much higher levels of service than what you recently experienced.

Happy Holidays!

Respectfully,
Michael Cooney
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

So in town for concerts, one at OSU another at Nationwide Arena. So we spent 2 nights here to relax everyone for a great show the next night. TV stations wanted to interview the 1964 top groups that are still out performing like it was yesterday. I was 14 when I met them dancing on a CLE rock show, then getting jobs with Shindig, Hullabaloo & NBC shows. I lost my rocker husband to cancer last April, so many are showing up & including me in their fun. I book the rooms since I am HiltonHHonors & get great deals being GOLD. 25,000 points for a stay in rooms with 2 beds & pullout couch & my room with a king bed & jaccuzi. Breakfast is a party for all of us with the chef knowing us all & he gets tix to the show. So he cooks stuff that no one else ordered & brings it to the table where we are buffet style that all get some of everything. Fresh fruit bowl, omelettes with italian sausage & red peppers, regular sausage & green peppers, even peanut butter & jelly sandwich for the lead singer's kid. I wanted french toast & got it with sour cream & regular cream & fruit topping. He had to do a dozen more since I never got a bite of the first one. Then we return after the show to champagne in my room & all get to sit in the jacuzzi (4 fit at once). So do not be afraid to ask for something you have a taste for.

Beds are very comfortable, no complaints from anyone & we all love the Managers party from 4-7 with free food & booze. Then he gets to go with us to the show as company for me. Then I drive home with my friend & the rest go to the airport to fly to various cities they live. He goes to England in a few days. The front desk clerk just loved his voice and his smile. She also remarked that he was grey when he checked in with me & now he is blonde. I told her he lost 20 years also & she agreed with his blue eyes. 25 mins & $3.13 for the box of good stuff from Revlon. I told her she get an award for great attention. He gave her a CD.

Room Tip: I get top floor for performers & me with my guy. Rhoadies get main floor with truck of equiptme...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Beautiful rooms, friendly staff, convenient location. Great, made to order breakfast. This Embassy Suites meets and exceeds expectations. Good value for the money. Easy access to both airport and Interstate.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I stayed here few times while I was working in the area. They have free shuttle to/from airport, unless it's too late at night. I think they stop at 10 pm or around. They also offer shuttle to downtown or neighboring areas. Free breakfast, great location.

• Stayed April 2012
Huntington, West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

My husband and I stay at this hotel because it is one of the only ones in Columbus that has NOT had a bed bug sighting. We have been staying there for a few years now while in Columbus on business over the Thanksgiving weekend. There is nothing terrible about the hotel, however people should know that they gouge you on holidays ($70.00 extra for Thanksgiving night - and we made our reservations way in advance) and they seem to have an aversion to vacuuming.

Upon checking in, we check the room extensively for signs of bed bugs - looking under the mattress, behind the headboard, etc. We were shocked at how much food and debris was there.

Their hot breakfast has great potential. Unfortunately we have very early mornings while there, and usually only partake once during our 3-night stay. Again, when we did eat the breakfast, cleanliness was an issue. The food was okay, however many of the "clean" plates on the breakfast bar still had food attached - just makes you wonder...

On the upside. It has a lovely pool and workout room, and has a managers happy hour each night - unfortunately we don't have the opportunity to go down and enjoy the get-together. The location is convenient, and we feel very safe staying there.

Please ramp-up the cleanliness, or we are going to have to find another hotel!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
cbustraveler2, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus - Airport, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear museumcurator:

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of the Embassy Suites Columbus Airport. The feedback our guests provide is extremely important to us as we strive to improve our service levels every day. Based on your comments, we did not live up to your expectations during your last stay, and for that I apologize. I will be sharing your comments with our entire staff in an effort to improve the items that you pointed out.

I hope that you will choose to give us another chance the next time you are in town. again, thank you for the helpful feedback.

Michael Cooney
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

You can count on being greeted by beautiful and inviting surroundings when you enter the lobby of an Embassy Suites. Once again, we were not disappointed with our stay at this wonderful hotel. The front desk staff was courteous and professional. Our king bedroom suite was clean, tastefully decorated, and quite roomy. Our bed was comfortable with lots of pillows which is an absolute must have when you have lower back problems. Everything we needed was in the room therefore not requiring numerous phone calls to the front desk requesting missing items. The complimentary breakfast offers a made to order omelet station, as well as a bountiful buffet bar. Don't forget the Manager's Welcome Reception from 5:30 - 7:30 PM. This has always been a very nice amenity offered by this hotel chain.

We cannot say enough wonderful things about the hotel manager and staff! They are definitely above and beyond helpful and pleasant! An awesome staff which helped to make our stay a great experience!

Transportation and Location: They offer a complimentary shuttle for the airport. The hotel is conveniently located to the airport and a wide selection of restaurants.

Embassy Suites is truly a hotel that gets it right!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family