“Clean, big rooms”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus - Airport
Ranked #11 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed November 18, 2012

The Embassy Suites sits among several hotels near the airport and I-670. The suites are very clean and very large. The bathroom is very big too, but cold, and my room didn't have a bath mat. The bed and bedding were very nice. My only issues were with the safe, which was awkwardly located on the back wall of the closet. Very hard to get to and almost impossible to see. The shape of the safe is also very odd -- it's vertical and fairly narrow. To put a laptop in there you need to set it on end. In any event, the safe didn't even work. There are directions posted, you need to insert your room key, but it didn't work for me.

In this day when everyone carries multiple devices, hotels really need to improve their safes -- size, location and function. The Embassy Suites flunks on the safe front, but is otherwise a nice place.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

The hotel overall is beautiful.everything from the rooms to the pool and work out area to the breakfast area.....fantastic.the bathroom is really nice.housekeeping walked in on me twice.was overcharged for an additional night and went through a lil bit of a hassle to get refunded due to one of the front desk reps who just made me out to be a liar.the second rep just blew me off and sent me straight to a managers voicemail.it did get straightened out eventually.other than that.best hotel in that area.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Second time I have stayed there for a park, sleep, and fly. They allow you to keep your car there while you are gone and shuttle you back and forth to the airport. The staff and especially the shuttle drivers are excellent, friendly, and professional. The breakfast was very typical of embassy suites (not better or worse). A little pricey compared to other park, sleep, and fly hotels in the area, but I would certainly keep staying there.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 28, 2012

This hotel, with its close proximity to the Columbus Airport, was a terrific venue for a recent professional conference I attended. This was the second time that our association hosted its annual meeting and training session here.

The staff are all guest-focused and they all went our of their way to accommodate us.

The vendor/exhibitor area and the break-out rooms allowed for networking and socializing.

The food offerings were very good, and guests/colleagues staying at the hotel enjoyed the complimentary breakfast as well as the tasty Manager's Reception fare.

Our buffet lunch options were really great; and it was nice that a vegetarian selection was offered. The staff assisting at this luncheon were very friendly and attentive to our group.

The hotel's techical/AV staff responded to issues and challenges in a prompt and professional manner... as well as in a timely manner- which was much appreciated!

Every staff member I encountered greeted me personally and with a smile.

Although I drove to this event, I appreciated the proximity of this hotel to the Columbus airport. I believe this hotel offers shuttle services.

My guest room was really wonderful and offered several amenities. I especially appreciated the large work table as it allowed me to finish my scrapbook project at the end of a long and productive day at the conference!

My guestroom was very clean and the bed was one of the most comfortable I've encountered anywhere!

I'm hoping my professional group returns here at some future time as we all felt very welcomed at the Embassy Suites!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We liked the hotel so much last year (9/16/11); we stayed here again this year (10/12/12).
The breakfast buffet is still quite good and the free omelet bar is a MAJOR plus.
If we got to breakfast when it opened (7:30 weekends & 6:30am weekdays), there were very few people. When you get later, it can be packed. Fortunately there was never a wait for an omelet and we always found a table.
The room was quite functional, but the lighting was not bright enough; especially in the bathroom. Our room only had a shower; no tub (not a problem for us). The bed was comfortable. The hotel was quiet during our stay. We asked for extra towels and they arrived within minutes of the request.
Both times we stayed in room 705, at the end of the hall, which only has one common living room wall with an adjoining room; so the bedroom is VERY quiet. This room is on the opposite side of the freeway and airport; which also helps. The wait for the elevator is usually measured in seconds, not minutes.
They have a Business Office in the Lobby with 4 computers and a printer that you can use at no charge. There is a $9.95 daily charge for Internet access in your room, but that does not appear on your bill if you are a Hilton Honors member; a good reason to sign up for the free Hilton Honors membership.
The only downside (not a fault of the hotel) was Presidential hopeful Mitt Romney and his entourage was there on Saturday morning and they made getting around a bit of a 'challenge' … until he left. So, I guess this hotel was good enough for a Presidential candidate too.
A year later, it is still a very good hotel!

Room Tip: Rooms at the end of the hall, only have one common wall with an adjoining room - Room 705 for exampl...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I really liked this hotel! It was my first stay at an Embassy. The hotel was fairly new. Great rooms with really nice bathrooms. Room service was very good, great selection reasonably priced.The breakfast was really good, full bar with lots of selections, and a made to order grill. Also the gym and pool areas were very roomy and had great equipment. The only reason I gave it a 4 was due to the internet. My phone was faster than the internet that I had to pay for.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Bill E
Reviewed October 13, 2012

This is a newer hotel. I've always been a fan of Embass Suites, but I don't like the lobby of the new design. Breakfast didn't have enough seating, which was never a problem in the old atrium design. The new design just isn't as interesting as the old design. The room design is outstanding! Very comfortable bed, large flat screen tv's. No bathtubs which I enjoy, but nice bathroom. Only problem was I could hear my neighbors showering through the exhaust fan. It was very loud, as though they were showering in my room - obviously a mechanical or design flaw. The service was better than average but not outstanding. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo