“Another great Embassy Suites property!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus - Airport
Ranked #11 of 144 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Separate lounge rooms two TVs, good size bathroom, free parking, nightly manager’s reception drinks and very convenient to the airport (shuttle). What's not to love?
This property is reasonably new and everything is in great condition. The manager’s nightly reception is one of the more sociable bars around.

Only things to watch for or to note.
The A/C units are noisy when running. I could hear my neighbours unit humming and buzzing – got kind annoying when it was switching on & off.
The rooms near the elevators can also be noisy. The elevator beeps at every floor and bongs when the doors open. If you had to listen to that all the time when people were coming & going that would drive you crazy.

Oh and the breakfast area can get crowded and there's not much space between tables.
Grab your breakfast and sit out near the lobby area - much better!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Tzantushka

Reviewed June 17, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised how nice my stay was at this hotel. Passing through on business, I stopped here for one night. The veggie burger I ordered in the bar was excellent and hit the spot after traveling all day. The room was a great size with two flat screen TV's and cold bottled water in the fridge. It was VERY CLEAN which makes me think it must be fairly new. There is free parking, wifi, and a hot breakfast that is more than satisfying. I had egg whites made-to-order with fresh fruit, and I took coffee & a yogurt for the road. I will definitely stay here again if I am back in the area.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
cbustraveler2, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2012

Dear Raganreview:

Thak you for choosing to stay with us on your recent trip through Columbus. We appreciate the positive review, and look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to our area. Thanks again for staying with us and for your kind comments.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

This was my first stay at an Embassy Suites. I am glad that I listened to the Tripadvisor reviews! It is very close to the airport as it took us less than five minutes to get there. We had a wonderful stay and enjoyed the complimentary cocktail hour. They offered cheese, crackers, fruit, chips & salsa/guacamole and something else although I don't recall. Soda and beer were complimentary but I'm not sure about other drinks. The complimentary breakfast buffet in the morning was good as far as hotel breakfast goes and the staff was very pleasant. There were a lot of kids/teens and it was very noisy in the lobby, but we didn't hear a thing from our room on the top floor. The suite was very clean and comfortable which provided a good night's rest. What more could you want?

Room Tip: Stay on the highest floor for a quiet room.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear DasKins:

Thank you for taking the time to review the Embassy Suites Columbus-Airport. We appreciate that you chose to stay with us, and the positive comments that you shared. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you stay in Columbus. Thanks again.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

Very friendly at check-in. Room was fine and clean. Shuttle to airport great and prompt. Only downside was a baseball tournament going on and many kids at property and loud at times.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Pulmjim:

Thank you for the positive comments, and for choosing to stay at our hotel. I'd like to apologize for any inconvenience you were caused by the youth athletics team, and I hope that you will choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed June 9, 2012

I travel a modest amount on business. My stay at this property was easily one of my very best hotel experiences. Week day front desk staff demonstrated a genuine customer service concern. Facility and room were very clean and inviting. Breakfast, manager's reception and dining were above average.

Kenny Russell, hotel transportation specialist, is an exceptional hotel staff member. His attitude and actions demonstrate an absolute dedication to customer service. If Kenny managed customer service for the airlines, flying would again be a pleasurable experience.

The weekend front desk staff did an acceptable job, but it was hard to tell if they provided customer service because they really believed in it or because it was part of their job. Note: the weekend level of service was quite acceptable, it just suffered in comparison to the week day staff (which was outstanding).

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Dear GDMSheboyganFalls_WI:

Thank you for sharing your comments about the Embassy Suites Columbus-Airport. We have many wonderful associates at this property, and Kenny Russel is definitely one of our very best! I will be sharing your comments with our entire front office team, to recognize Kenny for the impact he had on your stay.
We appreciate that you chose to stay with us, and we hope that you will visit us again the next time you are in Columbus.

Reviewed June 6, 2012

We stayed here for two nights while attending a swim meet at OSU. The hotel was clean and modern. The beds were comfortable and the rooms had a very nice layout. We were on the 7th floor and we did not have any issues with noise from the halls or from outside. The air conditioning unit was well positioned and very quiet. We really liked the fact that the bathroom had access from both the bedroom and the kitchen area. The hotel is about 10 minutes from campus but there are not really any restaurants within walking distance from the hotel. Breakfast on the weekends begins at 7:30 and we had to be at the pool by 7:15 so the staff offered us a box breakfast which included cereal, milk, a muffin, a snack bar and a fruit. The breakfast buffet was very good and not overly crowded when we were there. The line for omlets was reasonable and they were quite good. We were always at the pool for finals so we were not able to attend the afternoon snacks and drinks. We also did not have the opportunity to go to the pool so I cannot comment on that. We did order room service one night and the service was quick and the food was good. Overall, this was a great stay and we will definately stay here again when we are in town for the next swim meet.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank born2sail

Dear born2sail:

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay. We appreciate the kind words, and look forward to having you back the next time you travel to Columbus. Hopefully, next time you're with us you'll have the opportunity to experience more of the amenities that the hotel offers, including our nightly manager's reception. Thanks again for choosing our hotel.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

Had a next day flight from Columbus Airport, stayed with my husband and two adult sons. Booked on points and couldn't find a sleep, park and fly rate. No problem they just charged me an additional $10 for the weeks parking.
Nice modern hotel with Airport Monitors in the Lobby and Free Airport Shuttle.( You need to book the shuttle ahead of time)
Very friendly and helpful staff. Kudo's to Sophia who helped me on our return when our flight was delayed.
Room was spacious, had a good sized couch also which one of my sons slept on and found comfortable.
Nice managers reception started at 5:30PM and finished at 7;30PM. Only negative was they ran out of snacks very quickly and did not replenish them.
Restaurant on site but limited menu and very slow service. We ordered a Pizza, Big mistake it was obviously a Frozen Pizza and tasted like cardboard. Staff though were very friendly just slow service.
Buffet Breakfast was fairly good, they offered Omelettes to order.
Did not use the Pool but it looked fine. Exercise equipment was also fine, used by my husband.
Having stayed at most of the Columbus Airport Hotels now I can definitely say this is the best in all aspects. We will definitely stay there again. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
cbustraveler2, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2012

Dear bmutgi:

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Embassy Suites Columbus Airport. I was pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay; however, I would like to apologize for the slow service and poor pizza you encountered in our restaurant. I have addressed your concerns with our Food & Beverage team, and we have even started looking at different recipes for our pizza, based on your comments.

Again, thank you for sharing your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to Columbus!